Aloha , any recommended addons for Hawaii ? Mahalo

@BoilingCaesar4 thank you for the heads up on that! I have a qualifying product, but when I put the new one in my basket it showed I still had to pay. I emailed SimMarket for clarification.

@Editer thank you as well! I will grab that and check it out.

Has anyone heard any Hawai’i related flightsim news? On the aircraft side, I haven’t heard anything for a while on the DHC-7 from SIMWORKS/PILOTS - the DHC-8-100/200 from Skyline Simulation has gone “dark” as well.

Last I heard on the Milviz 737-200 /adv is that it is being worked on. I got a reply on their discord when I asked a (month?) ago - they were going to have that “state of the state” update on Twitch a couple of weeks back but had to cancel because of illness I think.

The DC-3 is coming in November for the (40th Anniversary!!!) version of MSFS.

I still have plans to get the Short Brothers 330 in the sim. I mean, Hawaiian had three of them, so …we need it. :slight_smile: Doesn’t hurt that it’s my favorite weird regional airline turboprop. Carenado has one for other sims, and they’ve said to me in the past when I inquired that they plan on bringing their whole product line over…but they wouldn’t tell me when. I have a feeling that my plans might beat theirs. Fingers crossed.

Not sure how many folks out there would love a Sikorsky S-38, but that along with the Bellanca CH-300 Pacemaker were what HAL started with back in 1929 . (First scheduled service was November 11, 1929, from PHNL to PHTO.)

Regarding the Bellanca, HAL found the original aircraft, bought it back, restored it, and they (at least used to) offer flights in it to employees! m]My wife and I got to ride in it with Mark Dunkerly, then CEO, many years ago. It is the first airplane I’ve been in that I can say “has a taste.” LOL! (that taste is oil) - man that thing accelerated QUICK when he ran the throttle up to take off of 4R at PHNL. I had a video of the flight - will have to see if I can dig that up.

In 1935, HAL was the launch customer for the Sikorsky S-43. I didn’t know that!

(don’t worry, Aloha Air fans - I love them too - just gotta get back to work here…)

Hmm. Seems if someone were to get involved in aircraft design they would have quite a few projects already lined up…