BlueBird Simulations 757

Ah the god old Captain Sim airplanes were pure gold back in the FSX days.
No visual glitch to be found whatsoever, all systems fully functional, but I was no virtual airliner pilot back in these days to really understand if such a plane was “good and realistic” or “bad” because I only enjoyed sitting in these beautyful cockpits, seeing the rain drops on the windows, and flying these tubeliners around a little bit by hand… :smiley:

There were also very good 757 addons for flight sims other than FSX/P3D

Yes I have seen these absolute gorgeous 757 and 767 Professional add-ons for XP and thought of buying these only to finally fly a good 757. Even the cockpit looked beautyful. :slight_smile:

Is the PMDG the only real Boeing for MSFS? A 737? Really? I am drooling for a B757-200 RB-211. I guess I’ll go back to X-Plane 11 for now as I don’t fly 737’s.

By the time PMDG gets a 757 out in the sim someone will have made a 797 for MSFS2020. :joy:

1 Like

Pssst… only P3D currently has all the superb Boeings, the 757 767 freighter, the 777, the FULL PMDG fleet, and more :wink: if you want to fly Boeings that´s the way to go for now. It will take 1-2 years until Flight Sim 2020 will get a handful of beautyful study-level Boeings.

Another quick update. Doing some testing on the auto-land. Still lots of tweaks needed but coming along nicely.

25 Likes

Wow that looks absolute SUPERB!!! Do you have some more cockpit screenshots? And do you plan to get a little more brown-tones into the cockpit, these older Boeing cockpits always had these warm iconic brown-tone colours :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile: Yeah the textures are still WIP. Final version will have some adjustments made.

Let me know if you need a beta tester.

1 Like

That looks absolutely stunning!
Dare I ask if you are aiming for a 2023 release or leaning more on 2024?

This is one of my most hyped planes, really looking forward to it!!

3 Likes

9 Likes

Great news, wish you the best!

1 Like

Posted another mini update on the FB page. This is just a sneak peak at the level of detail we are aiming for on the exterior textures. Here we focused on the engine and pylon. Still WIP with a few tweaks needed.

25 Likes

Hi all. We posted another update on our FB page. Making some good progress :slight_smile:

More screen shots on my FB page Blue Bird Simulations

18 Likes

Looks good! Can’t wait for a 757

1 Like

Wow this amount of detail beats the outer 3D model of the Fenix!
Impressive that even the compressor inlet vanes behind the N1 fan are modelled in 3D (the Fenix has only a dark grey circle behind the N1 fan). And the labels on that front gear are fully readable, impressive!

Are you planning to rival Fenix and XP12 addon-quality with your 757? So far it looks very good!

That´s how they did lights in the early eighties! No fancy LEDs but halogen bulbs inside a bulky tin construction held together with rivets that looks like an oversized flashlight! AWESOME!! This gear looks so cool.

Looks like PMDG too will come up with some serious outer 3D model, gear, gearwell and engine 3D model to stay competative with this Boeing release :wink:
I can even read the labels around the lens of the gear runway lights.

Look how impressive, a fully 3D modeled low pressure stage turbine in the exhaust stage (this one is driving the engine core compressor or the N1, need to read the exact technical details of this engine). While ALL other aircraft - yes this also means the most expensive third party addons - have nothing but a low-polygon black hole with zero details and zero animations and mere nothing inside when looking at the business end of their engines :smiley:

I absolutely need some immersive walkaround plug-in becase that drone camera has bad steering and way too much inertia and feels so indirect and un-immersive.
I hope a walkaround plug-in or enhancement for the Flight Sim will be release some day to get out of the airplane and move with the arrow keys with classic PC first-person shooter controls to enjoy all these gorgeous details of the oncoming addons :smiley:

“Install Q445LX lamp with filament orientated horizontal” and even the nuts holding the lens cover are modelled in 3D.
IMPRESSIVE!!
Oh wow that´s not even some random stuff on the labels but these are the actual lamps used for this aircraft:

You are planning to set a new standard for third-party addon level of quality aren´t you? :wink:
When the cockpit will get the same amount of details and system depth you surely will.

5 Likes

Any new screenshots from the most promising looking airplane and contender of Fenix and PMDG :smiley: ? You have chosen strong competition - but so far everything looks very promising :wink:

Has the wheel well the same insane amount of details as the gear itself?

Thanks for all of the kind words :). In terms of 3D modelling and textures we’ll be right up there with the best of them. However one important thing to note, this initial 757 release will be mid-level in terms of systems complexity. It will not be study level. What the future holds beyond the 757 I can’t comment/predict right now ;). But we are growing as a group and have some tremendous talent onboard for future projects and updates.

8 Likes

This is looking really great!
Will there be a Scimitar Winglet option on the 757-200 like Icelandair and United has on their 200s?