[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

Hi wrfly2805
We didn’t observe such problem. PC6 is able to move Uphill from a Standstill with a 60% Payload at the Lukla airport (9300 ft MSL).

7 Likes

Usually fully loaded PC6 drives like an Army truck! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Great progress with the sounds. Love the Turbine spooling up. The Kodiak has great sounds too.

One sound in particular that I like a lot on the new Kodiak is an ambient sound while the flaps are deployed, particularly noticeable in the higher flap ranges. It is the sound of the extra drag the flaps are creating and it is very cool. I hope it is what is on the real plane and not a synthetic effect or overly exaggerated.

Not sure how it is in the Porter, but if there is a ‘drag sound’ when dirty then hearing it at the appropriate sound level would be very immersive.

1 Like

Thank you very much Sim4good!
Good Sound very important. Regarding flaps ‘drag sound’ we will ask the Real Pilots. Actually Flaps Sound it is a wind/air sound. It is impossible to record “clean flaps sound” in flight, instead devs have to use wind synthetic effect .

2 Likes

Great to see. Can’t wait to buy it from you.

1 Like

Thank you wrfly2805
Our HFFM works perfectly on the ground too. :grinning: :+1:

as i understand sounds in aircrafts like porter kodiak and other helicopters with fixed wings, same for warbirds with overpowered piston engine(s) all sound except engine is metal vibration what you can feel by ■■■ but not hear by ear(i’m not real pilot and hate to flight in real btw lol(bad vestibula))

1 Like

Hi [ ContrivedTea675
To be short, Turboprop Engine Sound with a Free N2/Prop turbine consist of 2 sound layers - Engine Sound and Propeller Sound. Engine sound depends on N1 RPM% and Propeller Sound on a Prop RPM.

5 Likes

yes, but i always was interested, what the hell pilot can hear except engine, sure i mean prop sound include, in birds like spitfire, thunderbolt, mustang, and comparison powered ga, piston or turbo whatever, i stay think even at idle throttle/condition pilot can hear nothing exclude engine/prop. am i right?

1 Like

Oh, yes you are right, engine sound are very loud. Airplane doesn’t have muffler!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

that’s why i think we have to got more accurate sound occultation in modeling, for example gear/flaps up/down all that switchers, when engine on, they are has to disappear, but for sure some specific visualization of vibration would be cool for changing mechanic things position of ac… in game we have good option - headphone simulation, but for activate it we have to go in options, why they do that, mean, why they don’t do that possible in the cockpit?

1 Like

you mean something like this??

2 Likes

not exactly, that is addon, what you have to tune for every single vehicle, but i’m talking about sound engine in the game and about development of aircraft addons… this is just the part of very strange situation, when 3rd guys try to do obviously stuff, what had to be done by default, this about seasons textures/vegetation, photo sceneries(part of shark.io map naked and don’t use even bind map places), and weather addons, but weather has bean improvement patch by patch, so i think it’s ok… but sound, map, seasons, snow covering textures at hills and somewhere at valleys all 365 days that’s all very strange things, same as weapon system taboo, what can prevent to born vrs rhino for msfs, instead they add f/a-18e(that they call by some reason f/a-18e/f) without half of avionic function even for navigation… they improve sky in su7 but clouds stay so far from real, fsx/p3d with their textures clouds give more realistic picture, yes weak shine/shadow system, but as static picture p3d have more realistic sky with rex+hifi addons of course, they call other simulators weather joke, but no, if talking about real sky their pixelated low resolution clouds is real joke, and i afraid until next generation video card, when they will got opportunity to improve it will stay a joke… so no, i’m not about addons… sorry for my english and heavy off topic

2 Likes

WIP 23.12.21
PT6A-34 Original Sounds recorded in PC-6 (WWISE project) :smiley: :+1:

P.S. This is First layer - only the engine sound. Second layer will be Propeller RPM and Third layer Prop Reverse, Prop “taxi” Beta and Prop “dive” Beta.

9 Likes

I keep my fingers crossed for you guys as always. It is amazing that you do everything in-house learning new software. Many developers just outsource wwise to professional sound studios. I hope you can achieve good results without thousands of hours in sound engineering/mixing that those studios have.

2 Likes

Hi Seweryn! WWISE another modern game developing tool. This is very friendly and extremely powerful software specifically designed for game sound animation!!!

2 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

4 Likes

Indeed (as a GA pilot myself) I can tell the engine sound is way louder than anything else, even in a Cessna for instance. But something one needs to understand when it comes to simulation is the physical effect of sounds on the body. For instance, flying a 6-cylinder C170, you feel in your body the low frequencies of the engine. Even with lighter-powered aircraft, low frequency sounds are important. Not overwhelming in your ears (you have to wear headphones anyway) but going through your bones.
And it’s the same for switches and levers and handles. You have a physical feeling which is partly sound going through you.
A bit like the sound design done for Gravity (the movie).
This is why I believe even if you do not hear switches when the engine is running, having a “muffled” sound for each of them helps the gut-feeling part of the simulation.
My two cents.

5 Likes

This year was very bright and interesting. We wish all of you all the Best! Merry Christmas! :santa: :christmas_tree:

FSG

13 Likes

Merry Christmas Alex and FSG team!!!

2 Likes