Been pretty quiet so far but it needs to be said

As I said earlier, you could choose. If they only gave us the option to choose. You could choose to keep this version with more FPS and inferior so called “features”. And many others myself included could choose to stay with something that was working until better performance was achieved.

So many things needed more attention and fixes than changing the whole mapping of controls to give you just one example. Also lots of CTDs for so many users.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it tho. Many of us aren’t. Good for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree 100%. I’ve been flying almost every day since release. Since the “update” I haven’t even taken off once. I miss it!
I just left them an honest 1 star review on the MS Store page (which I’ll happily increase again once this mess is cleaned up) and canceled my Game Pass subscription.
Until then, I’ll just try to have my voice heard on Zendesk, here and unfortunately I’ll have to find something else to occupy me in the meantime.

2 Likes

You should be happy that you could download the update to quickly. I’m on 100 mbps line and already 1 day in on downloading 40 GB…

The sim was already released to paying customers nearly a year ago. As a flight simmer since 95 and a previous RW pilot until it got too $$, I’d MUCH rather have the SU delayed by days, weeks, or even months to get it right. I think the Xbox release date and Xbox focus screwed this up for the PC users, some who which have been waiting over a decade for a decent sim, spent thousands of $$ on a new gaming PC solely to play this sim.

10 Likes

I’m not sure why that response was directed to me. I agree with you.

Yes I agree with you. Money hungry for X Box.

Maybe X box will mean more attention in the long run maybe they will dump the PC genre as too hard who knows…

Just a heads up, please engage in a civil manner with the damage control team. I’ve seen some of them stir up enough trouble to get topics closed.

2 Likes

Silencing the community only makes the matters worse and frustration will build up.
But yeah it needs to be civilized without name calling and swearing

With SU5 i have Many ctd. i would Prefer su4.

2 Likes

It’s in the release notes…

Cockpit interactions

Added the new “Lock” interaction system:

• Set active by default but can be reverted to “Legacy” in Options / General Options / Accessibility.
  • Tooltips are now displaying the instrument name, instrument values, and controls (dynamic depending of the device in use)
  • Using the cursor or the camera center pointer, you can highlight any interactive cockpit instrument.
  • Once highlighted, you can interact with the instrument:
    • If the instrument is simple (buttons, 2 positions switches), tapping Xbox Controller A or Mouse left button will interact with it.
      If the instrument is complex (knobs, levers…), tapping Xbox Controller A or holding Mouse left button will lock on it.
    • Once locked on an instrument, you can:
      • Use primary (Xbox Controller A/ Mouse left button), secondary (Xbox Controller X/ Mouse right button) or tertiary (Xbox Controller Y/ Mouse middle button) interactions.
      • Increase/ decrease the instrument (Xbox Controller LT/ RT or Mouse wheel)
      • Use gestures (Xbox Controller left stick or Mouse movements)
      • Unlock the instrument (Xbox Controller B or release Mouse left button)
1 Like

The Menus bug with the time of day not sticking is surely something beta testers would’ve noticed, the Quality Control at Asobo is very poor, every patch yields schoolboy errors that should never of seen the light of day!

3 Likes

???

Yes it talks about the new “features” added. Doesn’t talk about what’s been fixed. As I mentioned before it’s more a commercial than anything. But the known issues are more informative of how broken the sim is than this so called release notes. But thanks for the link. :slight_smile:

What annoys me more than the fact Asobo produced and MS published this half baked update that promised to be all things to all men, PC and XBox user alike, and ended up failing both is that one can come on here and voice legitimate concerns and detail precise bugs and failures and get shouted down by the fans that either don’t have any of these issues or else choose to ignore them and be told we’re wrong. I’m loathe to draw parallels with the pandemic however it does make you realise that society has gone to hell in a handcart and perhaps we deserve everything we get. Maybe we should all get out more.

6 Likes

plus community and marketplace add ons that haven’t been updated yet. There should be no surprise that they cause issues given the scale of the upgrade.

This whole “downgrade for xbox” narrative is just plain wrong and tiresome. The conspiracy theories and theorists abound. What are people so afraid of? That others will enjoy their hobby too? Can’t have that can we? “It’s mine. All mine. Go away and play on your silly console”.

I mean really. People need to take a step back and look at themselves and what they post here. It tells you a lot about them as a person and as a human being.

If this update helps to get rid of some of these elements of this “community” then it will have achieved something positive at least.

7 Likes

The mods are not suppressing negative feedback and as long as a post doesn’t violate CoC rules it doesn’t get removed. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion. :+1:

5 Likes

Yes. I also have this impression and like it.

Let’s face it, what we have now is an open beta test phase.

4 Likes

Guys, lets try and be a little bit more productive when reporting issues. I am not a MS/Asobo apologost, and I do believe this version has some serious faults (I have never had a crash to desktop before but on this version I have been able to not just get crashes, but also reproduce the actions consistantly). Also other downgrades.

However, rather than just moaning, here, frustrating as it may seem, why not actually try and report in as much detail (using screenshots, or event logs) to Zendesk, or even in the bugs section here.

Most devs are actually proud of their work, and really genuinely want to fix faults, but we do need to help them, and just saying this is broken without going into detail does not really help.

5 Likes

I respectfully disagree. I worked for some of these companies (not MS) and we never just released code cause it’s deadline. Never.
Sometimes you kill features or reprioritize, at worst deadlines slip, but quality has to be preserved.
You have a brand to protect, customers to keep happy, and bad code has a cost downstream.
It’s bad business.

Does it happen from time to time? Yes.
But it’s not the industry standard and Microsoft knows better.

They have the talent, the processes, the systems in place to do proper program management.

How this happened is probably due to the articulation with an external dev team.

OP is right, they need to get their stuff together.

Asobo: Please do proper QA testing. Please do not waste your customer’s time.

7 Likes