ATC-Chatter is being developed for FS2020

The Europe clip collection contains around 5,600 clips. None are from the U.K. as recording ATC communications is illegal in the U.K. so LiveATC.net has no feeds in that area. That said, there are a bunch from Ireland.

The one disadvantage of the Europe collection is that the clips are from many different countries but the player is not currently capable of selecting the clips based on what accent you might expect from a controller depending on where you are flying.

The mp3 files do include the facility ICAO code in the mp3 tag information so it is feasible that the player could be more selective on what clips to play based on the aircraft location but we would need the clip collection to be much larger across a wider area to make that work well.

Maybe some ATC-Chatter users who use the clip collection in Europe could chime in what they think of it. I fly mostly in the U.S. and Canada so those combined regions sound very realistic for those regions.

Mark

Thanks for the swift reply Mark!

Based on your detailed response, this offers me more than enough to purchase :+1:

I am currently doing a coastal tour of Ireland so im interested to see how the atc adds additional immersion, plus with the upcoming USA update i will plan a tour of the states where im sure i will see the product in all its glory!

Keep up the great work :clap:

One thing I would love to get feedback on is how FS-ATC-Chatter compares to the ATC audio that FS2020 seems to be putting out with the AI traffic. Iā€™m still learning what FS2020 can do but I think a bunch of you are much further along than I am so let me know how you think it compares.

I would also like to know if anyone has found a way to keep the AI / live traffic but mute the ATC communication with these planes.

Mark

Great stuff, giving this a try today!

I loaded it up and did a test flight from KJFK, from what I can see so it works properly and does sound very realistic.

If you want to buy the full package of clips (assuming they will work properly) where would you get them?

The volume slider doesnā€™t seem to work?

It should kick in on the next clip. Iā€™m going to try and fix it that when you slide it it will update the volume on the current clips it is playing.

Mark

1 Like

You can get the full set on either the X-Plane.org store or the Stick and Rudder Studios website:

https://store.x-plane.org/X-ATC-Chatter_p_890.html

You can also get it as a reward if you join the chatter project and submit 100 approved clips

Mark

Hi, just tested and it worked flawlessly; well done.

I look foward to the next update.

I own the X-Plane version and can testify that it is really good. Especially with the monotonous ATC and repetitive voices in Asobos ATC this will be a bit of a game changer.

1 Like

FS-ATC-Chatter 1.0 Beta 2 is Ready

Download From:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/downloads/FS-ATC-Chatter_1.0B2.zip?v=

Installation

1. Download the archive from the above link
  2. Extract the archive to the hard drive you want to run FS-ATC-Chatter on
  3. Read the User Guide in the extracted folder
  4. There is no installer so just run the file FS-ATC-Chatter.exe

Release Notes

• Added latitude and longitude at the top of the nearest facilities window. Also added a map button to open a Google map at that location.
  • Pause chatter when using automatic controllers or radio power and there is no connection to the simulator.
  • Reset origin location when you reposition the aircraft in the sim.
  • Fixed a bug where the volume slider was not updating the audio volume of the current clip.

Known Problems

None that I know of

Limitations

There are some listed in the User Guide

6 Likes

Hi Markā€¦ Only issue I have had (in both versions) is that it has to be run as administratorā€¦ failing to do this automatically closes the application.
Event viewer showing a problem with ā€˜ucrtbase.dllā€™

Darren

Darren,

Was there anything in the log.txt file? Do you have any details from the event viewer.

I would also like to know if other people are seeing this.

Mark

Nothing unusual in the main log.txt file.
Event viewer shows the below application error:

Faulting application name: FS-ATC-Chatter.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f9b078a
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x43cbc11d
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000071218
Faulting process ID: 0x120
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6aeaa351c93c4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\FS-ATC-Chatter\FS-ATC-Chatter.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report ID: 6982cd6c-0ca0-4f19-bbca-70949f0cbf9c

Darren

One thing that might be interesting to try is installing the latest Visual C++ redistributables. This is mentioned in the FS-ATC-Chatter user guide but the link is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You will want to install vc_redist_x64.exe

Iā€™m not sure it will correct the issue but I would lob to know if it helps.

Mark

Hi, second Beta worked well for me.

Not sure about the current map option as when it opens, it covers the FS view?

Once integrated into FS, this might become more useful if you can select map backgrounds / options.

I absolutely LOVE the realism the chatter brings to the simulator! If you can figure out how to make the chatter and Flight Simulatorā€™s build-in ATC not interfere with each other, I will definitely buy the product!

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to work with Asobo to see if they are willing to open the ATC API a bit in SimConnect. I think that is going to be a while as they seem to have their hands full with the basic stuff at the moment.

By the way, if you are looking for a good ATC experience these clips work with Pilot2ATC that is fully integrated with FS2020.

Mark

Works for me too mark. I used my xatc chatter files from xplane, including the custom ones. They work fine! I have some UK atc wav files I got from fsx days, I tried playing it from custom folder but they donā€™t seem to work. Is it because they are wav clips and not gotten from live atc? Help please, thanks!

Lovely, just lovely