Allow to refund the game on PC after update 5 graphical downgrade

Know where you coming from, I’ve seen the same with Asphalt-8, I can run that racer at 51FpS on my MX-330/i7 laptop. With MSFS I don’t get more than 25, even after the Nordic update. Before that, I had 16-20.

We can’t reach the 60FpS frame rate in MSFS because the scenery is much larger (it is downloaded while you fly) and more complex, compared to these games. We have weather, time set, sunshine, clouds… moonlight… all under user control. And the player camera can go to any altitude and horizon angle… can you do that in Cyberpunk ?

I don’t know that game, but screenshots look dark… that also makes it easier, to skip details…

There is far more variety in light in MSFS… I don’t see that in Cyberpunk screenshots, they all use artificial lighting and evening sky textures. MSFS has sunlight winds, rain, snow, rainbows… an atmospheric model.

Because FSX was a console hit, right?

Way off topic

I will not ask for a refund… but the truth is that I feel cheated.

I bought the game twice, one a physical copy to have it on my stand with my other geek aviation things and books, and other on Steam as it’s the platform where I do prefer to game.

However after playing this last weekend SU5 for first time as said I feel disappointed, at first obvioulsy noticed the performance improvement (something It’s great obviously for people who doesn’t have high-end rigs, and I’m happy for them - even that in my case I was happy with the performance I’ve already got (i7-8700k,rtx3070,32gb ram,1440p). But also start to feel the sim different, not so sharp, it clearly looks way worse than before.

I do really hope that Asobo/MS brings back the visual quality to PC soon. Otherwise, they will be difficult to trust anymore on future updates and projects.

5 Likes

I have both msfs2020 and P3D 5.2hf2 and I just fly P3D until 2020 gets better. I did this after update 2 and tried again after update 4 and things are better. I think MSFS 2020 will keep getting better.

Try adjusting your settings, use the .cfg hack if you must but almost everything is way better and what isn’t is still work in progress. Also some aspects have been moved to other cores so might require a different approach.

it’s a feat of epic proportions if you asked me, what Asobo accomplished is absolutely mind blowing in terms of memory optimization, yeah they nuked the sim on PC but they managed to fit a ferrari engine into a scooter, how many companies can say that?

4 Likes

I wasn’t necessarily referring to the framerate, but to the fact that each system should be allowed to do things differently based on their specific capabilities…

1 Like

Agreed 100%, 1st trailer… Xbox : Captured in real-time 4k, it was clear from the beginning…

All the games you mention are confined to a set that has been tuned and retuned MSFS has an imperfect stage that is Bing World, check out the discovery flights to understand the difference

thats funny, i play on a pc below 1000 and it runs better than ever and still looks good enough.

3 Likes

Yes, let capabilities decide for the defaults. But as a user. I’d like to be able to change things, and choose a lower framerate - go up quality, 10FpS or less in the mountains or over cities, or I want… landing practice, I put Low quality to have >30FpS.

The other end, an Ultra++ mode, that should also work for slow PC’s, or on XBox-S. When I’m making a screen shot, or when I’m touristing at low altitude, I want to see all there is as realistic as the sim can do. Get 10FpS, I don’t mind.

1 Like

You’re free to change the options. Ultra settings for high and PC’s are there. Go into options and there will be various things you can change. With mouse and left click you can change those to get better graphics.

Completely agree. I also spent a few thousand dollars on a brand new gaming machine that doesn’t have any other software other than MS Flight Simulator 2020. There’s no conflict with any other software other than potentially bloatware that Microsoft would introduce every once in awhile.

Microsoft / Asobo really did all of us a huge dis-service but constantly messing this up. Significantly WAY OVER PROMISED EVERY TIME and under deliver.

SU5 was horrible because most of us spent about 70GB of bandwidth and time to download only to experience tremendous problems. This is simply inexplicable and inexcusable.

Most planes do not work properly. In many cases, the flagship TBM 930 cannot even be started!!! I still haven’t completed a full flight without CTD.

What a mess!!

6 Likes

That’s because your low/mid range pc can’t produce the visuals mine does and therefore you haven’t seen what I have.

6 Likes

Yet there are several folk with huge systems raving about the visuals

1 Like

It is going to end up being exactly that way though. Asobo have said numerous times there are higher graphics and LOD settings coming to the sim for those with high end PC’s. It wouldn’t surprise me if we get them in the next week or so since it would clearly be a solution to a lot of problems and stop people complaining.

3 Likes

Yea I bet this will be the case. Realists though know that there will be no changes come until at least the next world update, maybe next sim update, perhaps 2022-2023 timeframe.

You’ll just get the same tired tropes in response:

• “This is a pizza restaurant, not a cheese restaurant” -Person who forgot cheese is a core component of pizza (This is Flight Simulator, not “X” Simulator)
  • “I don’t know what you’re complaining about, this pizza just got so much better!” -Person who is lactose intolerant/vegetarian (Flight Simulator changes cater only to or don’t negatively impact their own use case, not most others’)
  • “It’s still so much better than anything we had before” -Person who’s been eating $3 frozen disc pizzas for the past decade and isn’t used to dining out. (Comparing Flight Simulator to its 15 year old predecessor instead of other modern video games, or previous iterations of the current Flight Simulator)
  • “Just be patient. They’ll put the cheese back on the pizza” -Person who ordered an hour and a half ago, and is now going to wait another hour and a half to see if something happens (People waiting years for promised features)
  • “Make sure you write a complaint and put it in the restaurant’s feedback box” -Person easily placated (Fill out those ZenDesk tickets)
11 Likes

Going forward, think how nervous folks all be when it says “Updating…” :smiley: :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes