Been pretty quiet so far but it needs to be said

I mean…they could put it in plain black and white text in a notepad file if that would make it seem less “commercial”.

They should have a way of validating Marketplace content for updates, and block unvalidated content from loading so it doesn’t crash the sim. Better have stripped down game than unplayable game.

4 Likes

As PablodNinja noted, it was working great before this update. It isn’t now. Just because it’s working for you or you are complacent with the new “features”, doesn’t mean it works for everyone.

3 Likes

It’s unclear from your post who you’re referring to.

I would just take issue with “little loose ends”. Ive been using MSFS since it first released and throughout, CTDs have been a major issue, with it becoming even more of an issue as of late. And I dont think a game that constantly crashes for what seems a huge portion of its users is a little loose end. Especially when the issue seems to have spanned the life of the product so far. Which is usually an indication that the devs themselves cant figure out the cause.

3 Likes

Nothing I’ve said here would indicate to a reasonable, critically-thinking individual that I’m a non-pilot or that I don’t take the realism of my simulator experience seriously. It’s not a minor annoyance to me, either.

For as long as I can remember, many simmers have dreamed of having such a high-resolution recreation of the entire planet readily available to them on a small box that fits on or under a desk that they could not only fly around in, but fly around in the most realistic manner possible. Here we are in 2021 with the first tangible iteration of such a dream, and so I expect that it won’t be perfect all at once.

MS/Asobo had to rework a major part of the simulator engine to get it to run more smoothly across an endlessly diverse array of systems. With that comes the reality that many things that were working properly before are going to have to be changed to fit the reworked engine, and given the sheer multitude of factors in the simulator needed to make it a true representation of real life (sans the gravitational sensation), it’s pretty safe to say that the likelihood of getting all of those things in at the deadline for release was slim to none.

Part of being a pilot is having immense patience…moreso than most people.

4 Likes

Most likely not enough time or man power.

I misquoted…

Feel pretty much the exact opposite, i love the update and have never enjoyed FS more then i have in the last 24hrs. Sucks for those not having a great time but considering 90% of the problems people were running into yesterday that required similar posts were either OE, a simple options setting or previous hotkey changes that conflicted with new hotkeys.
The only consolation i will give is that Asobo should have placed a splash screen explaining Locked Vs Legacy controls.

3 Likes

That is where we disagree.

When you give up accuracy to create ‘flavor’ you’re not simulating you’re gaming.

2 Likes

Without a quote I have no idea what “that” is. :woman_shrugging:

Pretty much everything you said in the previous post. Requoting it was going to be messy, so I didn’t do it.

Having important systems not work so that the eyecandy can work is contrary to what I (and others) need it to be.

Semantics - “gaming” - “Simulating”
Have you ever used an external view
Paused
taken off without clearance
changed the weather

This is as silly as the PC vs Console garbage, at least come up with something legit to complain about.

5 Likes

Thanks for contributing.

Oh please… stop with that kind of misinformation. You can say a lot, but not that we censor or silence negative feedback. Have a look at the forum.

The thing we do remove is unconstructive ranting and name calling, yes. But not one negative experience that gets reported is removed if the post itself is civil.

Get your facts straight.

25 Likes

The previous quote?

Sounds like laziness to me. Anyway I’ve said all that I need to say on the subject, and your passive aggressive insinuations are not only boring but are also unnecessary. So with that in mind, I’m going to say good night.

So…good night. :v:

good night.

This version brought a huge FPS update, thats crucial to the game for most users and being awaited for months. I don’t want to stay with inferior performance just to avoid some minor aesthetic issues of some individual players.

2 Likes

Psych 101 much?

Concerning the clicking sound: I have this, too. I have an analog axis bound to the elevator trim. This axis is jittering a bit, this triggers the clicking sound of the electric trim buttons. Trim wheel and the buttons seem to be bound in some way. I have to look at this in more detail…

1 Like