Blurry lights on ultra-wide/4k resolutions

I’ll help keep this open, even though my AMD 3900x, X5700XT, 64gbRAM and 2tb PCIe4.0 m.2 4800gb/s drive can’t handle the sim in 4K above 10-15fps, besides blurryness I find the lack of light size change and degradation equally unsatisfying. I still feel the need to let Asobo know that every bug there is and they ad with every update so far is not good way to go let alone treat paying customers.

I found that changing my Texture filtering - Quality in the Nvidia control panel to Quality or High Quality sharpened up the sim and night lights dramatically. My monitor is Asus Rog Swift PG349Q 34” Curved G-Sync Gaming Monitor 120Hz 3440 X 1440 IPS with Eye Care Aura Sync DP HDMI. The more I increase the resolution scale in game, the sharper it gets still.

BTW, have you guys try different anti-aliasing in the game menu (FXAA, DLAA, no AA) and see whether night light orbs/bulbs change with different AA settings?

I have 1920 monitor and I get sharper and smaller night light orbs by not using TAA.

Heh, just posted this an hour or two ago then searched and found this thread. Guess I’m not alone. Voted!

2 Likes

Hey Jayne - out of interest, what does it mean when it’s escalated to the devs? Should I be hoping for a quick resolution or will this just be added to the list for investigation? No pressure if you don’t know. Cheers Stu

3 Likes

Bump. Cmon Asobo! How hard can it be to not stretch lights just because resolution is “stretched”?

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been noticing that the distant lights look somewhat blurry at 1080p too. It doesn’t look like the pictures in the original post anymore.

1 Like

Anyone tried on latest build? Stuck at work…
Slightly tired of daylight flying only as Asobo can’t fix a seemingly small problem of resolution stretching…sigh.

Still no change unfortunately

This issue really needs to be solved by Asobo!

WU6 will have some rework of the night-lighting (I think I saw). Can’t play at night as it is…looks awfull on a 5120res screen.

1 Like

I’m having this issue also. Very disappointing to do night flights on my beautiful Samsung ultra wide screen.

Any update? This bug is plaguing;

• VR pilots
  • 4K pilots
  • ultrawide pilots.
    The only pilots not affected are flying with 1920x1080 resolution or lower. How this will affect Xbox night flying? Isn’t the Xbox strong enough reason to fix it after ca. 8 months since the release?
2 Likes

Actually this issue affects everyone now, though to a smaller extent. This is a zoomed-in portion of a screenshot taken at 1080p.

The distant lights look blurrier compared to your 1080p screenshot from October.

The oversized fuzzy semitransparent orbs (lamps) are plaguing all resolutions, admittedly less obvious at 1080p. But still a bad choice of texture-style, scaling doesn’t look good at all.

The early alpha lights where definitely tighter/sharper/superior compared to the stuff we’ve had since release. We are quite a few wondering/asking why in the world that was abandoned and replaced with the huge glowing balls we currently have, but still no answers.

1 Like

I find that if I turn OFF ‘bloom’ in the game settings, the lights are better.

Better but still horibad. Cropped wide via nV Surround, it’s just so bad to start off like this.

I once got them to look good for a hot minute completely disabling any Anti Aliasing but it like didn’t stick?

Oh and the plane looked disgustingly jagged for that minute.

Guess 1: The vice-presidents daughter demands more “pretty pictures”. He’s a lovely dad.
Guess 2: xbox

I would call it “forgotten prescription glasses night flying simulator”.

2 Likes

This is Keflavik at 2560X1440