Beechcrat King Air 350i No WX Radar

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

No WX Radar In The kingAir.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load the kinAir

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if releva

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

No WX Radar on The KingAir.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Unfortunately, because the King Air 350i is equipped with a G3X, you will not have access to the WX radar. Your best bet is to install the PMS GTN750 Mod which replaces the G3X MFD with a Garmin 750. There you at least have access to NEXRAD, which isn’t the same as having a weather radar.

Since this isn’t a bug, but an actual limitation based upon Asobo’s decision to use the G3X in lieu of more likely FMS such as the ProLine 21, this post is being moved to #self-service:aircraft-systems.

1 Like

Should you desire to participate, there are some ongoing Wishlists associated with the King Air and the avionics decision:

Sorry if this is not the site, but let’s talk about the KING AIR 350i - Textron Aviation

Why does it seem to be the last in line, or is it not planned to do anything to this wonderful plane?
Someone in a forum that is already closed in 2021 said that the King 350I does not come from the factory with a weather radar, well, it not only comes with the radar but it is also a standard within its aircraft sales items.
more information here:

https://beechcraft.txtav.com/-/media/beechcraft/files/brochure/king_air_350i_brochure.ashx