Invite Rod Machado to Remake The Flight School Training For MSFS2020

The training school of the sim is so limited and boring. The flight school by Rod Machado in FSX is such a good tool to start your quest to learn to fly. Rod is a great instructor, his books are amazing, his aviation knowledge is superb and hes such an amusing person. I think it would be a nice touch to the sim, and will make the new simers so much better virtual pilots.

Take care.

Absolutly YES!!!

5 Likes

Oh yes, the unchallenged master of dad jokes before that term did even exist! :smiley:

7 Likes

Completely agree!! I’ve been reading through his Private Pilot Handbook while studying for my PPL and his writing is so good! He makes the information so accessible and entertaining.

6 Likes

Twenty years ago Rod brought me from bumbling idiot to a half way decent virtual private pilot. Teaching much more than flying the circuit.

Now there is YouTube. But FSX SE might be worth it for anyone, especially if you catch a sale, just for the flight school.

5 Likes

Also Agree 100%. Provides deep theoretical knowledge too. I am doing the lessons in FSX at the moment to learn. But please without the bugs in the lessons !

5 Likes

Please do this !

5 Likes

Why aren’t there many upvotes to this. I miss the training school dearly.

5 Likes

I’m working on bringing IFR training missions to MSFS right now.

It’s nearing completion and will cover NDB, VOR, ILS, Compass Turns, Partial Panel, analog+glass cockpits, SIDs and more. It’ll mirror a real Instrument Rating and culminate in a full checkride.

Will post about it on the forums when it’s ready!

2 Likes

If possible bring ist to the offical marketplace in the fs2020 App that all People can find it.

2 Likes

Absolutely.
Asobo said it’ll be “Early 2021” for Missions in the Marketplace, but it’ll be available on all the major stores before then

1 Like

The most valuable resource that some of the serious simmers cherished was the ROD’s training school. It helped learning a lot of things for people like me who have nothing to do with aircrafts in real life but enjoy simulation.
One of the main function of a simulator is to do everything as per SOP and FSX was grrreeeaaattt in providing training for those SOP.

I am willing to pay another 30 dollars or so for a detailed training plan just like FSX but in better environment of FS2020. I just wonder, if everybody else is willing to pay?

4 Likes

His flight lessons in previous versions of Flight Simulator were an excellent resource. The current flight training suite pales in comparison, even to the tutorial lessons in Flight Simulator X. Would love to have Rod back along with King Schools as well.

6 Likes

Yes we need Rod :blush:

3 Likes

Hi all, I said I was working on IFR training missions…They’re ready!

IFR training mission pack is now available:

Instrument flight training missions return, better than ever, with FS Academy - IFR for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

IFR is an all-new, study-level package to take your skills to the next level.

Produced by a real airline captain , IFR gives you the knowledge and skills to fly like the professionals to get you home on those dark and rainy nights.

​Accompanied by a comprehensive ground school , begin with the basics of IFR flight before moving through the course and taking your virtual Instrument Rating check ride.​

3 Likes

I just wished it was upvoted faster and we got it like in UPDATE 9 or something.

3 Likes

I upvoted this. Couldn’t mash the button fast enough.

Unfortunately, the quality of the current Training Missions gives me little hope that an upgraded version that even came close to Rod’s is possible (or economical). They couldn’t even get a real CFI to represent the virtual instructor, just a voice actor (Marie Westbrook).

While decidedly old-school in terms of learning style flexibility, the written background material behind each flight lesson tier (Student Pilot/Private Pilot/Instrument) were really the gems in FSX Learning Center. It punished those who just jumped into the lesson without doing the homework. I’d be more than okay with an updated version of the same, but those who grew up on nothing but CBT will find it onerous.

5 Likes

Hi,

FS Academy - IFR is getting great feedback as being just what you’re looking for.

"Miss some of Rod Machado’s training lessons in FSX? This is for you!" - MSFSAddons

1 Like

This 12 flight lesson seem to be good, but that flight program was AMMMAAZZZINNNGG and it really needs to be done whether addons are available or not. Hopefully, Microsoft and Asobo will notice and provide one. I sort of thought while buying that it would definitely have one coz thats what mattered to the simmers community not the game.

4 Likes

I’ll literally cry tears of joy if Microsoft and Asobo can make this happen. All they need to do is give Rod Machado a call or email. Although I understand there are bigger fishes for them to fry at the moment.

6 Likes