Axis and Ohs: Help and questions

Oh! That looks like a bug. Sorry about that, I will put it on the list for the 1.70.
Is the approach mode itself working?

If you want, send me a message here in the forum and I’ll provide a link to my current devel version, so you can check if it is fixed.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

Yes it is working, and the button in the cocpit is lit.
I can wait for the next update, thanks.

When can we expect the next update?

When can we expect the next update?

The 1.70 may require another 2 weeks. The new gauges for Desktop and WebFIPs are currently being redesigned by a graphics artist to make them really shine.

If there are deal breaking bugs, an intermediate version 1.6x will be provided, but currently it doesn’t look like there is one of those. I will update my post above with all bugfixes and features that will be included in the 1.70.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

1 Like

Hello again. Startet to fly the Cessna Citation Longitude and hit som problem. If I switch the Auto Throttle to ARM it is arming, but after that I can’t stop the Autothrottle anymore, It is going full power no mather what I do.

Then I read somewhere in this forum that the key combination is Shift + R to activate and the same: Shift + R to deactivate. This works but is it possible to get it to work on the Multi Panel switch?

That is a known bug, which will be fixed in the next version.

Since this is already hidden a little bit, I will just re-post the text from above:

Development update for the upcoming version 1.70:

Hello @ll,

here is a short notice about what will be part of the next version of AAO (v1.70):

• Fixed: bug that prevents the flaps detent selector from showing up
  • ​Fixed: non-functional APR light on the Saitek MultiPanel
  • Added: the Saitek Switch panel now has separate ON/OFF events.
  • Fixed: switching the Avionics bus 1&2 with the Saitek Switch panel.
  • Added: Work has started on custom gauges for the Desktop and Web instruments. Once those gauges are complete, this feature will be available for everyone, not only for users of Saitek gear.
  • Fixed: button Change dialog crash when value < 0
  • Fixed: max/min values for autopilot x_INC/x_DEC events too small
  • Fixed: deleting a button assignment removes the wrong item
  • Added: choice of mouse cursor in mouse yoke mode
  • Added: trim for mouse yoke mode (re-center mouse cursor)
  • Fixed: bug when assigning an axis to a MIDI control
  • Fixed: simulator variables not working after disconnect/reconnect in the same session
  • Added: Virtual key code for AltGr / RMenu
  • Added: Choice between high and low resolution gauges
  • Change: Desktop gauges always on top
  • Fixed: AutoThrottle not turning off with Saitek Multi Panel

Version 1.70 will be released shortly after the next update for MSFS.

Stay tuned and stay safe!

Thank you, I missed that. Is it possible to get a patch now without the gauges update?

Send me a message here in the forum with your order number from SimMarket. You can have my devel version if you want.

Thank you, I sendt you a message.

1 Like

Hello @ll,

version 1.70 is feature complete now, and is being tested. In addition to the items mentioned above, the following has been implemented:

• added events to toggle 8.333KHz spacing on the COM radios, including Saitek Radio Panel ops
  • added events to properly toggle FLC and VS hold in MSFS
  • various bugfixes and improvements of the MIDI interface
  • updated the combo key logic, made it more flexible
  • finished implementing the Lorby gauges, which will be available for everyone now as Desktop and Web instrumtens (= you can drag the gauges on an additional monitor or stream them to your phone or tablet)

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

Sounds great. Thanks.

@LorbySI How does 8.33kHz spacing work on the Saitek Radio Panel? I always thought that requires 6 digits (xxx.yyy), doesn’t the Saitek only show 5 digits (xxx.yy)? I was thinking about buying that radio panel but because of that I didn’t further consider it.

The app shifts the frequency displays on the radio panel one digit to the left when you turn the inner encoder.

Hello @ll,

the next version of AxisAndOhs has been released today. It should show up in your SimMarket account shortly.

• The bug with AutoThrottle not turning off with the Saitek MultiPanel has been fixed
  • A solution has been found for switching the Avionics bus 1&2 with the Saitek Switch panel.
  • Bug has been fixed that prevents the flaps detent selector from showing up
  • Bug has been fixed with the value assignment of simulator events
  • Bug has been fixed with the non-functional APR light on the Saitek MultiPanel
  • The Saitek Switch panel now has separate ON/OFF events.
  • The combo button logic has been fixed
  • The MIDI logic has been expanded
  • The mouse yoke logic has been expanded. You can now “trim” the movement (= recenter the mouse cursor) so you don’t have to “jump” so much
  • Several undocumented event IDs from MSFS have been added (VS hold, avionics bus, FLC, COM spacing)
  • The MSFS version now supports 8.333 KHz Spacing on the Saitek Radio Panel (frequency display is shifted 1 digit to the left while you turn the inner/fraction encoder)

- Custom Lorby gauges for the Desktop and Web instruments have been added. These are available for everyone, the feature is no longer limited to users of Saitek gear.
You can display them on your desktop and drag them anywhere (for example a separate monitor) or access them using a standard web browser on any device that is connected to your LAN or WiFi (like your phone or tablet)

1 Like

@LorbySI
I’ve spent a couple hours on this and I can’t get it working as per the instructions. For example the alt inc/dec… I’m following the instructions exactly and it seems to only want to decrease, but I can’t get the knob to work in the other direction (it just decreased no matter which way I turn it). I’ve done a lot of troubleshooting and I can’t even figure out if it is the Axis software, or the X-Touch midi software that is causing the problem. I’ve played with different settings in both. I see that when I turn a knob for it to “detect”, the input keeps flashing between left/right turns randomly. That happenes with every knob so I’m sure that it isnt just a bad knob. I’m not even sure where to go from here…

Also I’m using the Axis demo version 1.70 b25. I’d like to buy the full version if i can get it working.

Hello Pete,

unfortunately I don’t own an X-Touch, I can only speak for Novation, Native Instruments, Ableton and Roland.
To get the up/down funtionality on a rotary encoder you have to create two assignments - “whatever_INC” to the right turn, then another one for “whatever_DEC” on the left turn. If the encoder flashes, that is probably some setting in the Behringer software. With Novation Automap I have to keep turning the knob on my Nocturn and let go just at the right moment so the direction “sticks”. Once it is assigned I don’t have any problems though. And I have to change the default operation of the rotary in Automap to “Increment/Decrement”, otherwise the Encoder only goes a fixed distance left/right (like an axis). But I have no idea what that option may be called in the Behringer software. I know that there is at least one advanced user with the same device as yours, over in another thread.

Be mindful of the value ranges. If you assign for example AP_ALT_VAR_INC/DEC, you will probably have to change the value field (the one to the right of the “key down event” that says “1” by default - just spin your mouse wheel over it - over the right half for large changes, over the left for small ones). Otherwise you may be changing the altitude by just 1 ft… This is not the case for all the INC/DEC events, just something to keep in mind if moving the encoder doesn’t seem to do anything.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

Thanks Oliver. I’ll play with the Behringer software a bit more. I believe I’ve also been talking with that other user and he has offered to send me his configuration later, so hopefully that will get things going for me. I do think that my issue is on the Behringer side of things.

Hello after the latest Patch the Saitek Panels and FIP are no working anymore with Lorby Axis and O´s free Software. Ist there a Patch for this ?

Hello,

what “patch” do you mean? The simulator? Saitek drivers? The freeware version of AAO has been discontinued, sorry.

Be advised that Logitech have released a MSFS compatible version of their plugin. Strictly speaking you don’t need AxisAndOhs anymore to power the Panels and FIPs.

1 Like

yes the sim patch i mean, thanks. MSFS works now but with the USB Problem, i figured how to solve this.