Blinking clouds after patch 5

downloaded 457.09 , did clean install , did not resolve it . :unamused:

I said 452.06 not 457.09…

Using a Gtx780 3gb oc and having the same problem since the last update. Everything prior was working reasonably well so not great A part solution is to go into the developers settings and turn off the clouds by unticking the volumetrics. Saves you from having to keep messing with the menus.

Shame this game has been plagued by so many coding issues. Hope they fix this latest issue else less people will be able to play properly compared to before.

Apparently someone asked for a refund and was given a similar response.

3 Likes

So I turned off volumetric clouds in developer mode, and flew with clear skies. Was getting 40-45 FPS in GA countryside flying. This has to be “fixable” and not just a write-off of older cards.

Btw, everything else is working brilliantly for me; including live traffic, etc. Please tell me this is a minor fixable glitch.

I’m having the same issue as well.
For me, if I change the render scaling in the graphics setting(apply and save) it will make the game look like clear sky, I’m pretty sure the weather setting is still there because I can see it from the weather radar just clouds aren’t visible, but at least it gets rid of the flickering so I can continue playing before it gets fixed.
Not sure if this works for everyone though.

Where are you getting this notion? NVIDIA disagrees with you. 457.09 is listed as the newest compatible driver for both my 960m and the 770 listed in this thread.

I said 452.06 is the latest STABLE driver for these GTX cards. All drivers after that one have problems including crashes and bad FPS. It’s ok if you don’t wanna try. Probably it wouldn’t solve that problem anyway.

Oh I’m absolutely gonna try it still. I’d stand on one foot and pat my head during the install if there was a new legit possible path to a solution there.

Ok I’ll downgrade to 452.06

Please post if it works!

1 Like

Render scaling adjustment worked for me. Down to 90 and back to 100 with my 860M.

So, help the slow guy. I currently run at 90. What should I do?

Anyone have success installing the older “stable” driver? I have the same problem. I searched right after the update but found no threads so glad I found this one tonight. Like others with older systems everything was fine until the latest update. I still have hope and have bought every MS sim version since its beginning. However, Asobo changing the minimum specs after buying the premium version and a few addons is, to be honest, bulls*it. This is very disappointing. I hope someone post a resolution or unfortunately it is back to FSX for me. Family expenditures will not allow an upgrade for me for quite some time. Good luck to all and thank you! Take care simmers.

So many threads related to this issue but yes also had a crack at installing some older drivers, knew it would be a long shot but definitely no dice on those either sigh. All this friggin sunshine, I want some clouds and rain in my life, yes really!

I tried the render scaling change mentioned above. I had it on 100 , Turned it down to 80, applied and no change. Then changed it back to 100, applied and it worked!! (For this flight anyway). No more flashing sky and clouds. Hopefully it sticks but give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation on this tweak, I had tried all kinds of settings.

1 Like

Tried that earlier as well, no luck here. Changing the render scale removes the clouds on all weather presets, yes the flicker is gone but so are the clouds themselves, just see this shadow footprint in the sky where clouds probably would be otherwise and this Nuclear blast halo where the sun is.

1 Like

Well the weather on current flight is fairly clear, I will try another with more clouds. If all else fails I have a Radeon card i can try that is similar specs to my current Nvidia. Santa may need to save toward a new card. I need an entire new build since I have an OCd i5 and limited to 16 on memory. I am surprised it has played so well with no real issues until now.

I fear Santa may have caught the rona this year.

1 Like