[Announcement] Vessels: Global Shipping | Seafront Simulations

Still the same…

And the last one is taken at LFMN

Same for me too, Of all the ships I saw yesterday, I think about 2 out of 8 had wakes. Most weren’t moving, but a couple were moving with no wakes.

1 Like

Wakes are enabled once the ship gets to either 2 or 5 knots. I’m interested in whether the ones without wakes were ships that had already travelled a good distance or were just setting off.

Thanks Phil, was this by using Orbx to reinstall into the ‘Simulator’ instead of ‘Library’ folder (Orbx adds shortcuts into the Community folder if Library is chosen)? Are you able to verify that MSFS can see it in the content manager?

This looks very much like Enhanced AI hasn’t installed properly as they aren’t our models but the default ones. It’s not very common but I’m asking Orbx to take a look at the installer.

1 Like

Installed directly to the community folder with Orbx Central. Community folder empty, no extra mod, libraries or whatever except the “vessel” folders. :wink:

Hi Phil,

Please can you contact me via contactus@seafrontsims.com and we’ll try to diagnose with Orbx too.

1 Like

Email sended.

Thanks.

Hi Phil,
I have forward to Orbx along with a link back here to your examples. To help please can you confirm you can see it listed in Content Manager and content.xml?

EDIT: Enhanced AI shouldn’t show in Content.xml

Thanks
Chris

Sorry, i´m not sure to understand your request :wink:

“In the content manager” .In the game?

And the “content.xml” …Where can i find the xml file?

Thanks.

Your content.xml will be located somewhere like this

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

I don’t have the Global addon just the enhanced AI so the line entry in my content.xml is

Package name=“seafront-sightseeing-vessels-core” active=“true”/

If there is no entry in your Content.xml then the simulator is not seeing the files to load them.

1 Like

Thanks CromUK.

EDIT: Enhanced AI should not show in content.xml

Also there’s the Steam Install

Sim from Marketplace:
%localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Sim from Steam:
%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator

Enhanced AI is actually seafront-livingworld-vessels-ai

I think you must have the Vessels Core Library installed for our other sceneries (St Martin or the Channel Islands)?

well that’s interesting…

I can see the Enhanced AI because I flew over a catamaran earlier but I can only see two Seafront entries in my content.xml

Package name=“seafront-sightseeing-vessels-channelislands” active=“true”/

I don’t have a “seafront-livingworld-vessels-ai” entry in my Content.xml

That IS interesting. Where was the catamaran?

And also can you check the content.xml path I provided? It’s a different location to the one you posted (i.e. roaming Vs local profiles).

EDIT: Enhanced AI shouldn’t show in content.xml as it’s just for packages with static scenery elements.

Is this one of your vessels?

Off the coast of North Wales, Anglesey behind me, Conway ahead

This looks like one from here

Well I’ve just used Orbx Central to uninstall the Enhanced AI. Deleted my Content.XML. Reinstalled via Orbx Central. I can see the folder called

Seafront-livingworld-vessels-ai

In my Community folder but on restarting the sim and it creating a new content.xml there is no “seafront-livingworld-vessels-ai” entry in my Content.xml

And yet a flight over New York shows these were are i believe your models?

Don’t know if it helps, but I got interested in your conversation and checked my content.xml.
I have Enhanced AI, Sightseeing Vessels Core, Channel Islands and Global Shipping installed,
but only see:

Package name=“seafront-sightseeing-vessels-channelislands” active=“true”/
Package name=“seafront-livingworld-vessels-globalshipping” active=“true”/

I also checked my community folder (not in-game). All 4 add-ons are installed there.

Yes those are ours except the very last one which is a default static (non-ai) model. Strange that it isn’t being added to content.xml but still working.

Thanks ITDreamFly. This helps too. I’ll do some more digging.