Blinking clouds after patch 5

My dear @ChaoticSplendid, please STOP with the “they have said they won’t fix the issue”!

If enough people complain, they might need/want to change their minds. :grin:

2 Likes

I sincerely hope I’m terribly wrong about this, but after seeing over ten reports with a similar response, and considering they are not even trying to come up with a proper response to the Intel graphics matter, I’ve given up hope of this bug being fixed. I won’t stop raising awareness so that this does not happen again, but otherwise I feel this fight is lost.

When Update #6 is released next Tuesday we will have our final definitive answer I guess.

I voted for this thread, anything else I could do ?

Most importantly, send a Zendesk report. Then, there are some more threads that you can upvote or participate into.

1 Like

Are you as curious as I to see what they will break in Update #6? I’ve really lost confidence in these people. :-1:

3 Likes

I will … thanks!

Can someone enlighten me about the GTX 1660 TI OC, in terms of it still having normal (non-flickering clouds) after 1.10.7.0 and 1.10.8.0?? Would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

I would hope you would be OK since it has the Turing chipset and DX12 support

1 Like

I don’t have the TI but I have the GTX 1660 Super and no flickering clouds.

2 Likes

Just bought the gtx 1660 super to upgrade the 780ti

Easy to do an upgrade on desktop…most users with a gaming laptop are unable to update… Had no warning from Microsoft that ASOBO is going to break the clouds in the simulator. Some of us are probably considering getting this sim on Xbox series X but there is no information available how it will perform/look and compatibility of pertitheral hardware… Instead of implementation of the changes after the Xbox purchase option becomes available and proper notice period…they just broke the clouds and seem to ignore requests for at least a temporary reprieve.

I wonder whether Jorg Neumann (Head of Microsoft Flight Sim) is aware of this and how he would respond
to this issue given that his intent was to make this simulator as accessible to the community as possible or for that matter Martial Bossard the lead software engineer from ASOBO…

1 Like

I received the “Unfortunately, there is no fix here other than using the simulation on lower settings, which in this case might have to be without clouds” email in response to my report to Zendesk. Just to add to your tally. Seems like they have a stock response to this now.

Please vote Bring back Clouds previous to update 5.

1 Like

I use the msi 780 ti lightning card in sli with gtx nvidia 780, despite no sli support in msfs 2020 it seems to work for me, and as for most of you, i’m suffering since the last update to 10.8 from flickering clouds but i believe that it was after this so called" hotfix". How ever, as owner of the game stated in the microsofts appstore, i feel i don’t own my computer, of the book i feel i work for mighty companies, testing there unfinished products and help them to devellop, i would like to have control, that its me to decide if i want to fly with clouds or not. If they decide to implant dx12, fine but if stated in minimum specs, as a company it is not a fairway to say thank you to people for the past nine week for testing, instead they could have implement in the menu the option to select which version of dx the user want to select to use. They must have the knowledge, because it was there in fsx, as it is in many other games like gta, tombraider etc,
Also if nvidia is update drivers are still get updates this will mean, youre card is still not end of life, and that mean to me that it is if intended a stab in the back and discrimination to people who have low budgets and might not be able to play with the so called “big guys”.
I still want to believe asobo made a great product with huge potential, but do not screw down , youre user/audience.

Regards Sebastiaan, aka PH-Sepp

3 Likes

@Hester40MT thanks for letting me know

I have the same problem on my laptop with the same graphics card:-( Only a reboot fixes it. I noticed it seems to appear when you are in a flight and hit escape and the menu boxes come up.

I believe it says it could become obsolete. They replied to me and said the blinking clouds would be fixed in a future patch or update.

“We can’t guarantee it won’t become obsolete as we tweak and update”.

Ultimately they are the ones that set the specs and should have done so based on the product life cycle.
On Windows Central (I don’t really know if that is MS affiliated) they said the GTX700 series was the minimum and that was after the program launched. They also sai they would update the specs there if there were any changes.

Below follows the full Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 system requirements, as provided by Microsoft.

Interesting. How recently did you receive that response?

The Windows Central website must have made a typo, as everywhere else (Microsoft Store, Steam, Zendesk) the GTX 770 is listed as the minimum.

Just ordered EVGA GTX 1660 TI OC from Amazon. It is returnable with free shipping until 1/31/2021. Now, if I can get hold of a RTX 3070 between now and then…

1 Like

Have any of you uninstalled Geforce Experience (reboot) and then loaded up the sim?