Since when is the ATR dependemt of SU5?
Avidyne ![]()
It’s not, just that updates to ATR and 4 other aircraft are included in AAU4, which will be released with SU5
FYI, Official News & Announcements post with links to trailers is here:
Jorg stated Dev Q&A was planned to be live at FSWeekend, (although mot announced), but due to family emergency he could not attend in person, so next Dev Q&A will be scheduled in the future.
Excited all about the announcements made, the F27 is a joy!
The KLM Retro, Kenya Airways and Livery 03-wonder what airline it kind of represents? are some of the liveries included that I like!
Will the AAU updated planes be available for everyone or will they have to be purchased?
Also the S55 might be the weirdest airframe I’ve ever seen. Looks like something out of Crimson Skies!
As I understand it, the “updates” in AAU4 are for the “payware” first party planes in the Avionics edition.
Makes sense, cheers.
Looked up the ATR and it seems pretty affordable. If the 2024 native version stays at that price it seems like a good deal.
These updates to the payware aircraft will be free for those who already owned them in MSFS 2020 or 2024 (e.g. via Aviator Edition).
/me does the ATR got an update dance!
Best wishes to Jorg for his family emergency x
Was the F27 in 2020 at all?
From the official announcement: for the Fokker F27:
The Fokker F27 Friendship is available today in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) in-sim marketplaces for $19.99 USD.
FlightControlTools at FSWeekend 2026 – Live from Lelystad Join us this weekend at the iconic Aviodrome Lelystad during FSWeekend 2026, hosted at the SIMMARKET booth.
Step into the aviation museum atmosphere, surrounded by historic aircraft and cutting-edge simulation innovation.
We’re here until Sunday, March 22 — don’t miss it. —
Major Announcements
FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY 6 – Preview (Teaser Video) also Streamed via FSELITE Streaming!
A new generation is on final approach.
-
Planned release: Soon 2026
-
Reduced upgrade pricing for existing users
-
Completely redesigned interface → Sleek layout, faster workflow, intuitive slider controls
-
New Fly-By Camera (only MSFS 2024) → Track live flights with zoom precision and integrated AI Traffic
-
Cinematic Mode → Fully free camera movement for immersive, film-style captures
-
Additional features to be revealed soon
-
Automatic Highlights creation
-
Data Logger dedicated UI with detachable Charts
-
And much more unveiled soon…
-–
FLIGHTCONTROLSPOTTER 2 – Update Preview
Enhancing your spotting experience with sharper control and flexibility:
-
Fly-By Camera now available in Spot View(only MSFS2024)
-
Save custom drone positions for repeatable shots
-
Free update for all registered users(MSFS Marketplace and Simmarket)
-
Planned Release April 2026
-–
Meet the team, experience live demos, and explore the future of flight simulation tools — directly from the SIMMARKET booth.




-
ATR 42-600 / 72-600
-
Antonov AN-2
-
Fokker F.VII
-
Latecoere 631
-
Savoia-Marchetti S.55
I know that there’s not a lot more to share about these updated aircraft. But I just wanted to say that I’d gladly substitute anyone of the last three with an enhanced Twin Otter, A310, Skyvan SC.7 or Mitsubishi MU-2.
Of course, it’s all a matter of personal preferences, but as someone who particularly enjoys flying the Latecoere 631, Savoia-Marchetti S.55 and Fokker F.VII, I’m very please to see that these will be updated to 2024 versions when AAU4 releases in April. ![]()
Well I’m sure they chose them for the most profitable reasons. But on my end, I own all of them and time has revealed that I have the most enjoyment with the first two.
Do you think the update will include more throttle etc binding capability with peripherals? (for Latecoere)