Anyone else still only 2020

Really have to say that 2020 is running the best it has the last 4-5 months. Smooth no crashes and I’ve got all my freeware and payware installed. I can’t see me even thinking about 2024 for a couple of years.

I would not worry about it if I were you. Just enjoy 2020 there is a lot to enjoy there. It still is awesome

Ya, same here mate. I did buy and install 2024 a couple weeks after it was released (in order to avoid the initial download issues) but uninstalled it soon afterwards. I’ll probably reinstall it in the future when VR is better optimized and the marketplace is fully working (and I can see what 2020 payware scenery is compatible).

I did the same with 2020 and didn’t reinstall it until the 40th anniv edition, with heli’s, came out late 2023. Went back to xp11/12 until then. For now, 2020 is my favorite flight sim. Cheers.

I fly both 2020 and 2024. MSFS 2020 is by far a better simulator at this point.

Yup. When 2024 does what this sim does, I’ll switch over.

Installed 2024 when it first came out, ended up uninstalling it a while ago. Got no interest in trying it out again until I know for sure that the aircraft I want to fly actually work and that the game is stable.

Until then, 2020 is going strong for me and I have very little issues to note.

'24 may have some issues yet but I’m about to uninstall '20.

Interesting response. May I ask what it is about 24 that would make you uninstall 20?
For those that made the switch, what features are better that would make you go all in on the switch?

This is a serious question because I can’t see a whole lot of reasons why 24 would be considered better than 20 at this stage. I don’t own 24 myself so I am genuinely curious.

As a VFR joyrider, '24 has already ruined '20 for me. And '24 isn’t there yet either, so now I’m in this weird limbo. But the ground detail, 3D foliage, color rendition, and lighting model have vastly improved small field GA and bush flying.

For myself personally what I can do in MSFS I can do in MSFS 2024. Not long ago I was in MSFS 2024 flying under IFR in hard IMC and it was working fine. I created a flight plan using Sky Vector and Navigraph fired up MSFS selected the COWS DA40 then loaded up at the airport. After that I connected to VATSIM via vPilot started Active Sky, started the plane up inserted the flight plan into G1000 NXi and off I went. The day before that I elected to fly in MSFS not because I personally think it’s better but because I wanted to fly the Black Square Piston Duke and the airport I wanted to fly into didn’t have custom scenery for MSFS 2024 (at least not yet).

Well basically you’re using MSFS 2024 scenery, nothing else. 3rd party aicraft, 3rd party ATC, 3rd party flight planning… Don’t get me wrong, totally valid approach.

yep Im staying with 2020.Tried 2024 but nothing but problems.

Four reasons I’m OK with '24 and uninstalling '20:

  1. Much smoother, wa-aaa-ay fewer stutters.
  2. Simconnect has some improvements (Although not all of my '20 code runs on '24.)
  3. The low-n-slow flying I do over non-urban areas verifies the much improved GFX.
  4. I don’t need TWO full flight simulators.

You described the vast majority of my flying as well. Makes me reconsider just pulling the trigger just to see what it is like. I know it is nowhere near where it should be but there is a part of me that just wants to do some free flights and check out the scenery.

I’m still on 2020 . New to the forum and learning my way around.

Faster start times
Better graphics
Smoother on my machine
The UI for the control bindings stinks BUT it does let you assign controls sets for specific aircraft that change automatically.
I like the Airbus A330!

I’m making my return to flight sim soon, been away last 6 months. Just ordered my new machine.

Gonna go back to 2020 until things settle down.

Haven’t purchased 24 yet but I will at some point

I tried 2024 via a £1 Game Pass two week trial. I have deleted it as it is clearly not ready for prime time. For me VR isn’t the main issue. It’s unexpected CTD and stupid glitches like your passenger hanging out of the aircraft.
2020 is really in a very good state at the current time and my favourite aircraft like the FI Spitfire IX work well.
They need to fix quality of life bugs as a priority. It will get there no doubt but I’ll not put serious money towards it until devs like IFE, Blackbird and Flying Iron say their products work in it.

100%. I also absolutely love the spitfire and spend probably 50% of my sim-time in it. :). I cannot wait for FI to update it…

Since I switched to 2024, the 2020 version is eating dust.
Sure, 2024 had a somewhat ■■■■■■ take-off but it gets better and better overtime.
Time to uninstall 2020.
Happy :small_airplane: