Been pretty quiet so far but it needs to be said

This is like a nightmare. What dream have we been living on?
I was so happy as to how this sim was evolving. Now this?

All the money I spent in the Marketplace on airports and what not for what? for this? At least keep the PC version clean.

Man I hope you are wrong :frowning:

2 Likes

Why everyone is hating the new cockpit interaction so much makes me wonder a little bit.
Before there was only a mouse cursor flickering and sometimes it was not even clear if my virtual fingers were grabbing the first or second control wheel of some Garmin instrument for example.

Some instruments Boeing or Airbus have a control wheel for let´s say map zoom with another wheel on top of that for altitude or whatever, and on top of these two wheels another control element in form of some kind of coolie hat button - it was never clear which one of these tiny control elements a the flickering mouse cursor was grabbing and controlling right now.

Now everything is beautyfully marked with a colour that my virtual fingers are grabbing with a percentage indicator how much I interact with the controls.

There are several dozen buttons in every cockpit, and every time the aircraft shakes a little bit while flying the mouse cursor was over another button beneath or to the left or right. Having only the tiny flickering mouse cursor to interact with the cockpit was a little bit annoying.
Now there is a clear coloured indicator which cockpit button my virtual hand is “grabbing” and pressing - I like that.
Interaction with the cockpit is so much better now, and every switch from light switches to throttle levers now show exactly in percent for example how high the throttle or the mixture setting currently is - I think this is PERFECT.

For the other graphics-related issues said in this topic I haven´t had time yet to check if there are lower quality trees or lower quality airport and ground textures and other things because my focus is always on the airplanes and the cockpit realism and the visuals of the airplanes (and of course how awesome the clouds look like - and if the clouds nebulas rain and weather quality is not degrading or dumbed down for FPS but perfectly rendered in all it´s eye candy glory).

1 Like

not to mention the problems trimming aircraft.
it has become very difficult to deal with trim, some airplanes are extremely slow to react, other skyrocket or plummet to earth with a single trim input.

this is something that you, as a software dev like me, you reckon that such a simple and easy thing to detect cannot escape any quality gate control.
so things are two…or it did not get detected by any quality control, which I doubt, or it was released in this way as “good enough and we have another JIRA task to fix it later”.

The trimming wheel now also has a percentage indicator to see exactly how the trim is set :wink:

But answer me this:

When it comes to playing/living with a high fidelity simulator like MSFS or DCS/BMS etc, what would your go to platform of choice be - PC or console?

The point i (and many others) make is not that console players ‘suck’ I am console player too. But there are horses for courses and high fidelity sims are not cut out for consoles and trying to crowbar them together for this type of game is sub optimal, particually from a UI and fidelity perspective.

I would also add there are some games where it works really well (ie, there is no discernable impact on PC or console users) such as War Thunder. But that is (from a UI perspective particually) a fairly simple (and obvious) game to make cross platform compatible.

Please don’t take (at least what i am saying) as an attack against ‘console users’ as it just isnt.

6 Likes

Try completely removing the fbw a320 if you’re getting crashes. It was my only addon and as soon as i did the crashes stopped.

I dont take any of what you said there to be offensive at all, but some posts on here have been pathetic regarding how console players want to use the SIM. I’ve spent the first day trying to fly the a320, IFR,ILS basically practicing getting from A to B. I’m a self confessed aviation geek and I would say I’m not alone on the console. Not all of us want to just do barrel rolls on a dreamliner. The majority on here are decent but there’s definitely an element of snobbery when it all boils down to it. I could get myself a PC if I wanted, but at this moment in time it isn’t for me

4 Likes

I’ve got nothing in the Community folder. I get CTD while rebinding the controls which they completely destroyed with this ridiculous new default scheme, what a joke.

Meanwhile Xbox users are all cheerful crashing onto buildings and doing barrel roll back flips with a 787 that’s been a joke since day one. How long will it last until they get bored.
→ this is an absolutely true psychological aspect that cannot be ignored. Some XBox users will be very pleased with the sim and develop a big interest in aviation. But I assume that 90% or more of gamers who have nothing to do with avionics, flight engineering, and piloting… will just have a quick look at the new flight sim, do some dumb and stupid arcade-trash for a few minutes with random airplanes without showing any interest in the cockpits, the engineering physics of planes, the engines and turbines, navigation or ANYTHING related with aviation, try to fly into some sky scrapers for fun, get quickly bored and annoyed from the lack of explosions after noticing that no simpleton-arcade-trash is implemented in a flight simulator, and say after half an hour “well well, yaaaawn, so this is the new flight sim. Pff whatever. I am going to uninstall it and continue my multiplayer shooters…”

Only the hardcore PC community, true simmers real-world-pilots and “wannabe-pilots” like me (I could never afford my own Cessna or even to rent one or be with a real flight club!) will stay forever, stay true and will stay faithful and devoted to flight simming forever :wink:

2 Likes

Are u rebinding in game or at the menu?
Also do you have the fbw installed AT ALL.

I really hope it to be like that and it’s a very plausible scenario.
the sooner the better.

In both scenarios it crashes about 50% of the time. Also every time I turn the controller while the sim is running a new XINPUT Game Pad is created and I can’t delete it (it detects a “new controller” while it’s the same, I have only one). The Control Options is bugged like an ant’s nest, most of my bindings do nothing as their context is bugged and conflicts with the new bindings they created. Just rubbish. At least allow the option for legacy default bindings. The Legacy option in the Acceptability menu does not revert the default bindings. They created new Bindings for the default profile that is the worse thing I’ve ever seen.

I’m the same my dude.

I chuckled! :laughing:

This is so true, couldn’t have said it better.

Yes fully understand and it is an edgy subject (and emotive to boot atm).

So long as I haven’t caused offense as that’s the last thing I want to do here.

There are ways and means of informing Asobo of flaws etc without stereotyping and offending people and I dont want to fall into that category.

For me, my hope is that the sim can be effective for PC users and for console users - without compromise to either.

A previous post inferred this was possible and as a non expert it does seem like its not beyond the wit of man.

I think Asobo have just made some bad calls on configuration and UI that they need to roll back and try again on and I think that is really what is upsetting the PC user community.

I think the emotion comes from a fear that this is ‘the shape of things to come’ rather than a bump in the road that will be addressed (and quickly). This is of course compounded by their failure to ensure people update the correct way (by making that info clear to all - I woudlnt have even known there was an update, let alone to clear my community folder if it wasn’t for someone posting it in 320 Sim Pilots discord group) , making the download effective and quick and the high number of bugs and gremlins in the system is just adding fruition.

Comms silence from Asobo (even if only to quash the rumour mill and provide some clarity) will not help matters.

Happy flying :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The future of flight sim, bunch of planes crashing onto each other and destroying buildings. W*TF! haha

1 Like

And some say console players are just kids,after reading this thread i beg to differ.

3 Likes

There’s definitely some really ridiculous takes on how Xbox users want to use the SIM. Verging on deluded. It’s almost as if that type of person dosnt exist in the PC, which I know as a fact to be nonsense, yet it only seems to be console players that labelled. Odd

4 Likes

You got that right

1 Like

Aint that the truth, ‘idiots’ are definitely platform agnostic and coss compatible :wink:

7 Likes

Hmmm. I think past year proved they can’t.

I think they’re simply in over their heads. Clearly they’ve been adding a ton of features for XBox whilst neglecting the bugs. And now we have a ton of bugs extra.

4 Likes