Biting the bullet and migrating from Xbox to PC - A Journal

I run the 7900 XTX and a 7800X3D. I have no issues with addon large airports and high fidelity aircraft in 4K Ultra with FSLTL. I don’t use GSX but I don’t imagine it would be an issue, either.

I have my object and terrain LOD set to 175 or so and get a solid 30-40fps on the ground in the most demanding scenery and 50-60+ while in the air depending on what I am flying over. This is using DX11 and no frame generation.

To get a guaranteed 60fps+ on the ground in the most demanding situations with addon aircraft and airports, I’d say the 4090 and/or a GPU with DLSS3 frame gen would be the best bet. But flight sim works great a 30-50 fps, looks better than the Xbox, and is more stable too.

A few things I noticed about moving to Xbox just to help set your mind at ease:

• You will immediately notice the lack of lag with mouse movements in the menus. It’s a small thing, but it’s shocking how nice it feels coming from the micro-laggy console.

• LODs are significantly better. Small things like cars in parking lots generally have minimal to no pop-in. I can move from a following view to a side view and scenery is consistently there. I tried this the first time over Manhattan and I was impressed.

• I’ve been on PC for 3 months with a similar setup and put maybe 100 hours into MSFS. I have gotten no black screens and one CTD, and that crash was after exiting a flight back to the home menu.

• I sometimes get the occasional micro-stutter, but this isn’t common and usually resolves by itself. I usually get them when running the FSLTL injector. I did have major stutters once when flying the Longitude on approach into IniBuilds KOKC, but I determined it was from rolling cache. After disabling rolling cache, the stutters disappeared at that airport.

Of course, each setup is different and there are more possible points where issues can arise on PC, such as drivers, hardware faults, or software settings. But you won’t have issues related to raw power with your setup, that’s for sure.

2 Likes