Blinking clouds after patch 5

let’s write a collective letter to the CEO of Asobo

It’s good idea

I stumbled (drinking again) across this YouTube video which was posted on August 23…5 days after MSFS2020 release. It shows the stated system requirements and performs flights using them. Even with a GTX770 with only 2GB of VRAM (as starred in minimum system requirements) and a really low end cpu.

To me, Asobo has made a bad mistake in now “obsoleting” gpu’s which were “acceptable” in their stated minimum requirements. Especially within just ten weeks of release. New term to use… My graphics card has been “Asoboleted”!

4 Likes

Interesting definition of the cloud being “improved”.

1 Like

I think it was Monday morning. I posted the quoted response somewhere here. I submitted a report 2-3 hours after the update. received a generic response shortly after.
see my post 2 days ago in this thread for quoted reply.

[Support] Re: Terrible fickering Volumetric clouds (seems to be with prop) Now UNPLAYABLE

S

Support (FlightSimulator) support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com

Mon 11/2/2020 9:41 AM

To:

• You

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (#71654) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/requests/71654

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Nov 2, 2020, 18:41 GMT+1

Hi Mark,

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker to be fixed in an upcoming patch. Please keep an eye on our development updates & Patch Notes in the next weeks.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

1 Like

After the last update the weather system no longer works well for me, I do not use any addon or have made any modifications, it was after the update.
I downloaded and installed it again and the problem was not fixed.
The clouds flicker and the frozen silhouette remains blinking even if you move the camera and change cameras.

1 Like

Does this look like the problem you are having?

This worked for some people but not everyone:

1 Like

if it is the same problem, tomorrow I will try to do what is indicated, thank you very much.

Hello.

Please vote Bring back Clouds previous to update 5.

1 Like

Even after release per Windows Central said MS said minimum spec was GTX700. And that was true at the time because It seems that most everyones card was running fine.
They said in dev meetings that optimizations from Xbox dev would help PC users. So if game was already running well you would figure it would get better.
It appears many who don’t even have the bug are complaining about the new clouds as well, so who is it an improvement for? The Xbox port?

I think you are right to suspect the Xbox port. One does wonder if an established games developer is the right type of company to take on an ambitious flight simulator.

By definition a flightsim has to be highly technical and follow strict procedures defined by aircraft manufacturers, the FAA, the CAA (UK) and legal flight agencies around the world.

But Asobo seem to be lost in game fantasy land, where rules are fuzzy and optional.

MS might be putting them under a lot of pressure for the Xbox port. When I saw the flight planner I thought “ah, this is a Google Earth ‘me too’ vanity project by Microsoft”.

Time will tell.

Anyhow I am sorry for laptop users who can’t upgrade, finding a good enough cheap card is not that difficult, what bothers me is the absence of good add on planes and the fact that many things not working properly from the release are not fixed yet

Interesting. Most of the canned responses where they were insisting it’s not a bug came the following day though. I guess there is still just a glimmer of hope remaining, we shall find out on Tuesday with Update #6. Considering it’s such an outstanding issue, if it’s not fixed then, I don’t think it ever will.

REPORT THIS ON Zendesk or Asobo will NEVER FIX THE BUG THEY CREATED!

Hi everyone

Just found this forum while searching for the blinking clouds problem.
And yes, the workaround helped for me too.
Thank you

Peter

1 Like

Watch the next DEVELOPER’S UPDATE livestresm (when they get the nerve to make another) and ask them!!

It doesn’t work. Only clear sky after this

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is related to them preparing for the move to DX12, which will be needed for the xbox release.

Real shame though, I have a friend with a 750ti who now has this problem - doubt we’ll be flying together much any more :frowning:

1 Like

Please vote Bring back Clouds previous to update 5.

Good idea BadOldBuzzard will aim to catch the next developer update - might not be easy being on Australian time but might be lucky.

Thanks!