BlueBird Simulations 757

Do you have some news to report or new screen to show? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I posted a quick little update on my FB page Blue Bird Simulations

We’re making steady progress :slight_smile: . We’ll post on this forum with a bigger update in about a month or so.

7 Likes

Will the FMS be able to import the flight plan from the in-game planner (like the WT CJ4 and FBW A320) or only from Simbrief (like the CRJ and Fenix A320)? I like how the WT CJ4 offers the choice of both.

2 Likes

You’ll be able to import the FP directly from the sim. Any additional functionality I can’t guarantee at this stage but we’re looking into it.

6 Likes

Oh this cockpit looks absolute beautyful! I can´t wait to fly this bird. Don´t worry too much about programming the circuit breakers - if the rest of the cockpit is awesome and realistic.

4 Likes

Thank you, this is perfect for me as I mainly use the sim’s built in ATC.

1 Like

Hey all. I posted another quick update on my FB page Blue Bird Simulations. I’m in the process of moving so I didn’t get as far on the exterior model as I hoped. It’s been hectic the last several weeks with packing. However the rest of the team is hard at work on the other areas of the project. Fingers crossed we’ll post more details sometime in later July or early August.

10 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how this develops!

I have a special soft spot for the 757, since it’s the ONLY passenger aircraft I have ever seen doing a ‘360 overhead approach’, which I viewed from the ground at Mykonos airport many years ago. It was pretty spectacular, although I’m not sure if the passengers appreciated it :yum:!

2 Likes

Pretty much my same experience until I bought the Maddog for FSX.
Its just that much more rewarding learning the ins and outs of an aircraft in that much depth.

Me too but for the reason everytime we went on vacation to Greece it was always in a Transavia 757. They had 4 and I flew in all 4 of them, PH-TKA/B/C/D and they even managed to lease a Condor 757-300 and guess what… that one turned up at the gate as well :joy:

4 Likes

Hey all, posted another mini update on my FB page Blue Bird Simulations . We’re making steady progress… except me with the exterior model but I will get moving along later this month :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

So you are planning to add an IAE V2500 turbine to your 757? Wonderful!
Are you planning to make the low-pressure exhaust turbine also spinning like the N1 fan?

As far as I know, this wasnt an engine option on the 757.

3 Likes

So they used P&W and Rolls-Royce engines with closed bypass airstreams. Sharp turbine nacelles, these engines were looking best!

2 Likes

Hey guys, closely following your uodates!
Is there an ETA for the plane? And I mean in very general terms “aiming for 2022/3/4”

1 Like

I’m sure they are aiming for a 2022/23/24 release. :blush:

3 Likes

I think on FB they posted a while back it will be 2023.

3 Likes

Nice thanks!

The 757 only had PW or RR engines, no V2500’s on the 757.

2 Likes

@BlueBirdSim is 100% correct in his explanation of the current state of the flight model. The current flight model design is improved in many areas over both FSX and anything XPlane has ever released, but, it’s still got limitations that make modeling difficult today. Asobo is working hard at fixing the issues and is even improving on the base significantly that they have today, but it will be a year or two or more before they have plugged all the holes.

1 Like