BlueBird Simulations 757

Just wanted to do another quick little update. We’re hard at work on the model/systems/flight model. Will try to post a more in depth update in about 1-2 weeks. For now I’ll leave you all with a little preview of the MLG. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Wow - it’s insane how detailed stuff is these days. Keep the “teasers” coming?

1 Like

Highly looking forward to this bird. I was at Hartsfield Jackson this weekend plane spotting watching the 757s rocketing out.I’ll surely miss them when they retire.

4 Likes

Here’s another teaser. These are just placeholder textures for now. A LOT of work still needed to make the textures really pop ( also need to add decals ). I just wanted to get something on the plane other than wireframes. We’re still working on a date to give a more detailed update. The color was picked out by my wife :smiley: . Working on a color scheme for the BBS house livery

We also made a lot of improvements to the cockpit from last time. Those previews will come during our “official” update.

13 Likes

Aren’t they already retired for the most part? Not that I don’t want to see this plane, I love it. But I haven’t been on a 757 for a very long time, and I fly short range and across the US relatively often out of BOS.

1 Like

They are still quite a lot flying in and out of KATL daily especially on Florida routes.

2 Likes

There are 65 of them flying around North America right now, per ADSB data:

EDIT: These are all -200’s. There are another 16 or so -300 variants flying around at the moment.

7 Likes

Really looking forward to this! Even after airlines phase it out the 757 will have a long life as a freighter.

6 Likes

Just a couple more teasers leading up to our next official update. I would say the exterior model and textures ( excluding VC, systems, FDE, sounds etc ) is about 50-60% complete . Still a lot of tweaks/parts needed.

22 Likes

Absolutely beautiful. I love this bird so much. Never gets old seeing the 757. Great work!

1 Like

Thanks! And I appreciate the help you’ve given on this project!

2 Likes

Nice. Look like it will be good addition to my hanger.

1 Like

First of all: Thank you for doing this airplane! It is missed since years for flightsim.

It looks sooo good, can`t wait for my first flight and please consider to do a freighter version :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Yes we plan on doing a freighter version. It will however be a separate expansion pack. Our focus is the pax version and we feel the freighter needs the same amount of attention :slight_smile: . No guarantees but we want to do two types of freighters ( ones that came from the factory as freighters and ones that were freighter conversions ). At the very least we will do the “factory freighter”.

Another thing for us to consider is the flight deck displays. As far as I know the 757 has 3 main layouts , the original CRT layout, LCD update on the CPT and FO displays and the large display layout. Too soon at this point to know if we can do all three layouts. Our focus right now is the original layout.

4 Likes

Just wanted to give another small update. We were supposed to do our next update today but we’re still working on some tweaks. Fingers crossed we should be able to get the update out early next week.

Also for anyone that is interested, please follow my FB page Blue Bird Simulations

It’s still a WIP page but I will be posting mini updates there as well.

5 Likes

Nice screenshots on FB! Can’t wait to see the first livery on it!

1 Like

Freighter Version…yes!!

2 Likes

It’s my pleasure. Anytime!

1 Like

The 757-200/300 is now firmly established within our In Development section of our website. On the page is also the initial Development Update covering progress of the product.

21 Likes

Absolutely stunning! Love your work.

2 Likes