Beta Signup is Live [Now Closed]

Doesn’t matter if you have 30 years experience. How much effort will it take to verify each beta tester against criteria like this beforehand? At the end of the day each beta tester paid for the same product as you and therefore their views are equally as important.

4 Likes

I would suggest reading the MS post again. They don’t want beta testers specifically to find bugs. They want beta testers to test performance. That’s what their post said. Most likely to avoid the performance issues encountered after the last World Update.

I highly doubt they will fix any bugs found by beta testers unless they are critical. That’s also proven in the timelines since the testers will only begin their work 1 week before release.

Reading the posts on this thread, the almost wild speculative assumptions are just laying the groundwork for more unrealistic complaints post release.

3 Likes

Thanks for your subjective opinion about the goals pursued by MS with their beta testing. I would also suggest to you that you too read the MS post again - and perhaps request some insider knowledge which you can share here.
See MS post:
“More information on the specifics of the testing goals will be shared with those chosen to participate.”

As to your definition that a massive performance degradation that can be fixed by a patch is not a bug - we can simply agree to disagree.

You are of course, like other forum members, entitled to post as many subjective opinions, deductions, etc as you wish. I do not agree with those you post here because I believe we will have to wait to see how it works out.

P.S. If you do not like a post, you can simply agree to disagree or use the mute function.

Even if it is just for performance you still need a diverse pc build tester base. Anyway, this is just a meaningless beta branch as far as I can see. They could have handpicked the fist few hundred people then opening up more spots in time.

How far can you see from where we are now? It hasn’t even started and people talk it to trash… :man_facepalming:

I’m pretty sure there would have been again people complaining why they picked them the way they did.
300 isn’t a small number, you certainly will get a quite diverse crowd in there.

A question to ask yourself: Would your opinion be different if you had gained a slot (if you didn’t)?

1 Like

Because the requirements are zero to enter beta.

Nope, because beta will not make the sim experience any better. Most likely even worse for most. (including me) Ending up with 3 versions installed aint my preference.

How come? If you don’t want to deal with it, don’t participate in the beta and the worst thing that could happen is that everything stays the same.

The best thing that could happen is a smooth WU4 just because there are enough dedicated people in this community taking opportunities as they come.

All this negativity sometimes leaves me speechless.

2 Likes

Because I have two versions installed already. And if you are in beta, changes are the build will use new data.

Just an FYI - Beta testers will not have three versions installed. The most you could have is two.

The beta is provided via an update to the MS store (including Xbox game pass) version. So you are able to run the beta MS store version alongside the live Steam version, if you happened to have both.

You cannot install the Beta MS store version and the live Ms store version along side each other, it’s either or.

Of course if you do not own the MS store version and/or do not have Xbox game pass, then you are unable to participate in the beta at this stage. But this may change in the future after this initial test of beta testing!

1 Like

That’s not anyone’s issue, you made that choice deliberately.

No. Please read the Beta instructions, they contain all the information you need.

1 Like

I feel like we all are Beta testers after all :joy:

Correct! :slight_smile:

My opinion is the same as it was (long) before, tests should be done by capable people who know what they talk about. (And no that doesn’t include me, unless they need a programmer)

My point was not negative, it was about why bother with a beta if your selection criteria is none? People wanted a beta for the numerous specific (flight, weather behaviour, physics etc. etc. You get the point) problems that where in release builds.

Can’t believe the negative comments from people who have clearly not even bothered to read the information provided (almost certainly the same people complaining about a lack of communication from Asobo).

To be clear, this is a small test of the testing capability:

The focus is on performance issues/feedback:

It replaces the existing MS Store version of the sim - and that is the free choice of everyone who wants to participate - don’t like it? Don’t participate

You can go back to the previous version if you change your mind

If only people would actually read!

2 Likes

Then your way of phrasing it is a bit strange. All I could see is negativity instead of seeing a possible positive effect of it.

Why not bother? Even in a random user sample of this size you’ll find people who know flight models, weather details, have various PC setups etc.
There will be peoply flying GA in VFR for short trips, people flying airliners IFR for hours. People with many addons installed and people without any.

People first and foremost wanted a beta to not run into major performance issues that we’ve seen after the last update. And as you can read, this beta specifically targets this item.
I’m pretty sure if there are game breaking issues found aside of performance/stability, they’ll be addressed. But the main focus is simply different than you expected for whatever reason.

1 Like

I’ll just stay with my opinion, they could have handpicked a startup group and work up from there. If that is negative so be it. And again, not me personaly, i’m far from the right candidate.

I’ll just refer to this post which has some good arguments about this ‘beta test’. Discussion: April 1st, 2021 Development Update - #12 by SPowell42

1 Like

No way to please everyone, this way will either work or it won’t.

Looking forward to seeing how this testing goes, what we are asked to look for, how the feedback is managed, etc etc.

2 Likes

…which has already been addressed here:

Those people ■■■■■■ they missed the slot… This is delightful. :popcorn:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.