ANY HAPPY - Logitech Flight Yoke System - USERS?

I’ve had this system for a few weeks and I’m happy with it.

I followed the installation procedure and everything was ready in 2 minutes.

I know it’s entry level but it’s a real pleasure compared to my old joystick.

I use Huddison’s tips on YouTube for the Logitech Flight Yoke System.

And here is my humble setup

See you soon

Yes. I bought the Logitech X56 a couple months ago and it works great. I have it mounted on a base stand because the throttle has a lot of friction. I made an earlier post about it not working right but it was me who was not working right. heh Now it works fine.

I cannot even render an opinion since I have not been able to find a 64 bit installation program for the drivers. Six weeks have passed with Logitech and I still have not found a way to install the drivers. The 64 bit driver installation program for Windows 10 in the website does not work. I have tried everything to convey the problem with no results, except for the one that they don’t believe me and asked me to send them a video of the installation! Does anybody out there have a working 64 bit Logitech Flight Yoke System installation program?

Is this any good?

They can sell such a faulty (& flawed) product because of…

Brand recognition.
Distribution channels.
Buying out their competitors.

Most of which are the same reasons that Thrustmaster get away with selling flawed designs with poor design and component choices also.

There has been a lot of stagnation over the years. Two mainstream brands dominated a very small market. They didn’t really need to produce quality products.

But things have started to change.
Smaller boutique companies have entered the market and started to upscale their businesses.
Honeycomb, Virpil, VKB, WinWing are all making quality products that are better engineered and use better components and once you factor in the “it broke and I had to replace it” the total cost of ownership of these boutique products is far better. Metal gimbals and contactless sensors throughout. Stuff that is engineered to last and can be maintained and repaired rather than thrown away.

In addition to that the growth in self design/self build peripherals that has been unleashed by affordable 3dPrinters and off the shelf controllers/sensors (see stores like LeoBodnar) has really opened things up.

With the boutique stores and self build capability really expanding we have actually sort of entered a “New golden age” of peripherals. Which is definitely worth celebrating.

None of the above will stop the likes of Logitech or Thrustmaster continuing to push their tired old plastic junk. After all, as long as games like MSFS2020 continue to partner with them and lazy games journalists continue to list them in their “best buy” features and as long as distribution channels keep funneling them into the big electronics goods stores as if they were the only 2 brands in the world then they will keep selling.
(and all the reasons above are also why they won’t ever need to change components, revisit their designs or address quality control.)

1 Like

Hi Chakotay (ha ha ha… i´m treekie too!).
The Logitech yoke (originally Saitek that was acquired by them) comes with a program that can be used to calibrate it, but it is completely unnecessary in Windows 10. The Yoke is automatically detected, and if you still wanted to “calibrate” it (something that was done with the controls a loooong time ago) you always have the game control panel (or type JOY.CPL in the command prompt to make it appear if you can’t find it) where you can see its status: operation of all axes and buttons) .
The only item that is not working properly in Flight Simulator 2020 (at least for me and this sim, as with X-Plane it works fine) is the MODE rotary control. The rest works perfectly without any additional software.
A big greeting from the South of Argentina !.

I agree with you, I have opened the Saitek several times and the components are of low quality, an extremely weak plastic on many sides. Even most of us users have made modifications to make it a little more realistic. In my case, I have changed the springs of the pitch axis because the force was almost zero in the center and extreme beyond the middle of travel. I have seen many users make changes with elastic bands of all kinds.
The Honeycomb isn’t great either. Where I live (Argentina) except for Saitek there is nothing else (besides offers from the old CH Products). I have seen “Yoko The Yoke” inside, one that seems to me the best and much more robust although aesthetically it does not look too pretty. The turning angle is the same as in Saitek.
Better than all these is a DIY project that has force feedback. As we know, the physics of the feel of an airplane yoke has to do with the force that air exerts on the control surfaces and is not at all similar to a series of springs.
Here is the link in case you are interested in seeing its interior and how it works
Greetings from the South of Argentina!

1 Like

Design and build yourself is becoming very much a reality…

Thanks for your opinion. Based on your advice, I’m going to order one. There is quite some negative sentiment on the quality compared to way more expensive alternatives, but I’m simply not willing to spend hundreds of euro’s on a better system (like Honeycomb).

Edit: I ordered one and sent it back. It is really plastic and sounds and feels very cheap for me as well. And I underestimated the size of it :wink: also, the limited rotation of +/- 45 degrees felt really limited. I can for sure imagine people liking the product, so these are just some personal remarks from my side.

Can anyone also help me get this profile too ?

It is true, it is a medium to low quality plastic, but within what is in the economic line it is the most accessible. The internal system almost all users have modified it because it is quite bad. However, that was not an impediment so that when the FS2020 came out they increased its price quite a bit. There are much better options but frankly very expensive - unless you are a real pilot and have enough money. I hope you found what you wanted. Greetings from the South of Argentina!