Anyone else hyped for the return of missions?

Yes it’s a sim and there’s no “winning” since 99% of the time we’re making our own adventures, but having preset missions you can just hop into for a curated challenge is something that has been sorely missed and what I’m most looking forward to in the 40th Anniversary Edition.

It’s also a brilliant way to expand the user base. With MSFS being on Gamepass, there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of people who may be flying virtually for the first time. I can see missions being a huge draw and something that helps create new pilots and hopefully expand their interest in the sim and aviation in general.

Yes there are the landing challenges and scenic flights, but these are short. Bush Trips are great but lack variety.

Who else is excited?! What missions do you want to see make a return to MSFS?

List of missions from FSX for anyone curious:

3 Likes

I’m slightly sceptical because the developers have an unfortunate habit of either implementing this sort of stuff badly or in a state where it’s completely unusable.

If the latter part of the above seems slightly hyperbolic, it’s over two years since release and bush trips are completely broken if you try to resume them.

My hype is therefore tempered.

4 Likes

Guess they wont be back cause of liscensing, but would love to have the redbull events back.

My PC sucked back then, and it was not fun/ hard to do because of low FPS

1 Like

I’m very happy to be getting 20 (what i assume are remade FSX) missions which i loved. Though i do hope it’s just the start as they could do so many more.

1 Like

Moved to #self-service:online-services-activities

I can understand why people would want this, for myself, I just make up my own storyline / missions and fly them.

YESSSSS!!! Been wanting to make another Cargo Run since FSX. :heart:

1 Like

I hope to see the civil air patrol mission make a return!

2 Likes

The main thing I would like is for Asobo to expose some useful functionality in the SDK so that third parties can go to town and make some interesting and varied content.

If that’s possible, no doubt there will be all sorts come out given time from simple single mission packs to a full career mode. The sky is the limit (pun not initially intended, but then I realised whilst typing, so pun totally intended :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I crashed SO many times trying to find that lost explorer! :joy:

I don’t think I played that one! Is it some kind of search and rescue?

My PC was pretty bad at the time FSX was released (on Xbox now) so I regret not being able to play those missions in full. The Area 51 missions in particular would have been so much fun but my PC was struggling even on the low settings. I hope they’re including in the 20 new missions we’ll be getting.

yeah sadly we never have done that crazy landing thing irl. would be cool.

yeah its search and rescue. very cool stuff.

1 Like

Yes, sure, and I would be even more hyped when this would happen:

Everybody who is interested knows what to do :yum:

2 Likes

To get to Fly the old missions again … in This Game You Bet im IN :smiley:

i have fond memories for the old missions, but really loved some of the 3rd party ones
i still remember the name of my favorite Robinson Crusoe, great fun

2 Likes

Yep, it was a search and rescue in some snowy mountain range. I got close a couple times but couldn’t figure it out. :man_facepalming:

To this day, my favorite non-GA airplane is the DC-3, solely as a result of flying the African Cargo Run (or something along those lines). I remember that cockpit being immense and cozy at once. It was the first simulated plane that felt “alive” to me.

Memories! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

YES this uncovered a forgotten memory lol

Africa is so beautiful I hope it gets a WU soon (next?)

1 Like

I’ve always had a romantic idea of the life of an African bush pilot…
Navigating out of a little grass strip cut out of the jungle, along a dark and winding river, 100 degrees at 7am, (over)loaded down with supplies for the locals, dead reckoning or using a crusty old map to find the only other sliver of “runway” hidden in the canopy for a thousand square miles!!

And for whatever reason I have a red handkerchief around my neck. :man_shrugging:t3:

:rofl:

1 Like

I think we just became friends. There is something romantic about Africa that’s hard explain.

“The Constant Gardener” captures this feeling better than any other film/media I’ve seen.