Auto rudder after landing?!

Well I went nuclear… reinstalled the sim and cleared every binding and still no joy I’m afraid

Oh, I have same issues of you. I’m xbox user and use trustmaster controller and rudder pedal…

Not sure if you got a reply for this but I figured this out only last week. If you are using a mouse you have to keep the left mouse button pressed (to keep the menu open) and simultaneously click middle mouse or right mouse button to choose selected/managed modes (I’m assuming it’s the A320Neo that you are talking about). If you are usnig the XBox controller then it’s A over dial, (menu stays in place without holding A down} RH joypad to change value then ‘X’ or ‘A’ to choose mode and ‘B’ to exit.
It’s important to realise there are differences in UI between mouse and controller to do this.
I’d have preferred if the menu stuck with a LH mouse click, but it doesn’t so you are left with that awkward motion of holding down left mouse button while simultaneously clicking another mouse button to choose mode. :man_shrugging:

Or you can just go to the General Options → Accessibility → Cockpit interaction, and change this from LOCK to LEGACY. So you don’t have to do all those tricks if you’re using mouse. But this only applies to PC with mouse hardware, not for Xbox with Xbox controller.

1 Like

Yes, no LEGACY option on XBox. I use a mouse with XBox though.

Ohh, I didn’t know Xbox can use a mouse… the more you know…

I have ditched XBox controller for the most part. I only use it for controlling the drone camera as you can’t beat it for that. I run FS2020 with a HOTAS One, a wireless keyboard and optical mouse with scroll wheel from wireless dongle on the front XBox USB slot. and I ain’t going back. It’s like using a PC control wise. Scroll wheel on mouse zooms in for just about every view. I admire what they did with putting so much into the xbox controller and I think its great for arcade flying, but for serious flight simming on an XBox joystick, keyboard (for shortcuts) and optical mouse are key for a much more user friendly UI experience.

1 Like

I use my Thrustmaster TCA sidestick for my drone control at the same time as my primary flight controls.

Pitch Forward/Bank for translating the drone camera forward and backwards,
Bank Left/Right for translating the drone camera left and right.
Twist left/right for adjusting the drone camera height up/down.

Then I use the had switch to turn the camera left/right, up/down.

This way, I don’t need to use a separate control for the drone and aircraft flying. I just set a button to cycle between the two modes and I can use the same hardware to control both the drone and the aircraft itself.

1 Like

There is a setting in the assist menu

Assitance Menu/Pilot/Rudder Assist off

yeah, sometimes there are other things that might have affected it. That’s why I always start with everything off… Then slowly enable one assist at a time for the ones that you absolutely need.

I also have same problem, but I’m not sure, If I use cockpit view mode(not outside view) when I landing, rudder looks okay without fixed one direction. I will do test more about this issue. :slight_smile:

I am also facing same problem. Has anyone found solution on this problem.?

it happens with every aircraft

Not yet, zendesk are looking into it for me

Mine is doing the same thing… and really hard to make it turn around on the runway or turning off a runway… also my flight simulator will only fly certain aircraft, computer keeps crashing on some of the when going to cockpit setting to release the brakes.

I have the same issue. I use the t16000 thrust master joystick. Whenever I land and this is only when I land, the rudder goes full right and when I go left and try to fight it I can physically see the rudders fixing my input to idle and go back to normal position and full right again. So the only way to fight it is spam the input rudder left. Please someone tell me if a fix has been found yet

We’ve done a bit more digging into this on this thread below. No fixes yet but maybe some info which could help you.

Make sure you set your assist settings to all Hard/True to Life as a base, this should help you take full control of the aircraft regardless.

Neo is right, if you have takeoff rudder assist turned on you might only have the issue when you’re landing as the AI is helping during takeoff. On mine, if I have assist turned on then my takeoffs are ok and landings swerve but if I turn the assist off then the swerve happens on both takeoff and landing.

Maybe do the same test as I did and set weather to clear and takeoff autorudder to OFF and try a few flights from a few different runways, one facing east to west and one facing north to south etc. your issue might be similar to mine. Interesting that I have the t16000 too and also have the same issue. Mine happens even when it isn’t plugged in but I am still testing the issue for now.

I think the thread I linked above has a better description of what I tried.

Any update on a possible fix or solution? I have tried everything I can think of. I’m on Xbox using the controller. Not mods or anything of that nature. I have the deluxe premium pack but that shouldn’t effect it.