Been pretty quiet so far but it needs to be said

The clicking sound comes from the trim, either from the Autopilot or your manual input, plus they added more clicking sounds to the interaction in the cockpit, like anything you touch with the mouse makes a click, very annoying

1 Like

To be fair they didnā€™t shove some xbox version down our throats. Msfs DRASTICALLY NEEDED itā€™s system demands fixed. What they did do though, is bring things implemented in the Xbox version over to pc by default, i assume because they simply didnā€™t have time to split the differences. But more importantly in their rush they only introduced more issues, and Iā€™m not talking about the trivial button pop ups. Iā€™m taking about crashes. Thereā€™s no question that all of this is troubling, especially when we can all see how good of a sim this can be.

11 Likes

Whoever you worked for, it wasnā€™t Microsoft.

Asobo screws a lot of stuff up, no lieā€¦ But seriously man, you have never worked for a GIANT if you donā€™t know what its like to be told your code is going live on the 27th working or not.

Blame MS, Iā€™m sure Asobo isnā€™t picking these timelines. I guarantee Asobo doesnā€™t decide when things go live on XBOX

You all love Jorg and his smiling face flipping through the comments in the QAā€™sā€¦ Jorg is the one who works for the beast, and you can tell because heā€™s the one who smiles.

Everyone else is in programmer hell.

I get that youā€™re irritated, but point it at the right entity.

17 Likes

Waitā€¦ so you want all of us who gained massive performance boost with SU5 that makes the sim very, very enjoyable for us, when ours are running just fineā€¦ to go back to what for many of us had been a frustrating, seemingly futile and endless effort to get the simulator to work in an enjoyable mannerā€¦ to appease the much smaller percentage of users who are experiencing some troubles with it? Iā€™m having a hard time understanding how that would be ā€œthe best business decisionā€? For who? You? :face_with_monocle:

22 Likes

Definitely agree the sim needed an upgrade and better performance, I did mean that. But yeah itā€™s just full of bugs, more than ever.

3 Likes

Yes for me and whoever chooses to. You can choose not to revert. Thatā€™s what I meant :slight_smile:
It feels we are not given a choice despite all the wishes of the community.

4 Likes

To be fair, it does run a lot smoother.

But there are a lot of important things that were broken in this patch. So I get that youā€™re happier with it, but that doesnā€™t mean its fixed.

I like the new performance tooā€¦ But a lot of things I count on arenā€™t working at all.

Just because youā€™re happy doesnā€™t mean its all good.

6 Likes

Oh, okay. Do we know, then, if the major rework of the simulator engine resulted in changes to how it communicates with the Azure servers to any degree which would have a negative impact on performance for everyone?

1 Like

Thatā€˜s the reason why i wouldnā€˜t get too attached to this sim. Because itā€˜s being watched closely for itā€˜s (economic) performance and donā€˜t you think that it wonā€˜t be dumped into the bin if it doesnā€˜t Match the expectations any longer.

Thatā€˜s the reason it exists in the first place. Because some Corporate egg head found out that the niche they had abandoned once is still going strong, and Even More so has developed into a thriving and financially viable eco system with more participants than ever before! So thereā€˜s dollars to be made (again) until there isnā€˜t, until there is again!

4 Likes

Remember Microsoft Flight?

7 Likes

For me the worse part are the CTDs and the buggy Control Options and controls themselves. Air temperatures at high altitudes makes it impossible to climb above FL160 and performance goes out the window for the aircraft when using live weather. Not realistic at all. Also everything looks slightly overexposed and LODs are broken. I have a high end system, nothing in the community folder and I keep my system pretty tidy. Lots of people are having serious issues. Also notice the lack of release notes and lack of responce from the negative feedback.

5 Likes

Just because Iā€™m happy or have said the things Iā€™ve said doesnā€™t mean I think itā€™s all good, or good for everyone. Thatā€™s not how I, or most other people, operate. There are only a couple things Iā€™ve found that are not behaving as expected since the update, but they arenā€™t enough to ruin my immersion. Iā€™ve been using Flight Simulator since FS4 and have had every version since. I had a career in IT and was programming back when the Commodore VIC20 was a big thing. I have zero doubt that Asobo and MS will tie up the little loose ends. Theyā€™ve done an amazing job thus farā€¦as irritating as MSFS had been for me. Theyā€™ve gotten this far, and theyā€™ll go much further and exceed your own expectations.

3 Likes

The release notes were available to read by clicking a button at the bottom of the screen during the update download, which you and everyone else who updated most certainly had plenty of time to click and read. It was also posted in the same place it always is. Iā€™m not sure where youā€™re coming from on that one.

where is it now?

It doesnā€™t report altitude accurately to external sources, so those of us that use VATSIM, IVAO, and PilotEdge are kinda hung out to dry.

A flight sim that canā€™t calculate altitude in non standard atmosphere (thats pretty much every day except the perfect day) isnā€™t really doing a good job simulating the atmosphere.

Its a rather GIANT oversight.

5 Likes

Do you know all of the details of why that particular issue began with this update? Are you aware of what the developers are aware of with regard to that? How do you know it was an oversight?

Thatā€™s more a commercial than actual release notes. But thanks for the link! The known issues are more interesting to see and informative of how broken then sim is than anything else.

Thanks.

I donā€™tā€¦

But I know it was working fab last week.

And now it isnā€™t working fab.

Look, I know that for a non-pilotā€¦ the fact that the atmosphere isnā€™t actually behaving right is a minor annoyanceā€¦ But for those of us that expect Flight Simulator to Simulate Flightā€¦ its pretty major. Altimetry isnā€™t some tertiary excursion into stuff we donā€™t worry much about.

Altimetry is pretty much the main thing.

If you had a boat simulator that couldnā€™t calculate if you were 30feet below the surface or 30 feet above, I expect youā€™d be troubled by that, am I right?

8 Likes

Thanks for your summary and well written comment.

I am not a pilot but have been keen flight sim user since Psion Flight Sim many, many years ago. I also work in software/IT. I have also registered just to post this.

I donā€™t understand why PC users had to be impacted so much for this Xbox downgrade, why could they not have been separated? we have crossplay already with Xbox and PS?

What is the absolute worst is downgrading the graphics, changing the UI so LOD appears same but is drastically reduced and hiding this away - rather than just allowing this to be different for PC and Xbox.

Iā€™ve already edited my user.cfg to increase LOD and right protected it to prevent FS changing it - itā€™s not fixed the pop-in and buildings still look melted or like toy-town flying over London - but with a decent PC, Iā€™d rather have better visuals than 10-20 extra FPS.

The only other time I can think of a company crippling their products in this was was with Apple and the battery fiasco!

PS: I missed out about the approx. 12hour download and the many, many CTDs that I have also experienced. I have no idea why MS couldnā€™t have figured out how to use a CDN and added proper logging (like XP) so we can see if an addon or something else is causing the problem.

PPS: Having the GPU run at 95%+ on the update screen is also absolutely ridiculous! WHY?

8 Likes