Boeing 707 as Famous Flyer 10!

Well, for all the mods and CMs here, my previous statements only referred to the fact that we don’t have any type of communication, nor merely saying that yes, it will be postponed.

We recognize that the team that works as a whole at MSFS has a great openness with the community and a good level of transparency. Unfortunately, when frustration is created, the effect reverberates in this way.

Eventually, we have to understand a little on both sides, obviously there was something unforeseen. However, consumers have the right to complain (as long as it’s polite, of course) and I think some here just wanted information about… I find it strange that some unfortunately decided to attack AH without even having seen the final product.

I just wanted to make this position clear and not sound like a mere complainer

1 Like

What I don’t understand is it seems people are free to bash developers and MS staff for their decisions as long as the comments are directed at an entity rather than a member, but if the community tries to self moderate they get chastised for speaking against another members, even while developers and MS staff are also members here, just like everyone else. It’s kind of a sad deal and I suppose there’s no real solution other than staff trying to be the arbiter of negativity and clamping down on it, but that’s no fun either.

1 Like

Personal Comments and Observations

I’m a volunteer mod, a corporate wage slave during the day, and now I’m also on the QA team at a studio producing content for MSFS, both in-house and commissioned by Microsoft. And no, I have no idea why the 707 wasn’t released today. I’m here to talk about the reaction to that. And yes, even the CMs themselves may not know.

Having spent some time behind the curtain, delays happen for a variety of reasons. Those who work in the software development industry know those points well, they live it everyday. Most of the reasons turn out mundane. When you’re working on a tight timeline to deliver a product, that’s how it is - the biggest of efforts can and are stymied, especially if you’re making sure it’s the best product it can be. If this was easy, everyone would be doing it. That’s not a boast, it’s just a fact.

The bottom line though is no one was harmed by this delay of DLC. Really. Some of the reactions, while understandable and driven by a passion for the hobby or topic, have also reached very extreme points in other cases. The product will come. It won’t matter whether the explanation comes today, tomorrow or next Tuesday. There’s been a delay, more news forthcoming. We’ll all hear about next week.

10 Likes

Perhaps it is because of continued issues just like these from their latest release:

People aren’t just making these things up to be mean or unfair.

6 Likes

Doubtful. I’m sitting here not giving a care about an ugly 707 either. I’m just following this thread for the entertainment :wink:

That said I’m not gonna jump on this C46 which I DO want… Until i find out if it sounds like the C47 or Boeing 307. If it does… pass.

1 Like

An Update:

11 Likes

I cannot overstate how much this pleases me to hear.

16 Likes

Take all the time you need with it! Glad you’re not just releasing things to the marketplace just to release them.

1 Like

I mean, I guess it’s better rather than having an unfinished/broken plane right now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But the C-46 that was released was considered acceptable…

1 Like

I find it really bizarre how we have suddenly gone from “the 707 will be out in July” to “the 707 will be out after MSFS 2024 is released” on the supposed day of release, and while I’d like to believe this is to massively improve the product and get it to a much more realistic standard, I’m really finding it hard to expect that from AH. I would love to be proven wrong though.

3 Likes

Hahahahah it was a quality issue afer all? oh my i bit my tong! That was really disappointing…

I’m not sure where you got that.

Jayne’s update states this as a tentative release point:

EDIT:

I’m a dope. I completely forgot that SU16 won’t be seen until after 2024 releases!

/facepalm

1 Like

:rofl:

I must say, it feels unprecedented to go from “It’s release day” to “maybe in six more months?”

I appreciate the focus on a quality release. But there must have been a serious disconnect between what was being told to MS to what was actually delivered for release. I can’t explain a six month push any other way.

6 Likes

All I can say is that if this is going to set a precedent, then I am all for it.

The QC needs to be a priority here.

11 Likes

Absolutely.

Now I can turn tracking to ‘off’ on this thread and set a bookmark to remind me about it in like January :+1:

3 Likes

I’d certainly hope that we’re going to get our worth out of such a delay but I still feel like we’re not going to. I’m not even sure AH is capable of making it up to snuff. It would be nice to see a working Carousel INS on release but unless they get some big brained individuals from for example Working Title to contribute to it, I don’t expect anything more than a glorified GPS who’s operation is more tedious.

1 Like

During the June livestream Jorg mentioned he’d added SU16 to this year’s (2024) road map. Here’s the quote:

So hopefully that’s before MSFS 2024 release.

3 Likes

SU16 just may release before msfs 2024 as that’s what was mentioned in last dev stream.

5 Likes

This sounds like missing features or poor 3D models/texturing and not just bugs. And the fact that it will likely take months to fix backs that up.

I’m a software developer, I have deadlines, I meet those deadlines unless the client makes functionality/design changes (very common). But in this case, the client, MSFS/Asobo, would not be making last minute changes, the design and functionality should have been frozen. AH should be able to deliver on time. Bug fixes come after.

3 Likes