Bad performance (Low FPS) with World Update 3 and new London photogrammetry - possible memory leaks

That’s photogrammetry. It’s intended to be viewed from a couple thousand feet up in the air.

If you don’t like the look of it, you can disable it again.

3 Likes

Now for the stupid question… Should I disable it and what would that buy me?

It’s up to you.

If you disable photogrammetry, you’ll get the autogenerated buildings back, and likely a lot better performance. It will look a lot less like London from a couple thousand feet up in the air though (the autogen buildings won’t resemble the real city).

So it’s up to you, your taste/preferences, and your system. If you like flying at 500 feet, and close to crashing into buildings, you should probably disable it.

It’s great to have choices isn’t it.

3 Likes

Hi there.

A good title helps other users find your topic and encourages them to join in the conversation. Topic titles must be concise and clearly outline the purpose of your discussion.

Please alter your topic title. You can do this by clicking the pencil icon next to the topic title.

1 Like

My understanding then is that if I turn it OFF, all the new added buildings and POI’s will vanish, is that correct?

Nope, the new POI’s are not photogrammetry, they’re hand crafted.

The rest of the buildings in the city will be replace with autogenerated ones.

Just test it with it on and off. It’s easy to test, see which you prefer.

This is bad me thinks.

1 Like

With it OFF, its great. Turning it back on gives me the above pic. Guess I will UP-VOTE the FIX PHOTOGRAMETRY issue.

1 Like

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I’ve downloaded the update fine, have all the POIs, have photogrammetry/data all on and strong internet connection without a limit to it. But I can’t get any photogrammetry for London or Oxford. Does anyone know what the issue might be please?

Hi, You probably just need to delete your local cash, and just cycle the photogrammetry and bing data settings.

I had a similar issue a few updates ago and doing that seemed to kick things back into action.

The new update has caused a lot of problems! I was very happy when the flight simulator was updated World update III United Kingdom. But when I started flying over London it was disappointing to see buildings that might have been so much better before! Now has a lot of problems. moving between pages of the flight simulator itself is also very slow. Does anyone know how to solve these problems?
It seems that developers sometimes develop more problems and members supposed to solve them! :smile:
That’s a kind of game itself! :nerd_face:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

lol here we go… :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

In january 11, I submitted to Zendesk those glitchs in Gaspe airport (CYGP Québec) and Madeira Island. The same problems still existed after the update 1.13.16.0. More, Valin River falls in Saguenay river since yesterday.

2 Likes

This is not caused by the new update. What you are seeing there are half-rendered meshes of all those buildings. As you fly around the area they would typically “catch up” and become their fully formed selves and look great. This could be caused by server, bandwidth, or PC performance issues. That’s not to say it can’t be optimized by Asobo, but this is not related to this update other than the fact that this area is now photogrammetry and high detail.

2 Likes

Anybody else getting this? My performance has been smooth as butter before this new update. Drops down to the teens for about 10-15 seconds then goes back to normal. This was in a rural part of Hawaii in the caravan so there was nothing demanding going on…

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this as well! Is it something to do with any add-on scenery?

Same on my end, CPU gets to 100%. Have no addons installed - empty Community folder.

YES confirmed here as well from 50s to 10-15fps unplayable regardless of weather, happens even on clear skies… voted

1 Like

Not sure about random FPS drop but after the latest update I’m getting a pause every 5 seconds, tried going through all of the data and graphics settings but cant get rid of this.