Blackbox BN2 Islander Version 2.0 PC & Xbox Released in Marketplace

I’ve been distracted by all the 40th business and have come back around to the Islander.

It needs a reset on the Marketplace rating — totally inaccurate.

With the WT GNS 530, this bird has reached another level.

I love this plane!

3 Likes

According to Wiki, there are minor differences in performance, but that’s all I can find.

1 Like

The Nose shape Basically

3 Likes

Hello,
I’m trying to bind the two fuel pumps to keys on my Bravo, and I’m having no luck. In the MSFS Controls Options I’ve tried:

Miscellaneous

• Toggle Fuel Pump

Instruments and Systems - Electrics:

• Toggle Electric Fuel Pump 1 & 2
  • Toggle Electric Fuel Pumps
  • Set Electric Fuel Pump 1 & 2

All to no avail. Can anyone tell me?

Thanks!

Im sure this has been covered several times, I suggest you do a search of the BN2 and Trislander Threads

There are explanations of the sim events to use for FSUIPC:

These are the new fuel events:
K:FUELSYSTEM_PUMP_TOGGLE with an 8 for the left hand transfer pump and a 9 for the right hand (4 left aux pump, 5 right and 10 center). If you do not like toggles (e.g. mapping it to the flip switches on the bravo for example) and want on or off you also can use K:FUELSYSTEM_PUMP_ON and K:FUELSYSTEM_PUMP_OFF with the respective event numbers.

…and Spadnext:

Yes I managed this quite recently, not sure if my setup will help you but here goes. I’m using SPAD.neXt to map the 3 fuel pumps to a single switch on the Logitech Switch Panel by assigning the parameter numbers 4, 5 and 10 for the MSFS event FUELSYSTEM_PUMP_ON and …OFF (i found these by using the Data Monitor in SPAD and then a bit of trial and error).

You could do the same using a separate switch with the Tip Tank Port and Starboard switches using parameter numbers 8 and 9.

But what I’m looking for is simply what MSFS Controls Options I can use in the sim to accomplish this. There were options that worked pre-v2 but do not work now. As I indicated, I’ve tried the obvious (only?) ones available in the sim.

If you do know the answer I would appreciate it.

I think there are none, unfortunately.

If you are only using the in sim bindings you will always run into these kinds of issues. I agree they should be much better but the reality is you need a third party app to do this stuff properly.

Is there a way to either have all the clipboard items un-ticked upon first load or a way to externally change the state of each of the items on that list. I’ve tried writing to the associated LVAR’s but it seems that the aircraft is force updating the LVAR state (no idea why this is necessary) with the state of the virtual cockpit clipboard. Everytime I try to change the LVAR it happens briefly and then almost immediately gets overwritten back to whatever the vc is showing. Therefore this is the only place it can be changed. I don’t want to have to use a mouse in the virtual cockpit to be able to turn these off at the beginning of every flight so I’m open to options.

you would need to manually edit the ****.flt file
depending on your start position … Apron.flt, runway.flt etc

these are the default options ( ALL set for “ON”)
Obviously =0 would be “OFF”

[LocalVars.0]
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
BBS_ClipBoard_Option_1=1
BBS_ClipBoard_Option_2=1
BBS_ClipBoard_Option_3=1
BBS_ClipBoard_Option_4=1
BBS_ClipBoard_Option_5=1
BBS_ClipBoard_Option_6=1

1 Like

Thanks. I would of preferred to turn them off via sim connect but that is the next best thing. For anyone else wanting this it’s just the apron defaults that need changing.

Personally, I think it adds a little to the immersion factor when you get to a plane and have to remove the protective gear and such. I only wish you could do it from the outside.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t mind that at all. What I hate though is being forced to use the mouse in the vc to do it. If all those items were controllable via sim-connect I’d certainly be doing that.

Apparently I don’t rate enough yet to start a topic, so I can’t post this in bugs, but I noticed today that changing the altimeter 1 inch in the Islander changes the altimeter around 700 feet. It should be 1,000 feet (the difference between 29.82 and 28.82, etc.). Anyone else notice this? Is it a bug with this plane or the sim? And I was at 3000 feet, so it really should be pretty much exactly 1,000 feet per inch (above 20,000 feet the rate changes).

1 Like

I think it’s a sim thing. See my descent down the rabbit hole here:

So I took the Islander for a bit of island hopping in the pacific. I had a long leg and activated the autopilot. When I switched from heading to nav mode the AP insisted on taking me on a perpendicular course instead of taking me to my destination. Couldn’t get it to follow the course. Any idea what’s going on? I have the WT update installed.

I’m pretty sure that WT is the culprit! I had a lot of problems with the new Garmin as well! I deinstalled it and everything went back to normal! It is still Beta… Regards

2 Likes

Yep I think at the moment the GNS530 is a far superior addon for the 530.

1 Like

Think you may have answered your own Q there. I had much grief in the analog Caravan and King Air until I removed the WT bit through content manager.

Havent flown the Islander for a fair while now, as things have moved on to the aforesaid aircraft, but I still love it and I do rather miss it too. It will always bring a smile to my face.

Would definitely need more information in order to answer this question. You may have had the wrong nav source, wrong VOR tuned, wrong radio selected, had an offset inserted somehow, there’s way to many possibilities to answer from the information you’ve provided.