Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul Baron 58

Thanks JayDee.

This will give us even more variety and options :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t have this plane (yet) but symptoms sound much like when I have wrong fuel selector configuration for the type of plane set on my controller. Would that be possible for you? (Just throwing it out there :wink: )

2 Likes

yeah I guess you should more suspect something on your control than on the install … looking backward at your starter issues … but you can always try to redownload and perform a clean install, by uninstalling the aircraft using windows application manager, deleting all file that may remain in the community and reinstall

1 Like

I have never been able to start this plane or the Bonanza. I try every flight, follow the checklists, but they never start. Sometimes I might get a little stutter but then it conks out. I always end up with CTRL-E. In any event, I am not complaining. Both planes are a joy to fly and everything else seems to function correctly! Hang in there!

1 Like

Can you see fuel pressure/fuel flow when you start? Do you have any assistance options activatet? Do you use fsuipc or aao or something like that?

Works like a top here.

The above behaviour issomething I always see in the Bonanza, with just a half second or so of starter available on the mouse. Although CTRL E has been used, the last time I got it to turn over and start as advertised so I hope that as I get used to this a bit more, that I can make mouse starts more reliably. In FSX there was a shortcut for a twin start though I nevver used it. Does something similar exist for MSFS?

I get the Baron when next at the PC tomorrow and am thoroughly looking forward to it. Have just seen the Jonathan Becket review on Youtube and the sounds didnt seem bad at all, though obviously not as visceral as either the 414 or the 310R.

1 Like

Thanks! They’re both set to on as per checklist.

Engines are all on when starting at a runway and all seemed fine, set rpm to 1000, then the left engine just stopped and a warning on the annunciator Left Alt. Couldn’t restart left engine after many tries, so once again I walked away in frustration.
And I thought getting the PMDG 737 up and running was a bit of a learning curve, this makes that startup seem a breeze lol!

Yea something needs to be fixed about that…the plane is also over-powered during climb and also a bit on cruise as well.

When it says 2-3 secs on the fuel pump it really means it, apparently.( useful that you can hear them ). I always cycle mixture & rpm hardware before I start doing anything just to make sure it’s properly synced too, caught me out a few times in ths past. Have had a good start in the Baron every attempt so far.

I use a count of 5

I loving the Baron so far ,lots of fun! Love the steam gauges! My favorite GA at the moment. A2A Comanche, might change that. But until it’s out, this is my go to GA plane in this sim.

1 Like

Example . Cannot be done

ie you, as a Human, cannot edit a book written in an “outer space” Alien language. Its totally meaningless to you (ie Encrypted-- what do you change or know what you are changing ?? )

Your only option is to completely re-write a NEW book.

• I would like it if we could get the state of the KR87 and the KNS81 saved. I have to turn them off
    every time I fly.

• I also am having a hard time keeping the cabin comfortable.
    On the ground a few minutes ago the OAT was 88 I had the window open and the AC on and
    blower on High but the cabin temp climbed up to 109.

• I have to really open up the throttle to get it to initially move on the ground

1 Like

Cabin heat & air tooltiops are switched - if you check the actual dash they’re in the right place. Caught me out too. I don’t know about overrheating yet, where I’ve been flying it has the opposite problem…

I’ve been waiting for the drop in audible RPM to start levelling out - should really watch fuel pressure I guess :slight_smile:

Ice light makes for an especially cool view at night

3 Likes

I have no doubt, you got something conflicting on your controls (maybe a switch for left alternator set off ) or on your controller , worse case may be due to another add on…

I suggest you to try creating a fresh new controller profiles for the baron.
maybe try with controllers unplugged to see which one is the colrupt.

in case it s an add on conflict, the way to check this is only by emptying your community folder and see if issue persist, then bring back 50% of previously removed mods once you see the issue again, repeat the process by dividing the number of add on each time until you found the one causing the issue.

It would be great to get your issue sorted out in order to know what cause such issues

1 Like

Oh - RE: startup, don’t hold the starter on the mousewheel, move until the cursor is the right-hand circular arrow & click instead, that way you can hold the starter as long as you like.

2 Likes

Thanks Niko! I did create a whole new Baron profile from blank, with new issues like left alt warning and no left engine ignition. I’ll try starting with no addons as you recommend. Failing that, I’ll delete and reinstall. Failing that I’ll write this off as a bad debt (until a bug fix is issued).