Related thread below. Count me as still on 2020. Purchased 2024, haven’t even installed it yet.
I dreamed about some relaxing/interesting non RPG, slowly minded, graphic intense nice game when I purchased MSFS2020.
Something really different I expected.
On day one downloading on PC as Xbox X I couldn’t believe three months ago how extremely slow that is, compared to what I do usually?!?!
It seemed to me something was wrong, so I contacted support.
This was already the worst approach, never solved.
Once downloaded on Xbox X, which was simply faster, I had my first tries.
First question: why does my mouse and keyboard not work anymore?!?!?
Again to support: no solution, I have to shuffle that out my self…
Thank you indeed.
In MS Store in my area reviews are bad(60/40) for MSFS2020, MSFS2024(80/20) outstandingly worst!
I do not agree firmly the way bugs are getting treated for my Xbox X with peripheral compatible hardware.
Reading between the lines all difficulties existing, I will certainly not purchase MSFS2024 within the next years.
MSFS2020 is the only game so far which crashed on my Xbox X. ![]()
What they have earned from the hundert bucks payed with me: one more here continously complaining.
I have to admit, I play MSFS 2020 and MSFS 2024 (career mode which is broke). MSFS 2020 is such a solid smooth sim it’s hard to leave. Also, new aircraft like the Piaggio P180 sold in the Market is great (I purchased that aircraft. And Market doesn’t exist in MSFS 2024 ALPHA Sim). MSFS 2020 is excellent in my book.
I purchased some older ones, the concorde(beautiful aircraft), and also some older Alouette III rotorcraft lately.
Went flying from Barajas Madrid and KLAS with both, just crashed the MSFS2020 on Xbox X…
My neighbor did exactly the same with his Xbox X, identic results: crash in the first go with some utterly strange airports signals…
Only difference we got is the internals from the Xbox X, I got the older full copperplate heat dissipator plate(first Generation), and he has the 2nd Generation Xbox X with different heat dissipator(common copper pipes as most air-cooled laptops).
On PC I do not have this kind of a problem, but graphics in Arizona and Utah are missing really a lot…
I want to get back into Flight Simming, after my eight year old gaming PC died (I was using FSX).
After hearing all the bugs that MSFS 2024 has, am I better off just getting MSFS 2020? (disc version or downloadable one?).
Thanks in advance.
Not everyone is having game breaking issues and it depends on what you want to do with the sim. If you’re looking to pick up MSFS 2024 for the career mode then yeah, it’s probably not the best idea to get it right now. Having said that this isn’t the only improvement that MSFS 2024 has over MSFS 2020.
Something big I have found that MSFS 2024 has improved on is performance. While performance in MSFS 2020 isn’t an issue for me I have found performance in MSFS 2024 to be better than MSFS 2020.
I only play free flight using VATSIM and high quality addons. I just did a flight using the COWS DA42 on VATSIM under IFR and all was peachy. I very rarely use MSFS 2020 anymore. The only reason I will hop in it is to use Black Square addons. Once those move over to MSFS 2024 it’s likely I will uninstall MSFS 2020.
I have both sims but I fly heavily still on FS2020. I flew on both at the same times as I wanted to see the career mode and unfortunately that had many bugs that either ruined the immersion for me or just penalized me or made crash or lost money. Some of these bugs I didn’t see on their list of fixing. Every flight in career mode there were floating aircraft, ground personnel walked through planes, the copilot sex voice and name didn’t match, the over exaggerated turbulence, but there’s no wake turbulence either then I’d get penalized for something so absurd like going to the hold point then get violation of entering the runway when the box barely touches it. The traffic on the airport would drive through me and I can go on and on. The maintenance costs baffles me as it seems I’m paying double. Not sure why it starts you off with low fuel for the mission and working around many issues it’s like hydra you work around one issue two more takes it’s place. I know many users that fly FS24 use the free flight and the visuals are great on it but there’s just too many issues and I want to get my pmdg aircraft switched over too. I know Fenix moved theirs over but it’s still in experimental mode which I don’t feel like having to deal with issues that arise. Honestly, FS24 isn’t ready for prime time and I read now they want to extend testing in fear of causing more bugs. That tells me the sim is a long way from being stable and I’m very happy with FS2020 right now as it runs great now with dlss 4. I’ve stopped flying fs2024 because it became frustrating not fun.
well said, better than i did. ![]()
After months of reading i have decided that MSFS 2024 even when useable is not heading in a direction i’m interested in , far to many gimmicks. There are aspects i would like ( walkaround mode) but on the whole it isn’t worth it.
I will stick with 2020 and see what MSFS 2028 looks like
On 2020, never bought 2024 (I refuse to pre-buy games absent a huge incentive, and even then I need some confidence it will work). 2020 does what I need, the thing that would move me to 2024 is better game performance - better FPS at good graphics. Right now I’m more CPU bound than GPU bound, and the idea of 2024 removing main thread limits was very enticing, but I still hear too much about graphics loading in during flight, CTDs, VRAM bugs, stutters… better for some people, worse for others. If / when the game is very stable and my build will be smooth, I’ll possibly pull the trigger. But even the little things like confusing control configs are just off-putting.
I am still using MSFS 2020. I have been flightsimming since the first one and over the years, I sometime skipped an release. I think that I skip MSFS 2024, because in the last months of the Year 2024 MSFS 2020 had big issues with download servers and internet connectivety. And as I understood, that MSFS 2024 would be totally dependent of cloud based storage, I decided to stay with MSFS 2020. However, I never expected current core issues MSFS 2024 is having. As is now, I expect MSFS 2028 might ( ! ) be better.
2020 here. Keeping an eye on comments to assure me that 2024 is working properly before I splash out. Still impressed with visual quality of 2020 and maybe when MS stop updating it I’ll make the switch. Happy to be flying Bush Trips which I create myself.
msf2024 is not popular at all. VR is no good, Fenix PMDG iFly FBW do not support. then buggy as hell. the UI is a disaster. problems all over.
so no2024.
I’m still on FS2020.
Upgraded an airfield this morning with SDK.
RAF Little Rissington / Bourton on the water.
To do a believable rendition of an RAF station, download every RAF Station from Flightsim.to
Then all the buildings, hangers and objects will be in the Scenery Library on your machine.
For Civil Aviation small fields, do the same with others on Flightsim.to.
FS2024 has a lot of catching up to do before I consider buying.
I bought 2024 but still haven’t installed it. I wanted to support the franchise and keep hoping they’ll right the ship at some point but I only fly 2020 - if I fly at all. Lately I have been less inclined to use this flight sim.
MS2020 was a watershed moment and had so much potential - but never fully realized it. I still can’t get over the fact that - along with so many other glaring omissions - it was released without a one touch ‘fly-by’ view. This and many other omissions of what should be considered staples or requirements of any flight sim just seems so unfathomable.
Fine - MS2024 then. MS/Asobo says it is necessary for any upgrade to their franchise product that they create an all new flight sim.
But these days of releasing unfinished products to use the customer base as test subjects - kind of the way the pharmaceutical industries use us to test their untested drugs (‘ask your doctor if xyz is right for you’) to absolve them of any consequences should things go awry - has led us to this point. Why should they spend the time and money preparing and testing their products if they know we’re willing to buy them in untested and unprepared condition?
First get the money - then spend it (maybe) on getting the product improved (maybe)
I’m absolutely still on 2020, and have no desire to get 2024.
Maybe I’ll get the one after that.
When it will hopefully be radically different.
I’ve spent enough on Microsoft flight simulator, over the years
Still on 2020. I play in VR only, and don’t care about the career mode.
I will most probably move to 2024 at some point in time, but will wait until I am ceratin 2024 will be better than what I get in 2020.
It seems that 2024 has improved, but still has some way to go, so I will still wait for some time.
Here, here, here ![]()
There is no reason that I would see to switch now. Microsobo needs roughly 3 years to make 2020 (almost) stable and I am very happy that they are so busy with 2024 now which for the time being prevents, …aaehm, …optimizing 2020.
nice nick name sehnsedahamses ![]()
I tried 2024 to many bugs so I went back to 2020.the issue I have is the 2020 sim crashes for no reason. I am on a series x. this has been going sense dec. other games I play I have no issue with the xbox series x crashing. its not getting over heated. is it the sim? it never crashed before dec.