Bad performance (Low FPS) with World Update 3 and new London photogrammetry - possible memory leaks

Same issue here, major drops after awhile of flying then fixes itself

I wondered at first if itā€™s do with my add-on scenery but it doesnā€™t seem like it. Any thoughts?

Same issue here too

I have same issue with my MSFS2020 after the update from yesterday

the same story ,went down with 10 fps but some people mentioned the photogram. is the problem.
but the drops temp are there to and it recovers after 10 sec.
most irritating is during the glidescope.

Same here on my end all is good in the beginning phase of the flight than about an hour later, boom my FPS drop to 5 to 10 from about 35 to 40 .

Yes I had rural micro-stutters flying around in the UK. I thought it was me. When I got close to Heathrow the stutters disappeared. Very strange, I thought it was the higher resolution textures but if you are getting the same issue in Hawaiiā€¦

I think this is a different performance issue. There is no photogrammetry in Hawaii. I had it in rural England - it didnā€™t kill frames persay but did drop frames every few seconds so made head tracking very uncomfortable.

Yes, I have some micro-stutters too after the update and in some places I got even a freeze for some mileseconds. However the general performance is good with average 45-50fps but now Iā€™m getting this small hiccups after the update.

1 Like

Does anyone have any further updates on this at all? Cheers

Same issue here. It happened to me yesterday sitting still at a gate in Lexington, Kentucky. Frame rate drops to the low teens in both cockpit and spot view. The bottleneck looks to be on the main thread, but my CPU is barely getting hit. Nothing fixes it once it starts, that I can tell, it just suddenly pops back up to 40-60fps and is fine again, till itā€™s not. I loaded into NYC today to see if the behavior was worse with more intense scenery. It was not. It seemed the same.

I have same issue.

Its independent of photogrammetry. I have downloaded the update but not the UKā€¦ addon from marketplace and still happens

Same issue for me. Random FPS drops (from 40-50 drop to 15) and return to normal after 20 30 seconds.later.

1 Like

In my case the VFR map was the reason for massive FPS drops.

When I use the VFR map in one flight, in the next flight it is not visible, but somehow still active in the background. Enabling and disabling the map helped. Alternatively turning the map completely off (using the custom menu) helps too.

Of course there could be other reasons, but I would check this first.

Has anyone else noticed the photogrammetry does not seem to be working in Bristol? It looks the same as before, I have cleared my Cache, rebooted the sim it is definitely turned on but does not work.

Same with central London.

Check your Data settings. My Bing data was off by default and it is normally on, Iā€™d not turned off and that seems to impact your Photogrammetry

Could it possibly be that the servers and surrounding network infrastructure are getting absolutely caned at the moment? :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe a silly question, but have you downloaded the actual World Update UK from the in-game Marketplace? The 23GB update isnā€™t it.

2 Likes