Bad performance (Low FPS) with World Update 3 and new London photogrammetry - possible memory leaks

I noticed that (including a very laggy and stuttery world map) only after flying around the new London photogrammetry.

I guess the bad memory leak is all around Londos new Bing Map error and causing a memory leak yes

wow lucky i found this post i thought it was my computer but trying to fly in london is just impossible 12 to 17 fps mega stuttering and maybe game just exits back to desktop. got to be something mega wrong with this london update i can fly around new york in 1440p with a mix of ultra high setting and have max fps set to 30fps and it’s super smooth with rolling cache off maybe a stutter will pop in

Second to this on 3090 very poor . CPU being maxed out.

If even high-end PCs are struggling now, how will XBox perform?

have the same issue in the main menu without flying in the UK

The game is struggling even if I set the graphics to intermediate, High or Ultra. :frowning:

I used to run everything at Ultra without any concern.

Can we hope a fix to get things right? :thinking:

Just because I tried everything already, I gave this a shot
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/performance-drop-15-20-after-update-3/367282/47?u=sanman140579979

First trial run FPS is back to normal…hope it stays this way. Thanks to the other forum member for sharing this @moxiejeff

1 Like

Same issue here!

Thank you for the article.
in fact, we are trying to solve the drop in FPS which is an important factor in training, playing and enjoying the reality of MS FS 2020. Yet, Not every user maybe is interested in being a technical nerd just to enjoy the simulator. Although we want Asobo™ to be the first to come with the right solutions for those technical issues effecting the quality of the simulator, your effort is appreciated. it’s very nice to know all of those points came in the article.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Glad it worked for you as well!!

1 Like

Hi… No Nothing… I kept the Invidia settings intact.

having exactly the same issue:
random fps frop ( from 70s-60s to 15fps ) with out a reason + red main thread +manipulators.
first time i have those weird drops and act randomly so far on many airports ( Europe-US tested so far)
beside that performance is amazing + Silky smoother
(8700k @5.1ghz + 3090 Asus Strix OC )

Why was my thread merged? I don’t even fly in Europe and mine was referring to new “random” severe fps drops with the new update.

1 Like

it is happening globally…not just in Europe

I am SO DISAPPOINTED.

I’ve never really experienced or had much gripe with most of the issues in the past. Maybe I wasn’t affected by them or didn’t care because the the actual use of the sim was not prohibited.

I can’t say that anymore. The sim has become unusable for me. I have global stutters and lockups that are constantly happening. Every few seconds, the sim completely locks up for sometimes 1-3+ seconds! and when it finally comes back, the plane is jolting all over the place as if it was storing all the inputs and executing them all at once.

No matter what setting, turning off data features, even using the BARE BONE sim with no streamed data on LOW settings, I still have the same freaking issue. Never had this before update.

I even REINSTALLED WINDOWS, an old backup of FS2020 and reinstalled the update. Same issue.

There is no excuse for this.

1 Like

Same here really bad performance after the update.

I have a 3080 with Ryzen 7 5800X…

1 Like

Strangely only London is affected for me. Besides that Screen Tearing i have every where else the Same stable performance as before the Patch. Exception is of course new London scenery.

1 Like

Graphic wise at launch this Sim was above all others. Should fix the core before loading it up with “eye candy”. It’s like slapping lipstick on a pig now

1 Like

Thanks very much for your advice. My Bing Data is normally On, but the Update had turned it off by Default. How the heck did they programme it to do that I wonder. You couldn’t make it up. Thanks again, mine is now back to normal. hopefully, not famous last words.

Thanks Mort. The Update had turned off my Bing Data. Now turned back On and I am pleased to say have got back the ‘real’ world below my aircraft.
Thanks again, you have lowered my blood pressure!

1 Like