All aircraft veer to right during taxiing, take-off and landing

All aircraft veer (violently) to right during taxiing, take-off and landing, which makes flying virtual impossible. Although reported elsewhere in the forum, I have not seen a working solution for this (at least not for me). I have no mods installed, except the FBW A320neo which, interestingly, does not have this issue. I have re-calibrated and also re-installed my joystick (Thrustmaster TCA Joystick & Throttle Quadrant) drivers and firmware but to no avail.

It is likely related to MSFS, as it affects all aircraft, as I do not have this issue in X-Plane or any other programme. I am looking for an in depth solution in relation to the MSFS programme, not advice like settings e.g. check wind, it is torque, runway slopes etc., as I have more or less excluded these.

Any suggestion is appreciated, as I prefer to avoid a complete re-install of MSFS as ultimum remedium due to slow internet.

Cheers

Peter

1 Like

Check your assistance setting, make them all Hard/True to Life to turn them off.

Then check your control settings, on the sensitivity, make sure you have some deadzone to all your X,Y,Z axis of at least 5%.

Also make sure you unbind any duplicate controls coming from multiple hardware connected to your computer. (for example, you can’t have rudder control bound on your keyboard while you also have rudder binding on your joystick/pedals. Remove the binding from the hardware you don’t use, so that you don’t get conflicting controls fighting each other).

Then on your flight under the assistance menu from the top toolbar, make sure everything is Off.

3 Likes

Do you mean only when in contact with the ground?

Obviously can’t be rudder input, because that would have an effect while airborne. Only other thing I can immediately think of is that you have something bound to the right wheel brake which is causing it to be stuck on. Any clue from looking down at the pedals?

1 Like

Hi Neo, yes, I have set to Hard/True to life and also have deadzones on th axis. I will check if I don’t have multiple bindings, I have not done that yet, thanks.

BeardyBrun, yes, it is only when in contact with the ground, airborne is fine. The pedals look okay to me, and I have checked the brake axis, but they seem to be fine. I will double check however, it is easily overlooked., thanks.

Modern flight model instead of legacy?

Maybe a piece of the puzzle. There seems to be a lack of debouncing in msfs control mappings.

The way I see this is clicking a button to engage and disengage brakes will often fail to work. Experimenting with my logitech hotas I have to tap all momentary buttons, observe exterior view to see brakes actually went off or on, or landing gear went up or down, and retry up to three times.

I believe X-plane has better debounce logic as these issues do not occur in X-Plane.

If MSFS would let you print or export all mappings to an HTML or PDF printable reference or it had a log window then we would see each incoming USB HID action and its mapped effect.

2 Likes

Needs a front end alignment :wink:

1 Like

I had same problem, realized by accident that my right toe brake axis did not always go back to zero in fsuipc7. After I reset it in fsuipc7 I no longer had the problem. It sounds like a toe brake axis problem like had. I have rudder pedals ,

3 Likes

Hallo Nijntje, yes, I have all aircraft set as modern, hartelijk dank.

Did you check if your elevator and aileron axis are centered at the same point in your control settings? My aileron-axis is sometimes a little off to the right and after recalibrating in Windows it matches again

g’day, I had the same issue.

For me I believe it was something to do with the Autopilot and trimming. Once back in the air activating autopilot then disengaging seemed to resolve the issue.

I had no luck manually changing rudder trim, trying to configure yoke again so I was lead to believe it was something to do with autopilot in the TBM930

One way to exclude your flight controls would be to spawn on the runway, ready for takeoff, and use the keyboard only. Ensure you have no other flight control devices plugged in at all.

Numpad 2 will pull back on the yoke. If you don’t experience it then, it’s probably one of your devices. If you do, it’s something in the simulator itself.

1 Like

Hi, thanks, I will give that a try and use keyboard only after unplugging my joystick and rudder.

1 Like

Hi, as suggested, I have unplugged all my joystick, throttle quadrant etc. and left with my keyboard only, but problem still exists, so assume as you said it is something in the simulator. Probably end up re-installing MSFS, never mind.

Thanks to all the above persons to give some time and thoughts about my problem, it is much appreciated.

Peter

2 Likes

Before you reinstall to completely rule out crosswind.
Confirm it’s always to the right, even when you turn around on the runway and you are taxiing in the opposite direction.

3 Likes

I would second the notion that a reinstall will almost certainly not fix anything, and just waste time, and bandwidth. A crosswind seems far more likely, with the plane weathervaning into the wind.

I play on an xbox X series and I have the same problem. Taxing, the plane wants to pull to the right and I constantly have to use the rudder to correct this and it gets more difficult the faster I’m going. But I also have the same issue when I’m in the air, the plane wants to roll to the right and I’m constantly holding my stick to keep it’s my stick to counter that action. I am playing with the xbox controller at the moment I have plans to buy a yoke and throttle set up later this year.

2 Likes

If it rolls to the right I suggest to increase the deadzone of your joystick etc.

My pull only happens on landing and take-off in Activities. Regular World Map flights steering is fine. Saitek yoke.

1 Like

Hi, no, the issue is not related to crosswind, winvane effect, torque effect, runway slope etc., see OP. Even without joystick & TQ attached and only keyboard in default setting it still happens and it seems to be related to something deeper into the programme. It happens only on the ground, once airborne there is no problem and all aircraft fly as normal/expected.

1 Like