Black Square Analog Beechcraft Bonanza A36 / G36

This addon looks superb just like their King Air that I bought. However I can’t help but think it looks very identical to the King Air in the cockpit. I know they are both made by Beechcraft but it would be nice to see more differences in colors, materials etc. I mean it’s almost a copy/paste job by Black Square to be honest.

The C172 sound pack by Boris is absolutely amazing and adds so much immersion. Add the WBsim C172 and it is a match made in heaven. I wish Brois would make a sound set for the Bonanza, it would be amazing.

5 Likes

I’ve not yet bought this Bonanza but I have noticed that there is a cabin mod on .to that looks pretty decent and might appeal to you. Black panel and cream seats I think.

1 Like

I will repost it, sometime it s hard to find again some stuff like interior etc I never get on the right section on flight sim.to, I had to find it back by searching directly at JayDee s productions -_-
maybe flightsim. to should make the “cockpit addition” section more visible instead of being the last item, I just realised …

2 Likes

Hopefully, once the new sounds have been identified, they will be added in 3D space with Wwise, as opposed to just being thrown in as independent wav files.

2 Likes

Those are no high performance LED car spotlights but aircraft landing lights. They are basically there so you are seen by others. You don‘t see much with aircraft lights yourself. The taxi lights might illuminate a couple of meters in front of the nose but certainly not much either. Airports that are certified for night operation are lit up enough. In reality…

2 Likes

I’m having trouble finding a copy of the POH for the turbo version. Anyone have one?

1 Like

Just trying to set it up like the ones I’ve seen. Got to be able to see the ground before you hit it.

The turbonormalizer is an aftermarket thing so I don’t think a POH would exist that includes it. I’m happy to be proven wrong though.

1 Like

I think there was a factory A36TC turbo model but that hasn’t been around for a long time. Correct me if I’m wrong but only iteration that’s been available recently is the aftermarket modification.

The term to search for would be “flight manual supplement” for that STC. I believe the turbonormalizer mod is made by Tornado Alley.

Actually just found something:

3 Likes

Awesome, nice find!

Another question: There is not currently a discord server for Black Square / Just Flight, correct? Just double checking as I’m not finding anything

There is a Just Flight Steam Gauge Overhaul forum covering the Black Square analog products but I wasn’t able to locate a Discord.

no unfortunately they don’t use discord, if you want to get in touch for report, suggest or ask anything, the best way is to ask contact to JFsupport

Although it has been 30 years since I made a night landing (inactive pilot), I distinctly remember seeing the landing light on the runway at maybe 50’ AGL. Enough to tell I was getting close. In the sim, it seems like it is maybe 10’ AGL. In the sim, the airports that are certified for night operations are not lit up - the runway is a black hole. So, if the runways aren’t lit, it would be nice if the airplane’s landing lights could provide some dim illumination prior to flaring. JMHO.

3 Likes

Other than the steam gauges and the state saving, how does this differ from the G36 improvement mod?

I’d say much more complete and advanced engine, electrical and systems modelling. There are several in depth full flight YouTube videos of the Black Square Bonanza if you’re trying to decide on purchasing.

vor degradation, there are ton of failures that can occur randomly, be scheduled, or even triggered by external interfaces, multiple accurate checklist for normal and abnormal procedures, the aircraft also features climate control, three different aircraft (aspirated, tip-tank equipped, and turbocharged with tip tank) with according system simulated, hot-swappable avionics, and various improved or added sound effects, many textures reworked, like the ground, wich was very ugly in the asobo version ! didn’t flew the improvment mod that much but I thought he didn’t touch it

NOW how much would you pay? :slight_smile:

Night & Day. Completely different concept.

1 Like