Screenshot by HeKa48 (Forum)
A new build is now available for SU9 Public Beta testers! Your feedback has been instrumental in this build and we thank you again for all your help! Click here to see the newest changelog. Our next Live Dev Q&A is scheduled for Wednesday, April 27th at 10:30am PT (1730). You can now ask your questions to the devs here or upvote your favorite questions! We look forward to meeting with you soon.
Click here for the web-friendly version.
- We would like to thank all of you for your excellent feedback about the ongoing Sim Update 9 flighting. It has enabled us to investigate & fix several important bugs in advance of release. Please keep on reporting what you encounter on DevSupport – and please don’t forget the “SU9” tag!
- We are polishing the new feature which renders the game in an ImGui window at the center of the screen. We are currently adding “default layouts” for each editor to offer you a well-organized DevMode to suit your needs. Of course, you will always be able to re-arrange windows!
Visual Effects Editor:
- We added labels for GraphParameter node properties.
- We are changing the Undo/Redo system to avoid potential crashes.
- We fixed the Aircraft Editor corruption issues upon saving (FUEL_SYSTEM section).
- We fixed an issue that could lead to a crash during the module compilation stage.
- We refined our work on the Terrain & Weather radar API.
- We started working on the NavData access API.
- We’re currently refactoring the SimConnect input system.
As of 04/10, we have now approved 246 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 143 (+1) have released 1,030 products on PC (+30) and 736 on Xbox (+21).
In total, 2,037 products (+25) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 526 products (-5) from 3rd party developers are in production (296 announced, 230 unannounced). In total, over 2,563 3rd party products (+22) have either been released or are in development.
1,456 airports (+6) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 1,231 airports (+10) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 696 airports (+4) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 119 airports (-1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 106 airports (-3) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
352 aircraft (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 119 aircraft (+4) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 81 aircraft (+2) have been released in the in-sim PC marketplace.
- 54 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim Xbox marketplace.
- 160 aircraft (+1) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 73 aircraft (-1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
674 sceneries (+10) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 608 sceneries (+11) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 151 sceneries (+5) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 16 sceneries (+1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
- 50 sceneries (-2) are not announced, but the dev let us know that scenery is in production.
81 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 79 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 16 mission packs (+6) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 1 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
- 1 mission packs (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that they are in production.
Click here for a web-friendly version.
There are 35 new and 26 updated products in the Marketplace today. Marketplace updates generally go live on Thursdays between the release of this blog post and 5pm PT.
We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial! April 15, 2022 is the 110th anniversary of the sinking of the ocean liner RMS Titanic. The tragic story of this famous ship has been a subject of fascination for millions of people for over a century. To mark the occasion, this week’s Community Fly-In will include some famous sites in the UK associated with the history of the Titanic. We will begin the flight in Belfast, where the Titanic was built and which is now home to the Titanic Belfast museum. We will then cross the Irish Sea and make our way to Southampton, the port where the Titanic departed on its ill-fated transatlantic voyage. All are welcome to participate! Click here for details.
One of the biggest organized flight simulation events of the year occurred two weeks ago on April 2, 2022: VATSIM’s Cross the Pond Westbound Edition. Hundreds of sim pilots and virtual air traffic controllers participated in this semi-annual group flight across the Atlantic Ocean. If you missed the action, catch up by watching this recording from YouTuber CptCanada who livestreamed his flight from Oslo to Vancouver. Warning: this is a full-length video (10 hours) of the entire flight, not just clips and highlights.
This past week our Screenshot Challenge was “Beached”. Here are our runner ups this week:
Screenshot by danimalpm (Forum)
Screenshot by YusufWardana (Forum)
Screenshot by isaiahnparadise (Twitter)
Screenshot by AHal (Forum)
Screenshot by Stanty16 (Forum)
Screenshot by simtom2 (Forum)
Screenshot by EpicBlox19 (Forum)
Screenshot by MihamaBlend (Twitter)
Screenshot by Filippo20032222 (Forum)
Screenshot by HyperJet2018 (Forum)
NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – April 21st, 2022
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team