BlueBird Simulations 757

Or even the dent in the tail

Eventually. :slight_smile: It looks really good on the plane. But I won’t promise if it’ll be on the initial release.

Looking good!

Will the FMC be accessible via hardware like the Cockpit Master CDU?

Or via a Web service similar to CJ4 and FBW?

Alternatively allowing Aviaworks or Spad.next to interface with it and allow custom support would work. You would need to provide them information on how to access the data for screen as that is the hardest part.

1 Like

Hi. Too early for me to comment on the exact details. The fmc can be undocked into another window and can load the FP directly from the sim. We’ll post more details much later down the road.

1 Like

Here’s a short unedited video testing out the autoland. Usual disclaimer applies: This is WIP and not indicative of final product. There are obvious and not so obvious things that are missing/need work. Sounds are default. BlueBird 757 Autoland Test - YouTube Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Aaaaaah lovely absolute LOVELY!!!
A blast from the past with the good old Boeing heydays with the Jumbo and the 757/767 :smiley:
The cockpit looks absolute gorgeous!

This aircraft will clearly have PMDG quality hm (and some parts of the outer 3D model go even beyond Fenix and PMDG quality with the animated turbine spinning inside the exhaust and other details).
Really looking forward to this one, I thought we won´t see any new airliner for several years now but this 757 is making extreme progress and might arrive in our hangars in a few months :wink:

1 Like

BlueBirdSim has stated repeatedly, including in response to one of your own post, that they are not aiming for PMDG quality.

1 Like

But what I see looks already so impressive that it is on par with PMDG and Fenix quality :slight_smile:
I am sure sooner or later some modder like “Salty” will take care of that Flight Management Computer and some other details if some system depth is missing, and voilá we get the PERFECT 757.

4 Likes

Hi BlueBird Simulations guys this is one of my favourite airliners and I can’t wait to fly this bird! I have some hours of this airframe on FSX with 757 Cpt.Sim and had fantastic experience flying this jet! Please my message to dev team is make this gorgeous sounds to sound powerful and stunning this engine make unique rumble and can’t miss this :pray:t2: here is video for reference guys enjoy :blush:

For full audio experience use headphones!

3 Likes

These engine nacelles look so awesome. Just like IAE but it´s Rolls-Royce RB211.
The 747 looks so awesome with that slim hull and these oversized turbines. But don´t let the Wombats and Kwokas get too close to the engine inlet while on full thrust!

1 Like

Hi all. I posted some screen shots of the VC in 8k textures. Enjoy :slight_smile: These are all WIP.
Blue Bird Simulations

13 Likes

Finally FINALLY some new screenshots of the Boeing 757!

edit:
Wonderful absolute WONDERFUL textures!
8k - that´s the way to go!!! Every smallest detail screw bolt rivet angle edge and rounded edge and tiny scratch must be as sharp and clear as a razor, giving a feeling of sitting really inside of these Boeing simulators! :slight_smile: :ok_hand:
Only 8k can do this!
PERFECT!

Can I ask something about the systems of this airplane?
Will the simulation of heating implemented in this fine new Boeing? I like to fly in Alaska and northern Canada that´s why I find it highly immersive having a fully functional heating system on board, controlling the temperature of the cargo room cockpit and freight room (or cabin).

2 Likes

It looks amazing, really loiking forward to it, I am so happy everytime I see a new post in this thread :smiley:

1 Like

It´s a PERFECT visualization of aging but without being dirty.
Aged but well-kempt and loved, already soaring through the skies before I was even born (by the way, what was before I was born, did my consciousness already exist, maybe in another body? Does reincarnation exist? Will this plane reincarnate as Boeing 797 after being decomissioned one day? Questions only the universe itself knows…)
Here is the first flight ever of the Boeing 757:

Boeing 757 experimental from February 19, 1982 compared to the new cockpit overhaul from 2012:

(But the original cockpit has more charm :wink: )

2 Likes

I posted some teasers of the engine/pylon on the FB page. This gives an idea of where we are headed with the exterior textures. :slight_smile:

I also uploaded a video here BlueBird 757 Gear Compression and Engine Overview - YouTube Please excuse my video editing skills.

20 Likes

I love the updates and seeing progress on your youtube channel. Really looking forward to the 757

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this . You beat me to it :upside_down_face: I also want to address the YouTube comments on the textures. Without getting into too much details , the textures in the video are WIP.

2 Likes

Looks great so far really looking forward to a good 757

I’m trying to imagine how they protected the light bulbs/filaments (I assume they have filaments since they’re not LED?), from the shock of landing on those lights? Must have been some beefy design going on there…

That was probably one of my biggest concerns from the video. Reminded me of cockpit textures from p3d.

1 Like