Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul Baron 58

Not sure really if it’s the flight model itself or the turn coordinator that needs fixing but…

The aircraft flies in an uncoordinated fashion regardless of applied torque and wing incidence…the slip ball seems to be asking for the same amount of right rudder no matter if you are in climb or in cruise phase (which should be incorrect to begin with)…but anyway…once you give a ton of right rudder to center the ball then the aircraft just keeps rolling right.

Last tested in still air.

**EDIT - after a couple more flights I’ve also noticed an excessive climb rate of 2,500-3,000+fpm in the turbo version which can easily be maintained (I stopped at around 8,000ft but I could have kept going from there I think)…the real turbo Baron maxes out at around 1,700 fpm…so this feels like a rocket ship of sorts.

Quick question. Is there a version without winglets, and/or are they selectable?

Yes, there is a version without winglets, but this is normally aspirated and not pressurized.

Did a couple flights today. Does it seem like the engines take longer than they should to spool up? You apply power and it takes a while for them to respond.

Also this desperately NEEDS a custom sound set. The default sounds are terrible. Engines sound really flat, and the starter motor I swear is almost completely silent. Also overall they’re not as loud as I think they should be.

Other than that, fantastic plane as usual by BKSQ

5 Likes

Yes and yes. Agree :+1:t2:

4 Likes

for those wondering, on FSEconomy I have been able to fly the dreamfleet tip tank version, after editing a livery as following in the aircraft cfg :
title = “Beechcraft Baron 58 - tip tanks (Dreamfleet)”
tips tanks was working fine and no issue when refueling the aircraft

I finished a mod that allow the flame & the kenmore livery for both variant of the baron

1 Like

Perfect, thank you.

My mouse still will not turn the magnetos or starter, regardless as suggested here. It remains greyed out and unmovable. I must use the switch starter on the Alpha which tries to start both and fails. I can’t use this addon due to this issue :frowning:

Do the doors / windows / baggage compartments open?

try to, unbound your honeycomb starter switch, and let me know if the mouse is still not funccional, but that is so curious, I can’t see how it s possible you can’t interact with a click O_o can you take a screenshot of your mouse on the starter to see if at least it s blue / highlighted

2 Likes

no this add on use the default asobo exterior model and since they are not modeled as mobile part it s not possible to make them open

Why don’t the doors open?
Since this product uses the default exterior model for the Baron, it is beholden to the limitations
of that model. Nothing can be done to add this functionality to a model that doesn’t have it.
Mods that create opening doors for default aircraft, like the C152 and TBM-930, either already
have opening doors in the exterior model, or alter the exterior model, which cannot be
distributed as part of a paid product

Everything is possible. Just if you want to spend the time and energy on it is the question :wink:

EDIT: Oh, OK. Seen your edit. If there is some legal reason that is different. But technically they could cut the mesh, make elements separate and animate them and then use that model instead but I guess that is not legally allowed then.

1 Like

The turn coordinator works definately wrong. To keep the ball centered in a right turn you have to give left rudder, which is the opposite of how it should be.

1 Like

Technically they could make an entirely new 3d model too :stuck_out_tongue: that is obviously not what they set out to do though.

True that :wink:

Worked! I used another preset and got the mouse to work on the starter switch, thanks! But now I must toggle Avionics switch with the Honeycomb cause mouse won’t do that anymore lol! I’ll have to remap the Honeycomb. But now my engines will start spinning at startup but no oil pressure or rpm’s over 100. It doesn’t power-up no matter what. Just spins at 100rpm. ???

1 Like

it seems like you failed to start the engine, follow the checklist (full prop, throttle 1/2 in , fuel pump for 3 sec) lower a bit the throttle and crank the starter, then you should observe a rpm spike, if you have really hard time to start the engine, try with fuel pump to low and play with gaz while maintaining the starter, it s not the usual procedure but does the trick
ps : be sure your engine is in good condition by consulting your weather radar, the conditions menu should be accessible even with no avionic power, or not flooded (if flooded, you will need to lean the mixture, there is a checklist specific for this kind of issue)

1 Like

Thanks! I followed the checklist, but will try it again being more careful I guess.

Now available: first iteration of my Checklist & Procedure Guide and my Analog Baron Customization Pack.

The Pack contains 5 Mod Folders, each can be installed seperately and works on its own.

1. ZZJD - Baron Analog - 01 NoTurbo WL & T - 1.0 → makes a NonTurbo version with Winglets and Wet Wing Tanks available as an seperate Entity in the Aircraft Selection Menu

2. ZZJD - Baron Analog - 01 Turbo NoWL Tanks - 1.0 → makes a Turbo version without Winglets, without Pressure Cabin but with Wet Wing Tanks available as an seperate Entity in the Aircraft Selection Menu

3. ZZJD - Baron Analog - 02 CPM Black Creme - 1.0 → a recolored Cockpit, with a darker Panel and Black Seats and Creme Ceiling

4. ZZJD - Baron Analog - 02 CPM Less Glossy - 1.0 → this Mod makes the Cockpit Textures less glossy

5. ZZJD - Baron Analog - 09 Camera Cfg - 1.0 → this Mod sets the Pilot and Co-Pilot Camera View a little bit higher, so you can see better over the cowling.

Kind Regards
JayDee

7 Likes

Nope! Won’t start. Following checklist exactly, many times. It kicks over but won’t stay on. I even turned off failures, so nothing should be causing this. I’m confused and frustrated by this purchase so far. Maybe it’s a bad file install?