[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

WIP 13.11.21 :grinning: :+1:

16 Likes

Love the progress. The details are fantastic. Keep it up Alex and the team!!!

2 Likes

Thank you very much Seweryn! Details are very important! Details create immersion of a real and live cockpit. :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Hi FSG team, I had a question. I know I’m not supposed to mention the “other” Porter but I want to go back to something you said a while back and get some clarification. The other Porter as those of us who own it know requires that nothing be bound to the spoiler axis. Something about the spoiler axis breaking the simulated beta.

I am no expert on Porters, but from what I understand of beta descent, the flat pitch of the prop in the “stop” position creates a natural air brake. My understanding is that the other porter is actually manipulating the spoiler in-sim to cause the slowing, and it’s based on some conditional check (speed and possibly angle) to determine whether or not beta will activate.

Can you confirm that your Porter uses no such tricks and that it is the simulated aerodynamics causing the beta to work? Or is the SDK/core simulation too limited to pull it off without creating what I’ll call “artificial drag” by an invisible spoiler.

Thank you!

6 Likes

Hi LostBoii1103!
I confirm that our Porter uses no such tricks and that it is the simulated propeller’s aerodynamics in work.

You can ask our Beta testers to check this. :grinning: :+1:
Regards,
FSG

8 Likes

That’s awesome! Even more excited for this than I already was.

2 Likes

Thank you LostBoii1103! :+1: :grinning:

2 Likes

I can fully confirm this. Bèta seems better modeled in this PC6!

3 Likes

This is good to hear, since the “other” Porter requires a certain set of conditions to be met and no matter how many times I read the manual and try it, it only goes into beta about half of the time.

1 Like

Any word on when the PC-6 will be available through the MS Market Place?

I’ve got so many payware add-ons that I’ve given up buying them direct, as I can’t keep up with the updates from each maker.

1 Like

Hi phobos8287! We made “beta” dynamics to meet this official requirements and flight procedure:

Beta

2 Likes

Our PC-6 will be at the MS Marketplace. We don’t know exact requirements but we are working on it! :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

When you consider that the whole plane is just a big box of mathematics, does it really make that much of a difference, where you attach the little bit of sofware that slows the plane in BETA. I mean, using a simulated spoiler or a simulated propeller, it’s all just maths with a certain outcome at the end of the day.

How you implement BETA and how the pilot physically achieves it in the sim surely does matter though. Will yours be a different approach?

1 Like

Hi Cliffyboy1962!

To be short - if compare to ALL existing flight simulators, MSFS2020 has more than enough configuration parameters to configure flight and turboprop dynamics. We don’t need to use any tricks to make PC-6 flight dynamics as close to the real as possible. :grinning:

7 Likes

I assume that they brought their P3D Porter to MSFS and changed it so that it works in MSFS. P3D has a terrible turbo prop simulation and you have to use these kind of tricks while MSFS, if understood by the developers, does NOT require that anymore. But if you already have your model built on these work arounds you can’t get rid of them and utilize the new sim or you could just have developed a completely new addon. It has some new features but it also has some old quirks and that’s what comes to the benefit of FSG. A completely original MSFS model that uses the MSFS features can use a proper propeller turbine.

2 Likes

This is exactly the key point of our PC6 development! :+1: :+1: :+1:
We made PC6 using MSFS SDK to FLY in the MSFS Sky! :grinning: :small_airplane:

9 Likes

Actually turboprop logic in MSFS hasn’t change much compared to FSX/P3D. All control variables are almost the same. Also propeller high drag forces in flight with low pitch stop are not simulated, though there is an improvement in that area. Overall, the entire system is a bit better than in the other sims, and it’s ok for a default simulation. But when speaking of study/training level versions, there’s no other option but custom code. Turboprop engines all perform different in real, so it is reasonable that MSFS models a standard version as a base platform and leave developers use custom code to include the specifics.

1 Like

will this have an autopilot? looking at a few of the pics i may have missed it

Yes it has autopilot

2 Likes

Hi Folks! We successfully updated after SU7. Everything fine as usual! :grinning: :+1:

13 Likes