BlueBird Simulations 757

Oh wow this is AMAZING! Finally someone is bringing the classic 757/767 to the Flight Sim!

The 757 / 767 is still the most beautyful looking Boeing ever made.

2 Likes

As I’m sure the authors are aware, the absolute key to any 757 is the flight model. This hugely overpowered beast is a riot to fly and some past attempts at sim versions (no names mentioned) have concentrated on the looks but sadly failed on the flight model.

4 Likes

I guess I might have to dig into the world of SDK and bring RNZAF Whenuapai and Ohakea up to 757 operational standards with some actual parking along with the currently under construction P8 poseidon base at Ohakea…

Any chance that you could provide a RNZAF 757 livery. …?? I’ll make it worthwhile…:wink::wink::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:
Nah jokes I’ll probably be buying it anyway someone on flight.to will make a livery for it no doubt… sometime one day…:man_white_haired:

2 Likes

Pictures released today along with a dev update.

We are definitely committed to making this fly as realistic as possible given the limitations in the current MSFS flight model :slight_smile: Our flight model guy is an airline pilot plus we have input from several 757 pilots who will eventually beta test the model and give feedback.

9 Likes

Interestingly enough, you are the second person to request the RZNAF livery :slight_smile: . We’ll look into it. I haven’t even thought about the potential list of initial liveries but RZNAF might make that list.

5 Likes

“Limitations” compared to what though? At least one other dev has compared the flight models to p3d and claimed MSFS has drastic improvements and models things they couldn’t do before. Are you able to clarify?

2 Likes

If you go into the answerhub forums, our FDE guy has several posts on flight dynamics limitations on drag modeling, swept wing logic and CP location. I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on this subject ( that’s why I hired someone for this ). One thing I experience myself that is way off is the ground friction ( which Asobo has said they are working on ). It is not even close to being accurate, the minute I land the 757 it starts decelerating sharply without brakes or reversers. Are there “Workarounds” for these limitations? I’m sure there are and we’ll figure them out eventually.

And for reference, here is a link to one of the topics our FDE person brought up. The Asobo team responded with some additional debug values that they will add in a future release ( Thank you! ) I appreciate that Asobo gives us a platform to voice our concerns and I want them to know we REALLY appreciate all of their hard work :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll look over those posts. For the end consumer though, it’s just difficult to juggle the different opinions of devs. Some claim one thing and others say something else. Could be exactly what you said that some devs have managed to overcome the issue. I’m sure you understand. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the reply mate, hopefully with the fact that the RNZAF operates two 757-200KC combi and along with it being a lovely gun Grey livery…

I thought having that livery as a selling point/marketing as your key photo would make it stand out… Being it is a current 757 operator
Or…
At the very least
If you guys do offer liveries, the RNZAF would be the perfect default livery options available

1 Like

My dream fleet consists of 737 / MD-11 and 757
I am very happy that 757 is in progress

4 Likes

Nice Job

I want to get more “study-level” (like PMDG) or “sim-level” (like justflight ) aircraft in MSFS and 757 will be amazing

5 Likes

We shall see… I am looking forward to checking this out when it comes out. I do have something to compare it to - the Captain Sim 757 in Prepar3D. So we will see how it measures up against it. Best of luck. :wink:

2 Likes

I have 100% given up on Captain Sim now, they just plan to continue bringing only absolute ridiculous jokes and rip-offs as DLCs and fully stick to their plan for years to come.
No chance that the awesome superb Captain Sim 757-200 freighter for Prepar3D will ever be ported to Flight Sim - they just continue to bring more and more trash without any cockpit at all or with random fantasy cockpits puzzled together with various stock Boeings and Cessnas with 90% inop knobs and buttons.
We should just forget that Bredoked and Captain Sim ever existed… :wink:

That´s why it´s an absolut joy to see that BlueBird Simulations finally takes on the awesome Boeing 757/767 series.
The best of the more classic eighties Boeings in my opinion.
Please continue your fantastic work on this 757!

4 Likes

F28
FS Traffic

I will be buying them all!

3 Likes

Any word on Xbox?

1 Like

Do you plan to release the PW engine version too?

2 Likes

Oh no, don’t misunderstand me… NOT the new CaptainSim. The OLD CS that had some excellent aircraft for P3D… chances of them ever doing anything decent NOW are non-existent. But I do have their rather good 757 in P3D (I don’t think a deeper 757 has been released in P3D - the QualityWings one was not as deep as CS), so that’s probably the one I’d be comparing this new MSFS aircraft to.

I think BlueBird’s scope sounds comparable to the CS 757 - not as deep as PMDG Boeings, but realistic and operating as a 757 would. No failures, but normal ops fitting within the scope of what the old CS 757 was able to give us. I still fly it a lot and BlueBird’s version should fill that void in MSFS. Even if PMDG confirms they are doing a 757, it’s likely gonna be 2-3 years, so this will do nicely until that one arrives.

4 Likes

It’ll probably be closer to the end of this year if not early next year before we can give more details on Xbox. It really is our goal to make it Xbox compatible but our focus right now is just on PC. My hope is by end of year to get an Xbox and then start the process of testing/working to make the package compatible. How much work is involved to make that happen, I haven’t the slightest clue right now but we’ll get there. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes the PW version is planned for the initial release. I haven’t gotten to modelling it yet though. Hopefully by summer I can start on it.

3 Likes