Airports in the new world update - Payware versions

2 of the Airports in the latest world Update I have as Payware. Do I remove the MSFS versions?

1 Like

If you want to continue to use your payware, no need to uninstall, just leave your payware in the Community folder and it will continue to work as it did before.

1 Like

Many thanks for the reply.

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:airports

That’s true but usually it is necessary to disable their Asobo (Gaya) counterparts in the Content.xml file to avoid mixup if that’s not done by the payware installer.

1 Like

Ok, I own AMSim LICJ Palermo airport, so I made some comparison screenshots between Asobo (Gaya) WU version and AMSim payware:

Asobo:

AMSim:

Asobo:

AMSim:

Asobo:

AMSim:

Asobo:

AMSim:

Asobo:

AMSim:

Asobo:

AMSim:

Asobo:

AMSim:

Asobo:

AMSim:

Asobo:

AMSim:

Asobo:

AMSim:

I find the Asobo’s version a bit better than AMSim’s so I keep the default at the moment. It only misses the ships and maybe the night lighting is too bright but the rest looks more detailed to me.

10 Likes

Thank you for this. It helps me decide on buying the third party or not (was waiting). It looks like I’ll keep Asobo’s on this one (like KATL).

2 Likes

wow deleting AM Sim as we speak. Can you do LIPB as well?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t own LIPB.

2 Likes

Just take a note that those jetways in Asobo’s version screenshots are from LVFR Jetway Pro addon. Defaults from Asobo probably look a little bit worse.

3 Likes

Next time I am waiting for these WU before buying airport addons :sweat_smile: The same happened to me with the previous Iberia update where Asobo’s version of Faro LPFR was superior to the TropicalSim’s version. But that hurt more because it was much more expensive compared to AMSim’s LICJ. I like AMSim anyway, they offer a good value for a lower price.

1 Like

Some developers, I don’t hesitate on because they’re reliably good: FlightBeam, FlyTampa, LVFR, FSDreamTeam, Orbx, Aerosoft, JetStream, PacSim, FSimStudios, Drzewiecki, MK Studios, SimWings, etc.

If I have any hesitation about the quality, I wait if I think there may be a WU upgrade or a better developer’s version (until I know).

2 Likes

Installing that add-on as I type. It looks nice and for a touch over £6 I can’t say no :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. FlyTampa, FlightBeam and LVFR are always instabuy for me. I also like Gaya’s “full” versions. Their Wien LOWW is brilliant. And FlyTampa KLAS and FlightBeam NZAA are just masterpieces.

1 Like

Could not agree more with those (plus some others).

1 Like

Agree 100%, I got them all. Fly Tampa Boston is epic!

2 Likes

The Asobo one looks quite interesting but I am undecided for now, the double jetways in the Asobo version of this airport looks a bit off.

The most recent world update airports are seriously good. I doubt I’d bother with a payware one if I cared about any of them.

Ironically the Asobo airports that cost money, the Premium Edition ones, are nowhere near payware standard.

3 Likes

They’ve gotten notably better with each update. The initial ones and first US update should be redone to match the newer quality level achieved. That’d be awesome!

2 Likes

So, I quickly went to the trouble to compare the “Beautiful Model of the World” (BMotW) LIPB airport pre-world update with the new Asobo version. You can see the comparison shots below. Please note that I stupidly forgot to note the exact time for the screenshots so some of the lighting differences might be due to slight differences in the time of day. Also sorry for forgetting to hide some UI elements in some of the screenshots. And obviously the DEM is also different, so if the background looks a bit nicer in the Asobo/Gaya version, that’s just due to the general changes and should carry over when you keep the BMotW version.

My verdict: while some of the geometry of the Gaya/Asobo version is much more detailed and some of the textures are better, I think that BMotW have put in the effort of adding a bit more detail one the sides and flavor (e.g., posters, people, helis on the military field, etc.). It’s a really hard decision. I think I would really like to combine the strengths of both, but I think I’ll keep the BMotW for now (if it works nicely with the new DEM).

(Edit: Also, I think the night lighting is much better in the BMotW version.)

BMotW:

Asobo:

BMotW:

Asobo

BMotW:

Asobo:

BMotW:

Asobo:

BMotW:

Asobo:

BMotW:

Asobo: