Are cloud bases in new METAR system in AGL or MSL?

If it is on facebook it must be true.

Probably the same type of FB posts that donā€™t see any issue with the weather from SU7 and think it works perfect.

1 Like

Yes. I go sometimes in at least 4 groups on Facebook to see if someone is talking about any issues. Not just weather wiseā€¦. They are all happy except a very few :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I dont have a certain ā€˜mentalityā€™ but as one who has been in this programming and computing business (now retired) for many years past
I also know that NO programmer screws something up deliberately.
I accept that live weather needs fixing but so does Asobo and MS.
I therefore, possibly having often been at the receiving end, find some of the abusive language directed at Asobo and MS frankly totally unseemly.
Remember; there is absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, that appears on your screen that a human being hasnt put there.
So there will be errors and they will annoy you but they will be put right.
Those of us who have seen and used the various versions of the Flight Simulator since early 80s
understand this. I have been on many forums specially FSX but have never read the vitriol I sometimes read here.
But that isnt a reason to go on and on and on at the producers of this simulator, often in very abusive language.
This is a comment in general, not specifically at you.
Frankly some of the comments directed at Asobo and MS are appalling.
They arent going to react, but some of us should.

3 Likes

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you here. Being abusive towards another individual isnā€™t the way to solve things, nor is it necessary or acceptable.

I can however, understand usersā€™ frustration when a fundamental part of sim get broken, then there is no communication or response from the developers. I think transparency and communication is the way forward, in all industries not just aviation or flight simulation. That lack of communication is when people begin to get understandably frustrated and then criticism begins to mount against the developers. As long as this doesnā€™t cross the line into being abusive, I think criticism is something that needs to exist. Just as long as itā€™s constructive and not abusive.

3 Likes

Its a behavior of REX. Even if you initially hit the ā€œBā€ key after injecting the weather, the altimeter is not correct. The aircraft has to move first to adjust to the correct altitude.

Atleast with the FBW and the CRJ, have not yet tested with default aircrafts, but probably the sameā€¦
Just discovered that lately.

1 Like

Thanks for that clarification. I was not aware of that.

Asobo, or Microsoft, or Msfsā€¦i dont know the team or the responsable boss ā€¦
but:
when you work during 6 days and you have only 1 day to enjoy your ā€œtoyā€, for wich you have paid a hundred euros, you canā€™t constantly excuse basic mistakes like weather or air traffic malfunctions. Basically because these have been SOLD for their correct use and not exposed in BETA.
On the other hand, I will not stop congratulating you when something is well done.
We do not criticize this for being bad customers, quite the contrary: we LOVE the product so much that we do not like that it falls into the misfortune of becoming a hive of errors.

8 Likes

Awesome! You get my vote for post of the week.

Love it!

5 Likes

Itā€™s the same with other aircraft.

This is a test at dead sea. The clouds in the sim is based of the lowest point on earth. The weather looks perfect at dead sea :slight_smile:

I think the clouds are a little bit to low even there though, I donā€™t realy know. But they are to low thatā€™s for sure.

Clouds still look awful though, imo

1 Like

I think i prefer having them set at correct altitude though than that they hide them in the dead sea. No METAR available there. This injection is based from meteoblue.

Yeah, it would be a start at least.

1 Like

I think meteoblue matches the prediction very good though. I uses meteoblue to see that it was clouds over the dead sea right now.

So I have to say, the wow effect is missing with me now totally since SU7. No matter where you look, everything looks the same almost everywhere. And always those ugly cumulus cloudsā€¦ :sleepy:

5 Likes

I canā€™t believe after so many days this issue persist. So sad. Iā€™m done for now with msfs, will be back when, at least, this is solved. :disappointed:

1 Like

Yep exactly the same feeling here. Everything looks so generic, copy & paste no matter where you look.

1 Like

That is a big problem. I think they use them to blend in METAR easy. Could see more difference before.

Same here, which I sadly think will mean a couple of months away

1 Like