Any Solution to A320 AP Bug Yet?

I’m not really concerned about the wobbling, I want to be able to fly a straight flight to my destination without some absurd death turn.

Honestly airports shouldn’t have anything to do with the AP not working correctly or not following the FP. Also, I’m not about to go start figuring out which airports are good and which ones are bad, they should all work normally and shouldn’t even be an issue.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know. I never had the “AP is trying to kill you” thing though. It just didn’t do anything right.

I wonder if this is a complete other issue (like controllers/deadzones or so).

Well, I shouldn’t say “kill me” (although others have reported death spirals), I was just referring to the A320 banking hard left or right when the AP is engaged. Even though the AP still did some wonky things before the update, at least it flew straight and followed the FP route like it’s supposed to.

As for the dead zone problem, not the case here. I’ve already tried increasing my dead zones twice and no results. Yes, it worked a few patches ago for a similar bug, but by this time unfortunately. It seems this is something totally different.

Guys, this is really ridicullours that QA team even don’t bother to check it before the release. After new patch the AP is not following the plan. Even restarting the game or removing the A32NX and so on don’t really help. Maximum that i reached that aircraft finally took off normally and started to follow the plan but also with wrong vertical speed and some offset from the LNAV plan. And then AP brought me to crash.
Asobo fix one thing and destroy another. It happens as by myself Software Engineer on Java and work for hi-tech company we release sometimes the drop with issues but main functionality should be tested with proper QA team ( if they have at all)

ASOBO, your next update should be released immediately and not to wait for this two weeks or more.

6 Likes

How come I can’t find a single YouTube video showing this bug since the update? You’d think there would be a ton of videos on there about this. I keep searching, but haven’t found anything.

nteresting.

By turning off the Elac1, Sec1and Fac1 on the left upper side of the overhead panel, before T/O starting on the runway engines running, flying KPWM to KBOS, one of my frequent test routes, the FD and the AP flew very nicely, following the magenta line with a slight offset to the right, less than 1 mile.

I turned the Elac1, Sec1and Fac1 on again once AP was following the FP and it kept flying fine.

I am on the 2020-11-26T02:30:05+00:00 Dev build from last night, the same one that was not working at all for me yesterday.

On the ILS there was a slight offset to the right as well, but only by one “dot”. I hand flew the last 2500’ using the LS display, the FD was off to the right but the diamonds were right on.

This is nice but a bit strange. I will do another test flight a bit later. The sim is running great and I like the WX meter and ATIS you can get o the MCDU, this and current WX is working fine this morning here in New England at least.

Sim on and be safe. I will post more results later.

same for me
banking left right after FL150

if you fly from the runway it also wokrs for me with some offset 2-3 miles right from magenta line. But with SID and STAR procedures - NO.

You said you started from the runway? Could you try possibly starting cold and dark from the gate, turn on the switches, and then see if it still has issues?

before this update a320 flybywire worked perfect for me,since update approach at lfmn (nice} is way off centre line before it was spot on in the middle i do hope we get this fixed

you mean from COLD&DARK but without adding SID and STAR?

No add both the SID and STAR, turn on the switches before takeoff, but start cold and dark from the gate, not on the runway.

I am running the A32NX since a couple of days ago. It is in pretty good shape. Arrival Vnav works most of the time. Sometimes it wants a little supervision and motivation, but then it follows the waypoints down until the localizer can be received. It is a fun experience. I appreciate the work that went into it.

One thing, at the top of descent, I have to set the altitude display numbers down to 2K feet above runway level for the best chance that arrival vnav will start working.

Arrival speed control is done through me putting out flaps in stages. The computer then resets the speed.

did you try and it worked for you?

Easyjetpilot tried to do a live stream on YouTube, twice but the first one was on vatsim, he engaged the autopilot, bank of death and he disengaged and returned to the airport. He’s in the process now of redoing that flight. Also, 757 spy on twitch has been struggling for a few days. Now mind you they both use the FBW but it doesn’t matter, its the same problem.

1 Like

Basically, I’d say this is because Microsoft bought A LOT of goodwill when they paid for all the prominent content creators to go to Seattle and try out FS2020 ahead of the alpha launch. And this isn’t meant as a criticism of them, I’d probably feel the same if I were in their position and treated with that kinda respect. It’s also not very compelling content to post about everything that’s broken. At some point though, the lack of new content is going to start to hurt and right now, it’s not possible to create good content (outside of GA site-seeing perhaps) around MSFS. Most of the people that were trying are back flying X-Plane regularly instead.

1 Like

When will we have a hotfix?

1 Like

On Bish’s stream just now someone involved with the A320 mod said in the chat that Asobo only have one dev working on AP. No idea if that’s true but it would explain a few things.

Is everybody having this problem when programming the MCDU? Are people having the same same problem when planning a flight from the World Map screen?