ATC Text-To Speech Azure doesn't seem to reconnect

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
I noticed that when losing connection to Azure, the text-to-speech used for the ATC will switch to an offline version, but upon reconnecting to Azure, it doesn’t seem to switch back to the Azure text-to-speech.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
None

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• Create flight while connected to Azure
  • Notice Azure ATC speech
  • Disconnect from Azure
  • Notice the FlightSim will correctly switch over to an offline version
  • Reconnect to Azure
  • Notice that the FlightSim will not switch back to the Azure Text-to-Speech upon reconnecting.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

Yip, me too.
I seem to lose the atc text-to-speech azure speech part way into almost every flight, and it never comes back. I have to exit the sim and restart it to get it working properly again.
Sometimes I get a little red window that says azure text-to-speech is now disabled, but not always.

On the odd occasion I’ve lost atc completely, with my co-pilot replying to atc, but when I check the atc window, there was no communication from atc… this might be a different problem however…

4 Likes

me too,recently happened several times after su5!

1 Like

Had this daily after SU5, multiple times per day. The only “fix” was to restart the sim to get normal Azure voices back.

Haven’t had it happen to me in the last 2 days or so now. But I see others are still reporting it.

Had it for the first time yesterday after about an hour. Voices sounded like robots over ATC after that for the rest of the flight.

Haven’t heard ATC in three days or so. Sometimes there’s nothing in the chat box and others there’s just no audio. Doesn’t matter how many times I log out and log back in. On Xbox.

I had the same experience that you had. I flew the Airbus a320 neo, and it was flying erratically as I was arriving at my destination. I had to go full throttle, to keep the plane from sinking to the ground a few times. After the red window appeared, my copilot & ATC sounded like preteens over the radio.

I rebooted the sim, and the normal voices returned. Another strange occurrence, after SU5! At least I’m not the only one with this issue, but Asobo/MS needs to address this ASAP.

1 Like

Ditto all of the above. Flights proceed normally and at some point ATC xmissions cease, both aurally and text, but the co-pilot is still responding.

3 Likes

This one wouldn’t bother me too much, as long as it automatically reconnected. Not only does it not automatically reconnect, you can’t even manually reconnect to Azure. The way to do it is to close and re-open the sim.

4 Likes

Same for me .I don’t think it’s a problem with your configuration or your pc ,but a big problem with azure and severs of Microsoft . It’s known that many big companies using there cloud are unhappy
With it . unfortunately asobo and Microsoft don’t tell us the truth and live us dealing with numbers of issues. I think also numbers of CTD occurs when servers don’t respond immediately. The proof of that it’s when you try to use msfs at a time when the majority of users are sleeping the issues disappears like by magic.

1 Like

I also face those Azure disconnects but for me it reconnects. Had 3 “Azure outages” during the flight and got reconnected without doing anything. Reconnect took me between 10 to ~20 minutes. Currently on a Boing 78X. So not sure if this applies to specific areas or time.

The same issue is happening on Xbox frequently. I always get the red window saying Azure text-to-speech was lost and the voices go full Stephen Hawking. It never comes back afterwards. Extremely annoying as it’s barely enjoyable with robot voices.

I’ve been dealing with Azure dropping out for a couple months now. Cuts out at the beginning of every flight and never returns. Its interesting that its not happening to everybody…makes me think its something on my end.

I am also losing ATC voices and text on every single flight now. My copilot keeps responding so at least I know what ATC wants me to do. But this issue is annoying and needs to be fixed. I am using the FBW A320 although I don’t think the aircraft has anything to do with it.

2 Likes

Yes very frustrating - 2hrs into a flight and you loose ATC just as you are about to descend. It wouldn’t be so bad if switching to offline mode at least got the audio back.

3 Likes

I did a flight yesterday from KDEN to KDFW in the FBW A320. When I loaded up the sim I had the plane cold and dark at the gate. Jetways would not work. That has been another issue I have been getting lately. So I decided to clear the rolling cache since others have claimed this fixes other issues. So I cleared it and then restarted the sim at the same gate. Jetways were working again. I then did my flight from KDEN to KDFW. I did not lose ATC voices or text the entire flight. And the jetways worked at KDFW. Is it fixed? I don’t know. But my flight yesterday was the first in weeks where both ATC and jetways worked. Today is football day here in the USA. So I’ll try another flight tomorrow and see what happens.

I read a similar post elsewhere.
If you view the ATC window…
Click COM2 and tune to the frequency.

ATC

It will start working again. I tried this a few times and it worked. Once, twice I switched back to COM1 and it continued to work, but not always.

1 Like

I have the same issue, it seems I lose the ATC voice after using the sim multiplication, ( Time ), factor…So far only noticed in the A320 NEO

Tried that several times…no luck !

2 Likes

First I get a red warning on the screen that says something like ‘Internet lost switching to offline’ and then the 13 year old voices takeover. Better than silence I guess–and as was mentioned above I have to exit the sim and re-enter to connect back to Azure.