Big Radials Noorduyn Norseman released

Out now:

4 Likes

Now when I am leaving for two weeks?

Thanks for a heads up!

1 Like

It’s quite a charming plane, and a bit of a handful, especially when fully loaded. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Those are some beefy landing gear!

This is the bush tires variant. I was flying from Ketchikan around the area before landing on a dirt strip nearby.

Is there a floats variant? There has to be a floats variant, right?

Yep, of course.

Great! I hadn’t seen any screenshots of it yet I don’t think, and there have been several aircraft released for the sim by other devs where I would have thought a float version was a no-brainer but none appeared, so now I’m anxious about such things.

From their discord

1 Like

Heh, I’m actually on their Discord but I guess I never look at the screenshots channel because I thought it was all customer/user shots and not anything for products in development.

Available now, for only US$20! Plus they reduced the prices on their other planes too.

1 Like

Not one interior shot on their product page. Not a chance I’m going to take a risk on this without at least seeing the cockpit.

1 Like

There are some interior shots on the stormbirds blog preview.

But indeed weird choice on that regard.

Grt M

1 Like

Can’t find a single image on orbx or the developers website showing the cockpit. Only exterior shots.

And the cowling still looks wrong to me on the outside

2 Likes

Twitch streamer ChillMays bought and flew the Norseman earlier. He had planned to fly the Maule but since that was only released on XBox, he ended up flying the Islander, then when the Norseman was released, he flew that. So you can see the cockpit. He only found out towards the end that there is a pulldown GPS from the visor.

2 Likes

I’m on my tablet so I don’t have any cockpit pics handy, but if you’ve flown the Goose, you’ll get a good idea of the overall look and quality of the modeling.

8 Likes

That CRT ‘tablet’ is brilliant :joy:

3 Likes

The sound alone is worth picking it up =) I think visually it’s so far, the best plane by Big Radials. The cockpit is absolutely fantastic. It’s also nice to fly and easy to takeoff and land.

The only issues visually I’ve seen so far are that the cowling shape seems to be a bit off, and the prop hub looks like it would in the feathered position (normally the hydraulic cylinder would be extended). And there seems to be a small texture issue around the air intake on the right side of the cowling.
Another thing is that the oil temperature rises very quickly on the ground.

I feel like Big Radials is more about the fun and the overall experience, so the cowling shape & prop don’t really bother me too much. Overall, it’s a very nice plane and I’m sure I’ll have a lot of fun with it =)

I’m currently uploading a video with it, which should be ready in a couple of hours. If anybody is interested, I can post a link when it’s ready.

4 Likes