Anyone else still only 2020

Only started simming a year ago with 2020. I’m very happy with it so far. After reading the posts about 2024 bugs. And only flying the PMDG 737. With a full flightdeck. I’ll stay where I’m at. But eventually moving to Prosim 737.

I have plenty of VRAM (24 GB) and plenty of everything else (14900k, 64GB RAM)… But until VR is fixed, I’m waiting on the sidelines. Oh and until PMDG aircraft work in 2024, as well. I use everything - GA (414, BS TBM, Kodiak, etc) and airliners (Fenix, PMDG), but if I can’t use the PMDG when I want, then nah - another reason for me to wait. But VR needs to be as good as (or hopefully better than?) 2020 for me to jump. Heck, by that point, I’ll probably have swapped out the 4090 for a 5090 :rofl:

I dabbled in 2024 for a bit, but the career grind got old real fast, especially when the bugs hit that cause lost progress. Most of my flying is done through my virtual airline, the lack of PMDG support and instability overall has pushed me back over to 2020 full time. Hoping by summer they have worked more of these serious kinks out, but time will tell.

I’ve been staying in 2020, I found that the LOD bug and the blurry ground textures were simply ruining the immersion for me in '24. I did have a few sessions that were outstanding, flying the Joby around Tokyo was mostly good. I’m not super eager to have to reconfigure all my controller bindings, and frankly it’s just nice to settle in for a good sim session, load in a nice reliable plane like the TBM-850 or C152, and have everything dialed in where I like it. Once the LOD and blurry textures are solved I’ll be back, I really think the visuals in 2024 have been improved, and I would like to try the career feature (haven’t even touched it after all the negative reports). I believe in what Asobo is doing, facilitating my life-long flight simulation addiction. I don’t mind waiting until things are fixed as long as 2020 is there for me.

No PMDG in 2024, means only 2020 for me.
Not to mention the other 300 million issues of 2024.
I’ll reconsider after around 5+ big updates.

MSFS2020 installed. Stable.

Remove recentely MSFS2024 out of my system as Xbox App for PC don’t allow both sim’s installed in the same disk. D:\ in my case

I refuse to install MSFS2024 in my disk C:\ where i have only system files.
But we can intsall community folder in disk D:\ . Not good , I’ve tryed.

Also half of my payware addons, sceneries and airports aren’t available for MSFS2024.

For AI Traffic MSFS2020 is better for now.

Good post. I’ve been saying that all along as well. If all the payroll and resources and man hours went into the Sim aspect instead of the game aspect it probably would have been released in a much better state. There are a zillion games out there already. Couldn’t we not have another one and just have a real Sim? I’m loving 2020 and until I see the majority of posts being positive about 24 I’m not interested in it.
However, that being said, I totally understand the reality of the situation, which is that in order to pay all the brilliant people that worked on this software they needed to be sure they could make as much money as possible, and including the gaming community and all the Xbox users was a wise Financial Choice. Unfortunately for simmers.

Bought it, but VR is so buggy I don’t use it. Just 2020

Agreed.

If i buy something else in the future will be in cdkey for Steam.

Xbox is Xbox…

Some updates are based on numbers of issues reported by users, so we buy a product and then we work for it ?

Brilliant, isn’t it ?

Anyway, This is a great sim but launched very soon.

As I do all my flying now in VR I’m staying in 2020 for a good while yet. I have 2024 installed and only dabbled in free flight now and again out of curiosity and that’s been about it.

2020 for me along with all my add ons of airfields and aircraft is just where I want it to be at the moment especially with all the tinkering and learning curve of getting my quest 3 setup and dialling in settings to get a decent performance and visuals.

I’m just not ready to go over the same thing again for 2024 as from what I’ve dabbled in at the moment to my eyes 2020 still looks great :+1:

The steam numbers show more players on FS2020 - that doesn’t necessarily mean those players don’t own both sims, but it definitely shows a continued reluctance to move over to the new sim fully. https://steamdb.info/charts/?compare=1250410,2537590

Once again, show me the poll for the worst new release of FLIGHT SIM so I can vote it as the Number 1 worst !!! 2024 sucks big time!!!

Purely from a disappointment perspective, nothing will ever beat Microsoft Flight. Nothing.

:nauseated_face:

Ya, me too…2024 for me is frustratingly unplayable. Back to 2020 I go. Why would they change all the keyboard commands etc from plane to plane…hard enough to memorize what’s what in the first place let alone change it again and again!

I have been flying mostly in 2020 but today I flew about 3 flights in the 2024 beta and I quite enjoyed it. Flew the Ch-47 Chinook, Cowan B206b and the default Asobo TBM 930. No crashes and very smooth performance. I am going to fly some more - maybe try the A330-200. Flying in VR too! Getting excited.

I moved to MSFS 20 from many years with FSX/P3D, MSFS20 still new to me, still learning new things.

I haven’t upgraded and I’m very much in wait-and-see mode. But I’ll need a new rig to run FS2024 so I need to be convinced that everything I have working (rather well I might add) in MSFS2020 will work as well or better before I switch. I hope that day comes before they start to pull the plug on MSFS2020 support.

But I don’t feel overlooked… yet.

I got heavily into FS2024 right after launch, and completed all the available certifications, and I used Career Mode with all it’s faults, for a while. But now for some reason they now don’t offer missions that I am already qualified for and the few interesting ones they do present, bring up a message that I need some certification that I already have.
So many little annoying bugs, confusing user interface and outright omission of capabilities that were always in FS2020.
The low frame rate kills my “gaming laptop” but all is just fine in FS2020, so I will probably only go back to 2024 once in a while to see if anything got better.

I like to spend my limited time for sim flying rather than solving problems and configuring the controls. There fore 2020 for the time being.

One question, because I have tried BATC with 2020 and 2024, but in 2020 when I open (trigger) the mic to talk, the game’s sound kinda changes, then after I end talking in BATC, a second or so later, the game’s sound comes back to normal levels, of course there is cracking in between. Whereas in 2024 this doesn’t happens.

I thought it was the bluetooth headset, but the same headset is being used in both instances, so.. :confused:

But 2020 runs better of course, no stutters, no sound cracks, its great. Is a pitty doesn’t looks that good as 2024 (when it works) on my high end machine.