Blackbox BN2 Islander Version 2.0 PC & Xbox Released in Marketplace

Most responses, I hope, are in the tone of “We moan because we care”, where good isn’t good enough. :slight_smile:

Yeah, you sync the engines and props by sound, not by having the levers even.

1 Like

there are no linkages or cable, it is a 3D Model based on a set of Variables …
You can if you wish set your controllers to have the appearance of different cables and linkages If you desire

2 Likes

I say :smiling_face: Steady on !!

2 Likes

Not sure if that’s aimed at me. I was mostly curious as I see the uneven throttle levers all the time in videos but never in the sim. I’m not a real pilot, so just trying to learn.

I’ve already praised @NightMercury358 for being on top of everything and his incredible communication with the community.

2 Likes

Not aimed at you, at all. You asked a simple question that was explained away by the reality of an aircraft’s systems vs. that of a 3D model.

No, it was more a response to @GBTAW comment reiterating that, if you’ve read all the posts in all the various Islander (and Trilander) threads, the crowd can certainly be demanding.

2 Likes

and as stated … IF you want the different throttle / mixture / prop positions it is easy enough to adjust your controller assignments

Absolutely … I complain about issues when I care about an aircraft so much, that I want it to be as good as it can be, which - I hope - aligns with the wishes of most developers out there.

Most aircraft only get one shot at being developed for a certain sim … it’s very unusual to see two or more projects about the same one. The second F-22 in development was cancelled, for example. So we only get what we get. That means every add-on aicraft needs to be as good as possible. I might even say that developers have a bit of an obligation to make it as good as possible.

I try to be supportive and helpful in these matters, but sometimes passion and frustration get the better of me. :wink:

3 Likes

(raises hand) I hear ya. :slight_smile:

I’m just happy that we’ve got people like @NightMercury358 in the hobby that have been doing this for a long (lol long, long, long) time! When I first started being allowed to help, I flashed back to the late 90s and one of the planes he was involved with - the Seneca V, N95-something. Super, super thankful we have him and BlackBox (and others!) that are churning out great content for us mouth-breathers to nit-pick and complain about :wink: <3

3 Likes

I discovered a great airport to fly the Islander to: Coco Point Airstrip (COCO in MSFS, ICAO code: TAPT). It’s a grass strip next to a very high-end luxury community in Barbuda. The approach to runway 13 is gorgeous, and if you roll all the way to the end, you can park the plane on the beach and listen to the waves!

7 Likes

A good spot if you have that //42 camping mod

4 Likes

I’ve flown to every airport in the Caribbean 47 times but never that one. Gotta give it a go.

4 Likes

Psssst! Come to Hawai’i! :slight_smile: We have some perfect airports for the Islander and Trislander!

2 Likes

This is such a nice addon, I fly it frequently. Still I have one question. I cannot switch left and right fuel pumps using my hardware switches. I have assigned them to “SET ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP 1” and “SET ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP 2” in MSFS. This works for other aircraft and it worked for Version 1 of the BN2 but stopped working in Version 2.

I cant recall exactly where, but I think this has been answered somewhere in the forums…
perhaps a search would help ?

Thank you. I only found a fuel pump sound issue covered here, but not the hardware switches. Anyway, maybe someone can help who has it working.

The last time I looked I had no luck finding the events. It’s possible they are of a type that doesn’t show up in SPAD though.

I use the event FUELSYSTEM_PUMP_TOGGLE with values 3 and 4 to toggle both pumps.

I have the same problem, using FSUIPC7. It worked fine with v1 but with v2, no dice.

That’s fine, but it needs a defined state of the switches. You don’t know if the toggle turns them on or off. So I’d rather use the set option.

1 Like