Any Solution to A320 AP Bug Yet?

Never… Asobo doesn’t care about this stuff, because they sold all the copies expected at release and they attract new customers that aren’t interested in flying the planes with realistic normal procedures by releasing World Updates with amazing scenery (we can’t deny this game is the best looking flight simulator):man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2: By now I just gave up and accepted the truth :man_shrugging:t2::joy: We’ll just have to wait for FBW to solve this or for the next update

1 Like

“Is everybody having this problem when programming the MCDU? Are people having the same same problem when planning a flight from the World Map screen?”

Well I have just tried it and I think the answer is that the AP is utterly buggered. They’ve reached for something else and knocked it off the table without realising. I hope they realise soon because I am not much interested in GA at the moment having learned so much about the commercial stuff, MCDUs, OFPs and the like that is what I want to ‘master’ at this stage. But I can’t.

I flew the generic high altitude ifr plan generated in the game and the descent VNAV worked fine.

VNAV??
I have never seen the VNAV work since day one.
Then again, I don’t think I’ve even tried it since August.

Is it actually working? What plane?

Solution for me: As I mentioned, I decided to reinstall the game, emptying the Community folder, use uninstall from Xbox since despite having a PC, I have it rented. Install everything again, downloaded the latest development version of Flybywire and added the liveries. Flight plan where before just taking off and at 3000 I put the AP and tilt to the right to the ground, KATL-KMCI using FS2Crew as addons. Very smooth takeoff and over 3500 feet already with clean configuration connect the AP. Oh wonder it followed the course and without problem, that if in the 10mn range the plane goes parallel to the course approx. 1mn but that doesn’t matter to me. Between 15,000-18,000 feets, the plane began to rock annoyingly, I tried to disable Sec2 on the right side and then turned it back on and the annoying rocking disappeared. I’ve done only one flight, but at least it’s hopeful. I hope it helps you despite how annoying reinstalling, but to tell the truth I’m already used to this game. a greeting

volume_up

content_copy

I plan my flights with an external tool and then load the flightplan into MSFS via world map. I’m to lazy to type the plan into the MCDU all the time. I do program all the rest into the MCDU (init a and b, etc.). Having the issues anyway. So that’s also not the cause…

Seeing lots of live streamers struggling with this as well. I’ll promise you this: I’ll not be purchasing any third party aircraft (I.e, Aerosoft CRJ) until Microsoft gets all of this sorted. We’re getting a real life example of why PMDG delayed the release of its 737 for over a year. I wouldn’t put my name on a product and risk this simulator ruining my reputation either.

1 Like

What can I say ? Servers down , autopilots not working on the a320 and other aircraft, climb issues, keyboard bindings , etc… This is truly unacceptable for the money we paid . Very disappointed here . Not even a statement from the team come on Asobo get it together. We’re talking about the simplest of systems not working , heck can’t even get in the system as is because of server issues . What a mess . Hotfix this and address the users at least .

5 Likes

The A32NX community mod of the airbus has arrival Vnav that I have gotten to work 3 out of 4 times on flights around California. Find it on GitHub. There is a thread in this system where people who are working on it discuss it.

I’m not sure I will resist not buying any plane :sweat_smile:, but I can see that in more than 3 month we saw a bunch of scenery, but very few aircrafts.
Could it mean that 3rd party developpers are waiting on the fence for a more stable sim?

Why we should rely always on A32NX mod? This mod is something additional to the game. First of all that main functionality(very main functionality) of this game should be working. We are users from over the world paid a ton of money and still this sim is running like some prototype car. It’s 4 monthes passed from release and Asobo got the best QA team from the world (that we are) . It should be running like ferrari. We discovered many issues. Wait with patience for each new release, but their attitude to fact that even not to test main funcionality before release, it’s just like they don’t care about us…VERY DISSAPOINTING!!

3 Likes

Looking at it from the developers point of view I wouldn’t want to release a product and have hordes of angry customers because of some issue with the core sim causing it not to work. Heck, PMDG delayed the release of their 737 for over a year because of issues with the simulator. It’s beautiful visually but a hot mess underneath it all. Basically a Ferrari with a Volkswagen engine.

We need fix ASAP, Asobo! Topic UP UP UP!

I wanted to buy today airport, but why to buy, when I cannot fly?!

3 Likes

Shame for big companies like asobo and microsoft, I paid more than 100€ for this game, now I’m back on P3d.

1 Like

@JackMartin7440 @Zbi96

Yes, as also stated in related threads. The A320neo AP is completely broken when starting from Cold&Dark, the FD points into a deathspiral and the AP follows it. No matter what apparent workaround and no matter with or without the FBW mod (and FBW guys are so far unable to fix it - it is so screwed up).

I can’t take this aircraft anymore to Vatsim and that is an aircraft which at least the AP worked and with FBW was getting better every day.

Shame on you Asobo, not testing a bit the stuff you release and arrogantly ignore the people you paid for it, which then spent hours trying to fix your mess or find workarounds and even then find the time to submit Zendesk tickets, where it gets mostly ignored or botched up even more.

9 Likes

So I just tried two separate flights with the default A320. I turned off the FLT/CTL switches in the top left of the overhead panel and the AP seemed to follow the route and FP. I will try some more flights though to really make sure that it continues to work. However, there comes a bit of a cost with turning these switches off. I found that even though my sensitivities are set to 50% and dead zones of 15%, turning off the FLT/CTL switches makes the controls feel very funky when flying manually. The controls feel very touchy and overly responsive. The slightest movement of my joystick made the aircraft nose porpoise like a dolphin. I would possibly suggest turning off the switches as soon as you want to engage AP and leave them on for takeoff and landing or else your landings will probably suffer.

Curious, has this method helped anyone else with the A320 AP bug since the update?

BTW, my flights were KMWH-KBFI (a short test flight) and then KSFO-KDEN, the actual flight I’ve been trying since the update (and it flew straight). I didn’t actually complete both flights, I just let them fly for a little while to see if they flew straight or still banked. Also, both flights (per usual) were started cold and dark from the gate, not on the runway.

1 Like

ya they rly should fix it asapppppp likeeee a lottt of ppl count on these planesss

Did that. Did some 30 to 40 Cold starts with all alleged workarounds in the past two days. None help.

You have to try a Cold start to really find the bug. Spawning on the runway works, that is the AP doesn’t kill you but does not really do as good of job of following the FP as previously.

I only turn off SEC 2 (right hand side). That helps. And yes, you should turn all CTLs on at approach, since you don’t have FBW if you don’t.