[ANNOUNCEMENT] Heatblur and IndiaFoxtEcho announce F-14A and B for MSFS 2020

I was hoping this would happen. DCS birds are some of the most detailed models on the planet. Especially Heatblur’s aircraft. I know we can’t use them as designed in 2020, but it sure would be nice to have highly detailed models to cruise around in in 2020.

We’ve seen Dino take his MB-339 from DCS, to MSFS 2020, and then back to DCS, which is awesome. Now it looks like Heatblur is partnering with him to bring their venerable F-14 series to 2020. Heck yeah.

I’ve often thought of reaching out to Wags over at Eagle Dynamics to plant the seed of porting their aircraft models over to 2020. He’s leaving a boatload of cash on the table by not recognizing the benefits of doing so IMO. It would be a huge revenue stream for third-party DCS developers to do so as well, while simultaneously introducing the masses to DCS itself. A win-win for everyone. I think Heatblur sees this and is taking the opportunity. Simply Awesome! Maybe, if things go well, we’ll see their F-4E make the migration too.

19 Likes

Yeah, this is pretty darn cool. I bought their F-14 in DCS. Looking forward to flying it in MSFS2020.

2 Likes

Finaly a high quality fighter jet.

6 Likes

I have been playing with it in DCS from day one. It is fantastic and I believe it will be even more incredible with the MSFS texture tech. But at the end, I am not fan of warplanes in MSFS

2 Likes

This is a fantastic news! I own DCS F-14 and it really gives you goosebumps. Of course the porting to MSFS of this kind of birds is a big revenue trick as far as the dev doesn’t spend a huge amount of work hours in the conversion even if FS market size could justify them. The purpose of having systems detailed warbirds in a non combat environment cannot be different from that. As for multiplayer and formation flight capabilities, MSFS is pretty good but DCS is light years ahead imo. If only DCS had the photographic scenery of MSFS…

4 Likes

Great news. The DCS F14 is a legend in its own right.

Hope it is as high fidelity and as challenging as the MS SDK will permit.

Obviously there will be no weapon modelling as in DCS so it won’t be anything like as complex but this is not a problem to me in FS 2020 providing the flight model and systems are modelled to a similar level.

Looking forward to following this one.

3 Likes

I’m sure these will be the best military jets in the sim, very professional developer unlike some.

5 Likes

As an xbox player with no access to dcs this is great news

2 Likes

I’m hoping there will be a way to port over all of the DCS skins as well. A batch converter of some sort or perhaps an automated action in photoshop would suffice, provided Heatblur doesn’t change the model at all for MSFS 2020 of course. Fingers crossed on that one because there are a ton of super detailed skins for this bird already in DCS.

1 Like

Especially the desert camo with the “Italian” looking roundels…
Alot better than that current “of the production line” commercial blue…:face_vomiting:

1 Like

Nice to see a MSFS military jet with great 3D modelling & detail. IFE & Just Flight seem to be the only one’s to do so.

This looks amazing. I’ve had a lot of fun with the DC Designs Tomcat but this will be great for those wanting more systems depth.

…will be an instant buy for me :+1:

1 Like

Great developers, I wil buy also!

Definitely looking forward to this.

Bye bye DC designs

7 Likes

Well, I have F-14 in DCS and it is great I don’t understand people here excited when you will not have weapon active in MSFS.
Maybe if a DCS user I get a discount I will consider buying it again (not for 80$).
Cheers

1 Like

Marketplace will not allow weapons, 3rd party sellers will have weapon visibility enabled…… obviously we’re not going to be about to cause mischief with them such as shooting down dodgy name tag simmers

I have the F14 in DCS too and it is a great product for sure.

It could be good too in FS2020 despite the lack of weaponary as long as the flight model and the systems are modelled to the same standard. Whether this is likely or not I don’t know but if this happens then I would likely buy it to fly this great ac in the fantastic world which is MSFS 2020. Certainly I wouldn’t pay $80 but there again we don’t know what the price will be yet. Time will tell.

1 Like

How often do you think military pilots actually use weapons?

5 Likes