Screenshot by InertialArc8286
Upcoming Testing Opportunity:
In our continued efforts to provide the best experience for our community we are looking for 300 individuals to help us test the upcoming World Update IV. As part of this test your participation will help our team gather valuable information prior to launching the next world update to the general public. We plan to open for signups tomorrow at 8am PDT. Check back here at that time for instructions and more information on how to participate!
- The MSFS team
Click here for the web-friendly version.
Click here for the web-friendly version.
SU = Sim Update (3, 4, etc.)
WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible
TBD = To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into the issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Started = Work as started on this item
THIRD PARTY UPDATE
As of 03/27, we now approved 149 (+1) third parties into our marketplace and so far 71 (+4) of which have released the 280 products (+14). Outside of our store, 778 products (+18) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 285 products (+0) from 3rd party developers are in production (153 announced, 132 unannounced). In total, over 1063 3rd party products (+18) are either released or are in development.
- 676 airports (+11) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 494 airports (+13) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 231 airports (+10) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 72 airports (-1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 110 airports (-1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
- 126 aircraft (+2) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 29 aircraft (+2) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 22 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 75 aircraft (+0) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 22 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
- 236 sceneries (+2) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 230 sceneries (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 18 sceneries (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 6 sceneries (+2) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
- Mission Packs:
- 25 mission packs (+3) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 25 mission packs (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
- We added liveries samples.
- We split the “Documentation” tab in the DevMode into 2 links: “Open local,” to open the files you downloaded with your SDK update, or “Open online,” which will lead you to docs.FlightSimulator.com. The latter should always be the most up-to-date, even though we try to avoid differences between them.
- Along with the next update, we shipped a first wizard, which will automatically create the XML files for your newly created airports.
- We fixed a crash when exiting “one-click placing” with Properties window visible.
- We now expose Rotation Acceleration simvars. Available with the next update!
- The SimVarWatcher sample has been updated to include recently added SimVars and Units.
An incredible Microsoft Flight Simulator Cinematic, produced and edited by Flight X
COMMUNITY SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE
This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot that embodies the phrase, “The grass is greener on the other side.” The winner is the featured screenshot in todays Development Update. Thanks to all those who participated! Our next challenge: Spontaneous landing.
Screenshot by Crowobarr1
Screenshot by gordongreig
Screenshot by CDRMaz
Screenshot by BrinyJarl122803
Screenshot by TastingDevotee7
Screenshot by Remko277
Screenshot by knack68
Screenshot by Mustang242Sqn
Screenshot by tomlaut1980
Screenshot by Indemen
NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 4.08
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team